- 30 JUNE 2018 / An Eight-Day Celebration that we Long to Relive!
This year, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (ΙΣΝ/SNF) welcomed us once again to a large summer celebration; a celebration for the entire city, for every Athens resident and visitor. The Summer Nostos Festival (SNFestival) brought with it all the elements of the summer: enjoyment, carelessness, beautiful memories, even thunderstorms! It is an open and welcoming festival, with programming that encourages the peaceful coexistence of all people without exclusion, while welcoming everyone, both individually and collectively.
- 28 JUNE 2018 / Agricultural University of Athens’ one-day seminar on the “New Agriculture for a New Generation” program
On Friday, June 29th, 2018, the Agricultural University of Athens holds a one-day seminar for the presentation of the project “New Agriculture for a New Generation” whose objective is to help revitalize one of Greece’s most critical sectors—agriculture—by training and developing a new generation of farmers and inspiring agriculture and food entrepreneurs.
- 28 JUNE 2018 / Launch of this Year’s CTY Greece Summer Programs in Athens and Thessaloniki
On Monday, July 2nd and 9th, 2018, the Anatolia College holds in Athens and Thessaloniki, respectively, an event to mark the launch of this year’s summer educational programs of the “Center for Talented Youth (CTY) – Greece”.
- 28 JUNE 2018 / The New York Times on the upcoming series of Theater of War Productions’ performances at the Harlem Stage
In a recent article The New York Times report on the five-week run of free performances of SNF grantee, Theater of War Productions’ original project, Antigone in Ferguson which premieres on September 13th in New York City, kicking off Harlem Stage’s 2018/2019 programming season.
- 27 JUNE 2018 / Center for an Urban Future Publishes Report on New York City Parks
On Tuesday, June 26th, 2018, the Center for an Urban Future published its report on New York City parks, titled “A New Leaf: Revitalizing New York City’s Aging Parks Infrastructure”.
- 26 JUNE 2018 / Book Launch Regarding the Life and Work of civil engineer Andreas C. Dracopoulos (1891-1973)
On Monday, June 25th, 2018, the SNF grantee MONUMENTA held the presentation of a book on the life and work of civil engineer Andreas C. Dracopoulos (1891-1973), by the collector Giannis Lambrou, at the Lighthouse of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC).
- 25 JUNE 2018 / 4th SNF RUN: Running into the Future Evening Race
On Saturday, June 23rd, 2018, when the Olympic Day was also celebrated worldwide as the Olympic Day, the evening race SNF RUN: Running into the Future took place for the fourth consecutive year.
- 22 JUNE 2018 / The SNF Partners with Special Olympics to Build Global Social Inclusion with a Vision to Play Unified. Learn Unified
On the eve of its 50th Anniversary, Special Olympics announces today a landmark collaboration with the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) to support the global social inclusion movement’s goal of forging stronger youth engagement worldwide and to transform educational systems through inclusive sport.
- 22 JUNE 2018 / Traffic Regulations SNF RUN: Running into the Future Saturday, 23 June 2018
In celebration of the Olympic Day, the annual SNF RUN: Running into the Future will take place on Saturday, 23 June, as part of the Summer Nostos Festival.