- 02 August 2013 / The theater of Ancient Messene opens again through a grant by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation
In order to promote Greece’s archaeological wealth and our cultural heritage, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation made a grant to support the restoration/reconstruction of the theater of Ancient Messene. In particular, the Foundation funded the relevant studies, as well as the execution of all restoration projects carried out by the Society of Messenian Archaeological Studies.
- 31 July 2013 / The Visitors Center at the SNFCC
The Visitors Center of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) is expected to open to the public in Fall 2013. The Center is a light temporary structure, which will operate until the SNFCC’s completion at the end of 2015. It will offer the public the opportunity to visit the construction site and learn about the technical details of the construction and the project, as well as the mission of the SNFCC. The Visitors Center will also offer a /snapshot/ of what is to come at the SNFCC through exhibitions and activities for adults and younger generations.
- 26 July 2013 / The Prime Minister of the Hellenic Republic, Mr. Antonis Samaras, visits the construction site of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center
The Prime Minister of the Hellenic Republic, Mr. Antonis Samaras, together with the Minister for Development, Mr. Kostis Hatzidakis, the Minister for Education, Mr. Konstantinos Arvanitopoulos, the Minister for Culture, Mr. Panos Panagiotopoulos, the Minister for Tourism, Ms. Olga Kefalogianni, and the Deputy Minister for Development, Mr. Notis Mitarakis, visited this morning the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) construction site.
- 24 July 2013 / Third SNF International Conference on Philanthropy - June 26 and 27, 2014
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation is pleased to announce the Third Annual Stavros Niarchos Foundation International Conference on Philanthropy, scheduled to take place in Athens on June 26 and 27, 2014.
- 15 July 2013 / The Stavros Niarchos Foundation announces new set of grants
The Board of Directors of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation approved, during the course of recent meetings, a new round of grants. The grants, totaling €31,000,000, will support the implementation of new programs in Greece, as well as internationally, in the areas of Health & Medicine, Social Welfare, Education, and Arts & Culture.
- 11 July 2013 / Open Call for Internships at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation is announcing an open call for students interested in exploring an internship with the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center.
- 09 July 2013 / The Stavros Niarchos Foundation continues to respond to the crisis in Greece
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation continues its efforts to offer assistance to those suffering from the crippling effects of the socioeconomic crisis in Greece by approving 14 new grants.
- 02 July 2013 / Second Annual SNF International Conference on Philanthropy: Conference material
On June 27 and 28, 2013, the Second Annual Stavros Niarchos Foundation International Conference on Philanthropy was held in Athens. Below follows the material from the conference.
- 01 July 2013 / Second Annual Stavros Niarchos Foundation International Conference on Philanthropy
The 2nd Annual Stavros Niarchos Foundation International Conference on Philanthropy was held on June 27 and 28. The topic of the conference was The Role of Philanthropy within a Social Welfare Society.