- 17 April 2011 / National Herald article on seminars for Greek orthopedic surgeons at the Hospital for Special Surgery
Article in The National Herald about the seminars which were organized at the Hospital for Special Surgery in Manhattan and were attended by sixteen Greek orthopedic surgeons.
- 15 April 2011 / Interview of Ioannis Trohopoulos in To Vima online
The Director of the Veria Central Public Library and Head of the Future Library initiative talks to To Vima regarding this new project, supported through a grant from the Foundation.
- 13 April 2011 / The Stavros Niarchos Foundation supports the “Public/Municipal Libraries in Greece Program” study
With a grant to the non profit organization Future Library (www.futurelibrary.gr), the Stavros Niarchos Foundation supports a study aimed at documenting the current state of public and municipal libraries in Greece, and the preparation of a plan and proposals for actions to improve them.
- 08 April 2011 / Bucknell professors receive approval for first U.S.-Greek archaeological dig in Thebes
LEWISBURG, PΑ – Two Bucknell University professors have been selected to lead the first joint Greek-American archaeological dig in the ancient city of Thebes, Greece – the first such excavation of the historic Ismenion Hill area in nearly a century.
- 05 April 2011 / The Stavros Niarchos Foundation grants $500,000 to assist Japan relief and aid operations
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) announced today that it will grant $500,000 to assist Japan relief and aid operations. The funds will be directed to the Japanese Red Cross Society (JRCS) and the Japan Society in equal grants of $250,000.
- 03 April 2011 / Ioannis Trohopoulos, Director of the Veria Central Public Library, talks to The National Herald
The director of the Veria Central Public Library, Ioannis Trohopoulos, talks to The National Herald about the library, the award in 2010 from the Bill &Melinda Gates Foundation, and his collaboration with the Stavros Niarchos Foundation.
- 31 March 2011 / Press coverage on the preliminary Master Plan for the redevelopment of Faliron Bay
A series of articles in the Greek press on the presentation of Renzo Piano’s preliminary Master Plan for the redevelopment of the Faliron Bay coastal front.
- 31 March 2011 / National Herald article on panel discussion about Greece and the financial crisis
Article in The National Herald on a panel discussion concerning Greece and the financial crisis, with the participation of economists from Yale and Penn State University.
- 30 March 2011 / The Stavros Niarchos Foundation is funding the Preliminary Master Plan for the regeneration of the Faliron Bay coastal zone
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation, in response to a grant request by the Greek State, has provided funding amounting to EURO €3 million for the carrying out of the Preliminary Master Plan intended for the regeneration of the Faliron Bay area (coastal front of Kallithea-Moshato-Paleo Faliro).