- 29 September 2014 / The sixth mission of the Mobile Medical Units to Fournoi was completed successfully
Τhe two state-of-the-art Mobile Medical Units have successfully completed their sixth mission, this time in Fournoi. Following the successful missions to the islands of Kastellorizo, Amorgos, Kasos and Astypalaia, the Mobile Medical Units gave access to the island’s residents to free comprehensive medical care and support. The mission was part of the five-year National Primary Healthcare Education and Promotion Program in island and border regions of Greece, which is supported exclusively by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation.
- 24 September 2014 / SNFCC Photography Exhibition at the French Institute
On Tuesday September 23rd, the photography exhibition “Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center: View from the Cranes” of photographer Yiorgis Yerolymbos opened to the public at the French Institute of Greece, as part of the Athens International Film Festival. The exhibition, which examines top view images from the SNFCC construction site, will last until October 18th.
- 24 September 2014 / SNF Grant Establishes Fellowship at Chatham House Academy for Leadership in International Affairs
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation is pleased to announce a €1 million grant for the establishment of the permanently endowed «Academy Stavros Niarchos Foundation Fellowship» at the Chatham House Academy for Leadership in International Affairs in the United Kingdom.
- 22 September 2014 / “Jihad 3.0" - Panel discussion as part of the SNF funded CSIS-Schieffer Series Dialogues
On September 22nd, the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) is hosting a panel on “Jihad 3.0”, as part of the SNF funded CSIS-Schieffer Series Dialogues.
- 18 September 2014 / Academy Stavros Niarchos Foundation Fellowship at the Chatham House Academy for Leadership in International Affairs
The Academy Stavros Niarchos Foundation Fellowship at the Chatham House Academy for Leadership in International Affairs is designed to allow young promising leaders from Greece and the Greek diaspora an opportunity to advance their knowledge, develop research skills and build links with the policy, academic and other communities in the UK and the wider EU.
- 18 September 2014 / Inauguration of Renovated 2nd Thoracic Surgery Department of the General Hospital of Nikaia
September 18th, marked the inauguration of the renovated 2nd Thoracic Surgery Department of the General Hospital of Nikaia. The Stavros Niarchos Foundation through a grant supported the renovation works and purchase of equipment. The 2nd Thoracic Surgery Department consists of a High Dependency Unit, two recovery chambers, the doctor’s office, the supervisor’s space and a storage space.
- 17 September 2014 / Landmark Metropolitan Museum Exhibition: “Assyria to Iberia at the Dawn of the Classical Age”
September 22nd, 2014 will mark the opening of the landmark-exhibition at the Metropolitan Museum in New York titled “Assyria to Iberia at the Dawn of the Classical Age”, which features art of the First Millennium B.C. from the Middle East to Western Europe. The exhibition was made possible by the support, among others, of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation.
- 17 September 2014 / The Mobile Medical Units Visit Fournoi
On September 18th, the Mobile Medical Units will visit the island of Fournoi to provide extensive medical services, free of charge, to the residents of the isolated island, where they will remain until September 21st. This is the sixth mission of the Units, following the visits in Kastelorizo, Amorgo, Kasos and Astypalaia and Psarra.
- 15 September 2014 / SNF honored with the 2014 Alumni Achievement Awards by the American College of Greece
On Friday, September 12th, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation was honored for its contribution to Education during the 2014 Alumni Achievement Awards ceremony organize by The American College of Greece (ACG).