- 10 November 2020 / ELIAMEP Discussion, Supported by iMEdD, Takes Stock after US Elections
The nonprofit organization iMEdD has supported the Hellenic Foundation for European and Foreign Policy (ELIAMEP) in organizing a public online discussion on “The US Elections Day After: What’s Next for the Eastern Mediterranean?”
- 10 November 2020 / U.S. Grantees Focus on Fostering Civil Discourse in an Era of Division
Behind the polarization and partisanship that characterize the period surrounding the 2020 U.S. presidential election lies a deeper truth: we all have to live with each other, somehow.
- 04 November 2020 / Discovering Diversity of Women’s Costumes in Greece as UCLA and the Benaki Collaborate
The history of Greece, with its many actors and many acts, its stitched into the traditional regional costumes of Greek women. “Hellenic Together,” a new lecture series organized collaboratively by two Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) grantees, kicks off with a look at the sartorial family tree of these garments.
- 04 November 2020 / A Perspective on how SNF is Helping the GNO Shine in French Newspaper Les Echos
Don’t let its name fool you; the Greek National Opera (GNO) is not just for Greeks. The GNO is attracting the interest of audiences and journalists around the world, and a recent piece in French newspaper Les Echos took an extended look at the GNO’s work and the support from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) that helps enable it to “shine.”
- 30 October 2020 / SNF DIALOGUES Webcast: The Future of Work
The SNF DIALOGUES discussed the challenges—and opportunities—facing workers and businesses as the way we work evolves.
- 28 October 2020 / Pollyanna Οffers Snapshot of How Independent Schools are Approaching the 2020 Election
Seventy-nine percent of heads of independent schools contacted in a recent survey by Pollyanna and the National Association of Independent Schools say they hope to help their students feel safe and comfortable asking questions about the 2020 election.
- 26 October 2020 / SNF Paideia Program Begins Series on Racism and Anti-racism with Focus on the Economic System
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) Paideia Program at the University of Pennsylvania is kicking off a series of 13 interdisciplinary discussion on “Racism and Anti-Racism in Contemporary America” with a conversation on “Income and Wealth Disparities.”
- 22 October 2020 / An Indoor-Outdoor Exhibition by Women Artists, Inspired by Poetry
“Lipiu is what I call the place I've invented to go when I am deeply sad, a state that’s increasingly intense, since all the dressed-up landscapes of the end begin to smell of stagnant water and rotten fruit,” wrote Katerina Anghelaki-Rooke in her poem “Lipiu.”
- 22 October 2020 / Public Humanities Events, from AIDS in 1980s Athens to Zine Workshops
True to its name and mission, the SNF Public Humanities Initiative (SNFPHI) offers a range of public events, from sci-fi film screenings to collaborative creation of a zine documenting our current strange existence as if it were an alien world.