- 25 November 2013 / Y. Trohopoulos talks to Vima Regarding SNFCC
Yiannis Trohopoulos, CEO of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center, talks to Vima about the development of the construction works at the SNFCC, as well as the education and the cultural needs of the Greek citizens.
- 22 November 2013 / Members of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation participate in City’s Harvest first Repackathon
On Tuesday, November 21st, 2013, members of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation’s NY Office participated in City Harvest’s first Repackathon. In three hours, the SNF crew repacked 32,000 pounds of food, surpassing their goal of 30,000 pounds!
- 21 November 2013 / Inauguration of the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit of the University Hospital of Heraklion and the Hospitality Hostel
Two significant projects were inaugurated on Monday, November 18th, in Heraklion, Crete which were completed with the support of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation. The Pediatric Intensive Care Unit of the University Hospital of Heraklion was renovated and equipped, as part of the Pediatric ICUs Renovation Program, which covers the renovation of all Pediatric ICUs in the country and is completed via an SNF grant.
- 19 November 2013 / Presentation of the Food Aid & Promotion of Healthy Nutrition Program for the 2013-2014 academic year reaching 50,000 students in socially vulnerable areas
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) and the Institute of Preventive Medicine, Environmental and Occupational Health (Prolepsis) announced that the Food Aid & Promotion of Healthy Nutrition Program shall continue during the 2013-2014 academic year, following a new grant approved by the SNF’s Board of Directors.
- 18 November 2013 / National Herald – New large grant from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation to St. Demetrios Greek American School
The National Herald reports on the SNF’s most recent grant to the St. Demetrios Greek American School. The President of the School Board stated “This grant from a Foundation of the magnitude of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation is truly unique and perhaps the only one to an educational institution of the Diaspora.” The article is available only in Greek.
- 18 November 2013 / The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Donates $500,000 to Assist Philippines Relief and Operations
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation announced today that it is donating $500,000 to provide emergency relief assistance and to support people affected by Typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines. The funds will be directed to three organizations, whose work on the region complements each other:
- 18 November 2013 / The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Supports PEN American Center’s Tribute to C. P. Cavafy in New York
PEN American Center will present a tribute to C. P. Cavafy to commemorate the 150th anniversary of his birth on Monday, November 18 at New York City’s Town Hall. The theatrical evening will combine performances, personal and scholarly reflections, onstage interviews, ”live translations,” and musical numbers that will bring his work to life for contemporary audiences. The event is made possible through a sponsorship from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation, in conjunction with the Onassis Foundation (USA) and PEN American Center.
- 11 November 2013 / Renzo Piano visits the SNFCC construction site
On Sunday, November 10th, renowned architect and SNFCC designer, Renzo Piano, visited the project’s construction site to monitor up close the progress of the construction works . Along with the rest of the design team, Renzo Piano toured the site while also visiting the Visitors Center of the SNFCC.
- 04 November 2013 / Completion of the study for the restoration of the ancient theater of Sparta, supported by SNF
Today, the grantee DIAZOMA held a presentation of the study it carried out for the restoration of the ancient theater of Sparta, which was completed through a grant by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation. In keeping with the anticipated timeframe, and after a year of intensive research and scientific documentation, DIAZOMA has completed the relevant study and submitted it to the Ministry of Culture’s Central Archaeological Council (CAC), which approved it with honors, on October 15th 2013, opening the way for the restoration of the ancient theater of Sparta and the revival of its original function as a place of gathering and a venue for cultural events.