- 11 OCTOBER 2019 / Migratory Birds Newspaper Event at iMedD
The Network for Children’s Rights and the team of Young Journalists from the Migratory Birds newspaper will be holding an event titled "Migratory Birds that Came to Stay: Experience, Challenges, Prospects."
- 11 OCTOBER 2019 / The Society for the Revival of the Nemean Games honors SNF
In ancient times, athletes would gather on the altar in front of the Temple of Zeus in Nemea, offer sacrifices, and take their oaths before competing in the stadium.
- 11 OCTOBER 2019 / 63 internship positions at the SNFCC in collaboration with the Greek National Opera and the National Library of Greece
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center SA (SNFCC SA) offers applicants aged 18-35, paid internship opportunities in collaboration with the National Library of Greece (NLG) and the Greek National Opera (GNO).
- 09 OCTOBER 2019 / New Organization Seeks to Empower Kids in Residential Group Homes
All children need care, love and support.
- 09 OCTOBER 2019 / Happening at SNFCC: Exhibition by Jannis Psychopedis
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) presents a retrospective exhibition by Jannis Psychopedis, exploring the artist’s “conversation” with Greek poets and their works, titled “POETICAL WORKS - Painting Meets Poetry”.
- 08 OCTOBER 2019 / SNF Health Initiative - 6th Regular Quarterly Progress Update
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) Health Initiative in Greece, drawing on a budget expected to exceed $450 million and implemented in partnership with the Greek Ministry of Health, aims to ensure high quality medical care for all by enhancing the country’s public health sector. The Health Initiative encompasses a suite of hospital infrastructure projects, equipment procurement, and educational programs.
- 08 OCTOBER 2019 / It’s an Existential Threat to Humanity. How Do we Get Something Done About It?
The planet faces a climate emergency, but in the face entrenched economic and political interests, scientific denialism, and the indifference of those with the privilege of ignoring it, action addressing it is painstakingly slow. How can we effect meaningful change?
- 08 OCTOBER 2019 / New York Stem Cell Foundation Holds 2019 Gala and Science Fair
On Monday, October 7, the New York Stem Cell Foundation (NYSCF) held its annual Gala and Science Fair, which was co-chaired by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), in New York City.
- 08 OCTOBER 2019 / An Εntrepreneurial Model for Clean Water in Madagascar
In Madagascar, one of the world’s poorest countries, 72% of those in rural areas lack access to clean water and diarrheic diseases are one of the leading causes of death. France-based organization 1001fontaines seeks to help address this by equipping local entrepreneurs on board to meet their communities’ needs.