- 12 March 2014 / The Guardian Presents: “How the ancient Greeks shaped modern mathematics”
The Guardian hosts a video animation produced by the grantee Royal Institution (Ri), with the SNF’s support, on how Ancient Greek revolutionary thinkers changed the way we see mathematics, as not merely a way of performing calculations, but a way of understanding and testing the reality of the world around us. Ancient thinking is still helping engineers, scientists, economists, architects gain a better understanding of our world.
- 12 March 2014 / SNF and SNFCC at the opening of the RPBW Εxhibition Piece by Piece
Representatives of the SNF and SNFCC will be attending the opening of the exhibition "Renzo Piano Building Workshop – Piece by Piece” taking place at the Palazzo della Ragione in Padova, Italy as part of the International Biennial Architecture, showcasing models of architectural projects spanning more than thirty years by the Renzo Piano Building Workshop.
- 12 March 2014 / Fingerprints Exhibition by the Association of Social responsibility for Children and Youth – SKEP
On Friday March 14th at 19:00 the SNF grantee Association of Social responsibility for Children and Youth – SKEP is organizing at Museum Vorre the annual interactive exhibition “Fingerprints”, which aims to approach “the other”.
- 11 March 2014 / Yale University’s ELI Magazine on SNF Landmark Grant to Yale School of Art
Yale University’s ELI Magazine reports on the SNF’s latest grant to the Yale School of Art, marking a major milestone towards the SNF’s long support to the University. The SNF’s latest grant creates a permanent, unrestricted endowment at Yale that will support core priorities of the Yale School of Art, while naming in perpetuity the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Dean. The endowment will help to advance the school’s leadership and presence in the global fine arts community.
- 11 March 2014 / Report on the “Economic Crisis, Social Welfare and Civil Society”
Τhe Crisis Observatory presented today the results of its research project “Economic Crisis, Social Welfare and Civil Society”, which was funded by Stavros Niarchos Foundation. The research was performed during the period of May - December 2013 and is based on the results of 35 interviews with civil society organizations. The project's aim was to record how civil society organizations have reacted to the crisis and document their activities in the area of social solidarity.
- 07 March 2014 / Sixth Form Conference of the Royal Institution of Great Britain
On March 7th, the Royal Institution of Great Britain, an SNF grantee, is organizing the Sixth Form Conference titled “The Greek Legacy: How did Greek mathematicians and philosophers shape modern mathematics?” The conference is part of an educational project on Greek mathematicians supported by the SNF.
- 07 March 2014 / SNFCC at the Conference on “Heritage First! Towards a Common Approach for a Sustainable Europe”
Elly Andriopoulou, Chief Operating Officer of SNFCC, is participating at the conference “Heritage First! Towards a Common Approach for a Sustainable Europe” organized by the Ministry of Culture as part of the Greek EU Presidency.
- 06 March 2014 / The Mobile Medical Units visit Amorgos
On March 6th, the Mobile Medical Units will visit the island of Amorgos, where they will remain until March 11th. The Mobile Medical Units will be accompanied by a scientific team consisting of the following specialities: gynecologist, a dietician, cardiologist, dentist, orthopedist, ophthalmologist, pulmonologist and otolaryngologist.
- 05 March 2014 / Presentation of the “Better Life” program
Today, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation and WWF Greece (www.wwf.gr) presented the “Better Life” program, which is implemented by the WWF, with the exclusive support of the Foundation.