- 09 January 2014 / Olympic Village Polyclinic Inaugurates Two Mobile Medical Units
Two state-of-the-art Mobile Medical Units and an MRI scanner were inaugurated today by the Health Unit (AEMY S.A.), marking the launch of the National Primary Healthcare Education and Promotion Program in island and border regions of Greece, which is supported exclusively by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation.
- 07 January 2014 / Le Petit Monde inaugurates a new child friendly MRI mock scanner at the Lenval Hospital in Nice
On January 10, Le Petit Monde will inaugurate a new child friendly MRI mock scanner at the Lenval Hospital in Nice.
- 03 January 2014 / Olympic Village Polyclinic Inaugurates Two Mobile Medical Units
On January 9, 2014, the inauguration of two Mobile Medical Units and an MRI Scan by Health Unit (AEMY) marks the commencement of the National Health Care Program, which will provide outpatient care and preventive medicine services to the population of islands and remote areas throughout Greece. The Program is being implemented with the exclusive support of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation.
- 27 December 2013 / Article in Kathimerini on the “Journey to the SNFCC”
Op-ed by Maria Katsounaki on the symbolic event that took place at the National Library of Greece, within the framework of the “Journey to the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center” program.
- 23 December 2013 / The «Journey to the SNFCC» continues at the Central Library of the Municipality of Athens from the 27th to the 29th December 2013
The “Journey to the SNFCC”, which began about a month ago, continues at the Central Library of the Municipality of Athens with several events that combine actions dedicated to the power of the Word, the creation of Art and the beauty of the urban landscape.
- 23 December 2013 / The SNF supports the Soccer Academies’ Tournament “Ethos Cup Mimis Papaioannou”
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation, in its effort to promote athletic ideals, supports, for the ninth year running, a unique initiative of educational nature by the renowned Greek soccer player, Mimis Papaioannou. All the activities included in the Program in question are aimed at instilling the principles of «fair play» primarily in children living in rural and underprivileged areas.
- 23 December 2013 / Article in Kathimerini on good news for 2013 refers to the Foundation’s various grants
Kathimerini published an article on the good news brought by 2013 including reference, among others, to several of the Foundation’s grantees doing important work, especially in the current socioeconomic environment.
- 23 December 2013 / Article in “To Vima Sunday” edition on the program “Diatrofi” (Nutrition) implemented by Prolepsis
To Vima Sunday edition published an extensive article on the program “Diatrofi” (Nutrition) implemented by Prolepsis through a grant from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation.
- 22 December 2013 / Ethnos – Andreas Dracopoulos: “It is our vision to help our country get back on its feet again”
Andreas Dracopoulos, Co-President of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation, spoke to Magda Liveri and Ethnos Sunday Edition about the Foundation’s grantmaking activities, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center, and the importance of philanthropic giving.