- 05 March 2014 / The Journey to the SNFCC continues to 13 additional Municipalities
In November 2013, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation announced the inauguration of the program entitled “Journey to the Stavros Niarchos Cultural Center” (SNFCC). The main goal of the program is to help the general public, and especially the younger generation, get acquainted with the philosophy of the SNFCC, through a series of interactive and open events.
- 27 February 2014 / Two years of grants and initiatives by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation to help ease the adverse effects of the economic crisis in Greece
The SNF has already committed €77 million out of the total €100 million of the program,implementing 204 grants in total.
- 26 February 2014 / BronxWorks Mobile Medical Van Ribbon-Cutting
On February 27th, BronxWorks inaugurates its mobile medical van, becoming one of the first organizations to offer mobile medical services targeting the street homeless population in the Bronx.
- 26 February 2014 / Roundtable on “National Security & Foreign Policy Flash Points” as part of SNF grant to CSIS-Schieffer Series
On February 27th, the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) is hosting a journalist roundtable discussion on “National Security & Foreign Policy Flash Points” as part of the SNF grant supporting the “CSIS-Schieffer Series Dialogues”.
- 26 February 2014 / First Greek Annual Gathering at ETH Zurich
On February 27th, the ETH Zurich will host the first Greek Annual Gathering supported by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation, the ETH Zurich Foundation, and the Hellenic Student Association of Zurich. The metting will focus on Hellenism in Switzerland, education-career paths and the role of ETH Zurich.
- 26 February 2014 / Zero Project Conference on Accessibility
On February 27th and February 28th , the Zero Project Conference on Accessibility will be held at the UN building in Vienna. The Conference is organized by the Essl Foundation, the World Future Council and the European Foundation Center together with their network partners, such as Ashoka and Disabled Peoples’ International. Four SNF grantees (Manchester Museum, MOMA, Cultural Heritage without Borders and Artesens) will participate at the conference highlighting their innovative practices.
- 26 February 2014 / EλCulture: From my home to the SNFCC
ElCulture.gr reports on the planned next steps for the educational program “Journey to the SNFCC” and the Visitors Center and analyses the reasons that the SNF chose to support the SNFCC.
- 25 February 2014 / SNF at the conference on “CSR in Action: A Panorama of CSR Activities in Greece”
John Zervakis, COO of the SNF’s Athens office, participates in the conference on “CSR in actions: A Panorama of CSR activities in Greece” organized by the trade publication Marketing Week.
- 25 February 2014 / Special Event at the Mary Rose Museum in Portsmouth (UK)
On February 26, the Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall will visit the Mary Rose Museum as well as the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Learning Center and will have an opportunity to view at close quarters some of the unique artifacts in display. The Prince of Wales, President of the Mary Rose Trust, has been actively involved with the Mary Rose since his first dive on the wreck on July 30, 1975 and has followed the project very closely since the beginning.