- 15 November 2010 / Inauguration of the Folkloric Museum of Orestiada
On Sunday, November 21, at 12.30, the Cultural Society for the Folkloric Museum of Orestiada will be inaugurating the Museum, which was renovated through a grant from the Foundation.
- 15 November 2010 / Opening of the “Fingerprints” exhibition
On Friday, November 19, at 19.00, the Association of Social Responsibility for Children and Youth – SKEP inaugurates the exhibition “Fingerprints”, at the Vorres Museum, in Athens.
- 15 November 2010 / ELISA book launch
On Friday, November 19, at noon, ELISA – Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children will be holding a presentation of a book for young parents, which has been funded through a grant from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation.
- 07 November 2010 / National Herald
Article in the weekend edition of National Herald, which includes extensive coverage of the Foundation’s recent approval of a grant to the Dimitrios and Georgia Kaloidis Parochial School of the Holy Cross Greek Orthodox Church in Bayridge, Brooklyn.
- 05 November 2010 / Recent Grants Autumn 2010 - Winter 2011
At its most recent meeting, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Board of Directors approved 54 grants to not-for-profit organizations in Greece and abroad.
- 01 November 2010 / New York Philharmonic to pay tribute to Dimitri Mitropoulos
The New York Philharmonic will offer a tribute to Dimitri Mitropoulos, its former Music Director and one of the towering musical figures of the 20th century — with concerts, lectures, film screenings, an archival exhibit, and a special radio program — throughout the month of November 2010, commemorating the 50th anniversary of his death.
- 22 October 2010 / The New York Times
A review of the New York Public Library’s new exhibition, Three Faiths: Judaism, Christianity, Islam
- 22 October 2010 / Inauguration of the outdoor area surrounding the La Providence Cultural Center
On 28.10.2010, the official inauguration of the outdoor area surrounding the La Providence Cultural Center will take place in the presence of the French Minister for Industry and Mayor of the Municipality of Nice, Mr. Christian Estrosi, the President of the General Council of the Alpes-Maritimes, Mr. Eric Ciotti, and other dignitaries.
- 14 October 2010 / The New York Public Library Explores Three of the World’s Largest Religions in Exhibition Opening on October 22, 2010
Sacred texts and rarely seen materials from the Library’s holdings comprise Three Faiths: Judaism, Christianity, Islam