- 18 June 2009 / Emotion Pictures: 3rd International Festival on “Documentary and Disability”
For the third consecutive year the International Emotion Pictures Festival ”Documentary and Disability” will open its doors to the public with the support of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation. The Festival will take place from June 19th to 22nd at the new Benaki Museum.
- 15 June 2009 / Renowned retired football player Mimis Papaioannou organizes the annual Soccer School for young athletes
The Children’s Soccer Training program, exclusively supported by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation since 2003, will host the annual Soccer School for young athletes from June 21st to 25th, 2009, at the Municipal Stadium of Pyrgos in the Prefecture of Ilia in the Peloponnese.
- 12 June 2009 / Athens Biennale, Pre-Opening: June 13-14
“Heaven” is a multi-leveled festival of modern art, stretching from the coastline of Faliron and Kallithea, in the southern suburbs, to the Olympic facilities and up to Batis and Floisvos. The founders and artistic managers of the second Biennale, XYZ, have invited a team of noted curators to express themselves on the subject of heaven.the Athens Biennale 2009, titled “Heaven,” which will take place from June 13 (pre-opening until June 14) to October 4, 2009.
- 05 June 2009 / Dedication of the Stavros Niarchos Digital Mammography Suite
On May 15, 2009, the New York Downtown Hospital dedicated the Stavros Niarchos Digital Mammography Suite. The Foundation was honored to participate in a ribbon cutting ceremony for the Suite, which houses the Digital Mammography Unit supported by the Foundation’s grant.
- 02 June 2009 / Opening of the 2nd Athens Biennale 2009
The 2nd Athens Biennale, entitled ”Heaven,” will open on June 15th...
- 02 June 2009 / Summer Soccer School and Award of the Mimis Papaioannou Ethos Cup
The Summer Soccer School and presentation of the Mimis Papaioannou Ethos Cup will take place at the Municipal Stadium of Pyrgos in the Prefecture of Ilia from June 21st to 25th, 2009.
- 22 May 2009 / May 24th - European Park Day
The European Day of Parks will celebrate its 100th anniversary this year. The first European Park was established in Sweden in 1909...
- 19 May 2009 / Inauguration of the Folk Art Museum of the Community of Milea
The new Folk Art Museum and Cultural Center of the Community of Milea, in the Prefecture of Ioannina, will be inaugurated at a ceremony on Wednesday, May 20th, 2009.
- 12 May 2009 / Presentation of the Encyclopedia of the Greek Press, 1784-1974
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation is pleased to announce the completion of a major academic milestone: a compilation of the history of the Greek Press, from 1784 to 1974, in the form of a four-volume Encyclopedia. The Stavros Niarchos Foundation provided exclusive funding for the project, which is the result of twelve years of research by 340 faculty members and research staff at the Institute for Neohellenic Research at the National Hellenic Research Foundation.