- 19 October 2014 / Inauguration of New Horse Stables of the Therapeutic Riding Center of Serres
On October 18th the inauguration of the new horse stables of the Therapeutic Riding Center of Serres (KETHIS) took place. The construction works were completed with the SNF’s support.
- 16 October 2014 / The SNFCC Visitors Center organizes in collaboration with CERN a unique scientific event at the National Library of Greece Central Reading Room
A unique scientific event will be held on Wednesday, October 22nd at 19:00 at the Central Reading Room of the National Library of Greece (NLG), led by professor and CERN scientist Emmanuel Tsesmelis.
- 13 October 2014 / Lecture by Nobel laureate Eric R. Kandel as part of SNF Brain Insight Lecture Series
On October 7th, the grantee Mortimer B. Zuckerman Mind Brain Behavior Institute at Columbia University presented a free public lecture by Nobel laureate Eric R. Kandel, MD, on “The Biology of Memory and Age-Related Memory Disorders.”
- 09 October 2014 / Inauguration of Renovated Cardiothoracic Surgery Department of the General Hospital “G. Papanikolaou”
On October 8th, the inauguration of the renovated Cardiothoracic Surgery Department of the General Hospital of Thessaloniki “G. Papanikolaou” took place, the renovation works of which were supported by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation.
- 07 October 2014 / SNF honored by EBEN GR
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation was honored today for its philanthropic work by EBEN GR (EUROPEAN BUSINESS ETHICS NETWORK). The Minister of Environment, Yiannis Maniatis, presented the SNF with the award.
- 06 October 2014 / The SNFCC Visitors Center announces the new programming which will take place at the Visitors Center until the end of the year
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) Visitors Centre has completed a year of successful operation. From October 2013 to the present day, it has welcomed a total of 23,347 people of all ages, of which 3,104 were students from schools in Attica. During the same period, a total of 1,796 people had the opportunity to tour the SNFCC construction site and learn first hand about the progress of the project and its future operation.
- 04 October 2014 / No Finish Line 15th Anniversary
On October 2nd, the SNF grantee Children and Future organized an event to celebrate the 15th Anniversary of the No Finish Line philanthropic event.
- 03 October 2014 / Grants Supporting the NLG and GNO
While the construction of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center proceeds according to the original timeframe, provisions are also being made to ensure the Center’s smooth future operation. Part of the preparations include monthly meetings attended by SNF and SNFCC representatives, representatives of the Greek National Opera and the National Library of Greece as well as representatives from the relevant ministries and the Office of the Prime Minister.
- 03 October 2014 / Caravan Project - “Another World is Here”
Caravan Project, with the SNF’s exclusive support, presents the project “Another World is Here”, a journey to the remote parts of Greece with the goal to reveal a “different” and inspiring Greece.