- 11 October 2010 / Inauguration of the Southeastern European Center for Missing and Exploited Children
The Center falls under the auspices of the Smile of the Child; and focuses on facilitating regional cooperation as a means of addressing the specific needs of the Balkan region, including childtrafficking and child commercial and/or sexual exploitation.
- 06 October 2010 / “The Smile of the Child” inaugurates the Southeast European Centre for Missing and Exploited Children
With the support of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation, “The Smile of the Child” inaugurates the Southeast European Centre for Missing and Exploited Children, on the 11th of October, in the Municipality of Maroussi.
- 26 September 2010 / Inauguration of the day nursery in St. Moritz (Switzerland)
The inauguration of the day nursery in St. Moritz will take place on October 1st 2010.The Stavros Niarchos Foundation partially supported this project.
- 06 September 2010 / Opening of the exhibition Music of the Stones in El Chopo (Mexico)
The opening of the exhibition Music of the Stones will be held on September 8th, 2010 at the Arnold Belkin Gallery in El Chopo (Mexico).
- 24 August 2010 / Opening of the renovated Adult Guest House of the Municipality of Vouliagmeni
The Municipality of Vouliagmeni Adult Guest House has been renovated and re-equipped through a grant from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation, and is holding an event to mark its official opening on the 24th of August, 2010.
- 18 August 2010 / The newly renovated Municipality of Vouliagmeni Adult Guest House offers shelter to people in need
The Municipality of Vouliagmeni Adult Guest House is holding an event to mark the opening of its renovated facilities on Tuesday, August 24th, 2010, at 10 am. Following renovations that lasted a year, the Guest House is now in a position to offer high quality living conditions to its guests, helping to improve their difficult everyday lives.
- 01 July 2010 / Inauguration of the restored windmills on the island of Patmos
The restoration of the Patmos island windmills will be celebrated with an inaugural event, which will be held on Saturday, July 10th, beneath the landmark Holy Monastery of St. John the Theologian and Evangelist.
- 24 June 2010 / Press conference on the scientific expedition Our Planet Reviewed
The press conference on the scientific expedition “Our Planet Reviewed” will be held on 06/25/2010 at the National Museum of Natural History in Paris, to inform the public about biodiversity research in Mozambique and Madagascar.
- 21 June 2010 / Soccer School for young athletes by the veteran football player, Mimis Papaioannou
The Mimis Papaioannou Children’s Soccer Training Program is organizing yet another annual Soccer School, from July 23-27 in Volos. The program has been supported by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation since 2003.