- 01 NOVEMBER 2009 / Renzo Piano in “Abitare” - November 2009 issue
This article is taken from ”Being Renzo Piano”, a special issue of ”Abitare” edited by Anna Foppiano, Giovanna Silva (photography), Mario Piazza (art direction), November 2009.
- 30 OCTOBER 2009 / The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center
Following the ratification of the contract for the SNFCC and its inclusion in the government gazette, a Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) was established on August 7, 2009 under the name of “Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC).”
- 27 OCTOBER 2009 / Inauguration of the Child Oncology and Thalassemia Units at the General State Hospital of Thessaloniki Hippocrateio, by H.E. the President of the Hellenic Republic, Karolos Papoulias
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation has long supported the General State Hospital of Thessaloniki Hippocrateio on the expansion and total renovation of the Child Oncology Unit, as well as the renovation for the new building of the Thalassemia Unit.
- 27 OCTOBER 2009 / The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center: Three Years of Progress
On October 29th, 2006, while celebrating a 10-year presence in the Greek and international philanthropic community, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation announced its intention to proceed with the Foundation’s largest individual grant, a project of national significance.
- 27 OCTOBER 2009 / Press conference of the scientific expedition Our Planet Reviewed
The press conference of the scientific expedition “Our Planet Reviewed” was held on 27.10.2009 at the National Museum of Natural History in Paris to inform about the biodiversity research in Mozambique and Madagascar.
- 26 OCTOBER 2009 / Recent Grants Fall 2009- Winter 2010
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Board of Directors has approved at its meeting, 48 grants to not-for-profit organizations in Greece and abroad
- 23 OCTOBER 2009 / Great Ideas Series
The Great Ideas Series continues with Jim Gianopulos, Chairman and CEO of the Fox Filmed Entertainment. During his visit Mr. Gianopulos will speak to public audiences in Thessaloniki on “Hellenism and Hollywood: from Aristotle to Alexander (Payne)”. November 22 -Thessaloniki at 11.00, (Warehouse A’ –John Cassavetes Hall) Coincides the 50th Thessaloniki Film Festival.
- 22 OCTOBER 2009 / Penteli General Hospital for Children
Inauguration of the A/ Pediatric Clinic at the Penteli General Hospital for Children, at 12.00 noon.
- 22 OCTOBER 2009 / General State Hospital of Thessaloniki “Ippokrateio”