- On Wednesday, May 4th, the President of Nea Dimokratia Mr. Kyriakos Mitsotakis visited the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC).
- The Stavros Niarchos Foundation and Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics have launched an $8 million partnership to fuel the groundbreaking research of one of the world’s top emerging theoretical particle physicists.
- The non-profit organization Worldreader aims to change the lives of thousands of people in Kenya, giving digital access to books with the support of the SNF.
- On April 18th & 19th, 2016 Lifebox Foundation organized an event to celebrate its 5th anniversary in London, to thank numerous supporters from the medical and philanthropic sectors, including the SNF, for their contribution towards to its mission.
- On April 18th, 2016, the Opening Ceremony of the Pan-Hellenic Games of Special Olympics "Loutraki 2016" took place at the Sports Hall "George Giannopoulos” of the Municipality of Loutraki.
- On Monday April 18th an event at the General Hospital of Athens “Elpis” was held for the recent procurement of a modern cardiac imaging system at the Department of Cardiology, which was implemented through an SNF grant.
18 APRIL 2016Major Exhibition at The Met to Present Three Centuries of Greek Art from Alexander to CleopatraThe conquests of Alexander the Great transformed the ancient world, making trade and cultural exchange possible across great distances. Alexander’s retinue of court artists and extensive artistic patronage provided a model for his successors, the Hellenistic kings, who came to rule over much of his empire.
- The NGO Regeneration & Progress successfully designed 3 innovative educational programs in the field of medicine, with the support of the SNF.
- Following the warm response and high attendance levels of the public, the ‘Journey to the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center’ continues its programming, having already completed a two-year long journey. This cultural and educational program is now running its fourth cycle, spreading the message of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) to 87 additional Municipal and Public Libraries across Greece, and 14 Municipalities of Attica.