- 27 November 2014 / Fourth SNF Brain Insight Lecture at The Mortimer B. Zuckerman Mind Brain Behavior Institute at Columbia University
On Wednesday, December 3, at 6:30 p.m., psychologist Valerie Purdie-Vaughns from Columbia University will discuss the nexus between brain science and narrowing racial and gender disparities in professional, health, and academic settings.
- 26 November 2014 / Renovation of the Multi-purpose Hall of “Anarrotirio Pentelis”
Οn November 26th, the renovated multi-purpose hall of the Child Care Service “Anarrotirio Pentelis” was inaugurated.
- 24 November 2014 / $150 Million from the SNF and David Rockefeller Launch Major Campus Extension for The Rockefeller University
Marc Tessier-Lavigne, president of The Rockefeller University, today announced two leadership pledges of $75 million each from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation and David Rockefeller to launch a major extension of the University’s campus on the East River.
- 21 November 2014 / National Herald on A.Dracopoulos’s Visit to St.Demetrios High School in Astoria
The National Herald reports on the visit of the SNF co-President, A. Dracopoulos, at the St. Demetrios High School of Astoria, where he was briefed by the school’s leadership of both the progress made, and the challenges it faces.
- 21 November 2014 / Τhe Entrepreneurship Club honors the SNF
On Thursday, November 20th, the Entrepreneurship Club presented the Stavros Niarchos Foundation with the Responsibility and Contribution Award in honor of the Foundation’s long and multifaceted social contribution in the context of the Club’s Kouros Enterpresneurship Awards.
- 20 November 2014 / Architectural Photography Lecture & Exhibition by Yiorgis Yerolymbos, at the SNFCC Visitors Center
The flow of events continues at the Visitors Center of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center. This Friday, November 21st (at 18:00), the Visitors Center hosts architect and photographer Yiorgis Yerolymbos, in an event dedicated to the art and beauty of architectural photography.
- 20 November 2014 / 50th anniversary of Swiss excavations at the ancient site of Eretria
Since 1964, Swiss archaeologists have been involved in the excavation of the remains of the ancient site of Eretria on the island of Euboea. The discoveries and publications reflect the richness and originality of the past of Eretrians.
- 13 November 2014 / Romare Bearden “A Black Odyssey” exhibition in NYC-7th and last stop!
After traveling to six arts institutions in different US cities for two years, the Romare Bearden “A Black Odyssey” exhibition will be coming to NYC—its seventh and last stop! The opening will take place on Friday, November 14 at Columbia University.
- 11 November 2014 / 2nd Annual NYC Neighborhood Library Awards Request Nominations from New Yorkers
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation and the Charles H. Revson Foundation announced today that the second annual NYC Neighborhood Library Awards are accepting nominations from the public. The awards honor individual branches in New York City’s three library systems: the Brooklyn Public Library; Queens Library; and the New York Public Library, which operates branches in the Bronx, Manhattan, and Staten Island.