- 22 April 2013 / The Board of Directors of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation approves 11 new grants in the 9th cycle of its continuing €100,000,000 initiative against the crisis
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation continues its efforts to provide assistance against the troubling consequences of the lingering socioeconomic crisis. During the recent bi-annual meeting, the Foundation/s Board of Directors approved 11 new grants totaling €5,666,815 ($7,395,682), as part of its three year-long initiative of €100,000,000; above and beyond its regular global grantmaking.
- 18 April 2013 / The New York Times on the Foundation and the grant to Prolepsis
The New York Times published an article on increasing incidents of malnutrition in Greece, as a result of the economic crisis. The article makes reference to the Stavros Niarchos Foundation, and its grant to the nonprofit organization, Prolepsis, which implements a food aid and nutritional education program in schools across Greece.
- 28 March 2013 / Renzo Piano selects and announces the winners of the competition to design the Visitor Center for the construction site of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) announced today the results of the National Architectural Competition for the design of the Visitor Center, which will open in the summer of 2013 at the construction site of the SNFCC. The winning design was selected by Renzo Piano, the SNFCC’s architect, from among the competition’s top 10 shortlisted proposals. The competition, which was announced in January, was open to all undergraduate students of architecture enrolled at the Faculties of Architecture and corresponding Departments in Greek Polytechnics and Universities.
- 24 March 2013 / To Vima – Andreas Dracopoulos: Philanthropy is about education
Andreas Dracopoulos, SNF’s Co-President, talks about philanthropy, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation and its philanthropic activities, and SNF’s efforts in Greece.
- 08 March 2013 / The Top Ten Proposals for the Design of the “Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center Construction Site Visitors’ Center” Project have been selected
The Stavros Niachos Foundation Cultural Center S.A. announces the completion of the process to select the top ten (10) architectural proposals/ideas, which were submitted as part of the National Architectural Students’ Competition for the “Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) construction site Visitors’ Center” project.
- 04 March 2013 / Floga honors its supporters, including the Stavros Niarchos Foundation
Floga celebrates 30 years of action by honoring its supporters, including the Stavros Niarchos Foundation.
- 18 February 2013 / Press Conference: Initiative against the crisis – A year of action for Greece
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation, on the occasion of completing one year since the beginning of its three year initiative to commit additional funding in the amount of €100,000,000 million to help address the effects of the economic crisis in Greece, presented today an account of the program’s first year, and announced its future plans for further assisting to address the country’s growing social needs.
- 16 February 2013 / The Stavros Niarchos Foundation announces that Ambassador Vassilis Kaskarelis, Former Secretary General of the Hellenic Ministry of Foreign Affairs, joins the organization in an advisory role
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation announced today that Ambassador Vassilis Kaskarelis, former Secretary General of the Hellenic Ministry of Foreign Affairs, has joined the Foundation as Senior Advisor to its Board of Directors and as a member of the organization’s Executive Management. Ambassador Kaskarelis brings to the Foundation his extensive and multidimensional experience, as a result of his long diplomatic career and a deep knowledge of national and international affairs.
- 30 January 2013 / New grants from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation as part of the initiative to respond to the crisis in Greece
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation continues to provide assistance in easing the effects of the socioeconomic crisis in Greece by approving 21 new grants.