- 17 July 2014 / Roundtable on “Iraq, Syria, and ISIS: A New Middle East”
On July 17, the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) is hosting a journalist roundtable called “Iraq, Syria, and ISIS: A New Middle East” as part of the SNF grant “The CSIS-Schieffer Series Dialogues”.
- 16 July 2014 / Completion of SNF Grant to Hellenic Coast Guard
During a special ceremony on July 16th the Foundation’s grant to the Hellenic Coast Guard was completed. The grant supported the procurement and purchase of 10 fully equipped speed boats. All 10 speed boats have now been delivered to the Hellenic Coast Guard .
- 15 July 2014 / The SNF Announces its New Cycle of Grants
The Board of Directors of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation, during the course of its meeting in July of 2014, approved 30 new grants totaling approximately €26.5 million ($36.1 million) in support of programs and initiatives implemented by Greek and international not-for-profit organizations.
- 11 July 2014 / The Financial Times on the SNF activities
The Financial Times recently reported on the growing role of private donors in alleviating Greece’s social difficulties due to the economic crisis in light of the wider and more diverse audience NGOs are called to cater it. The work of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation, including its support for the Social Housing Program and the Day Care Centers for the Homeless operated by grantee PRAKSIS, is highlighted in the article.
- 10 July 2014 / Fourth SNF International Conference on Philanthropy – June 25th and 26th, 2015
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation is pleased to announce the Fourth Annual International Conference on Philanthropy, scheduled to take place in Athens on June 25th and 26th, 2015.
- 10 July 2014 / The Mobile Medical Units have successfully completed yet another mission, this time in the island of Psara
Following the successful missions to the islands of Kastelorizo, Amorgos, Kasos and Astypalaia, the two state-of-the-art Mobile Medical Units have successfully completed yet another mission, this time in Psara, where the island’s residents had the opportunity to receive comprehensive medical care and support.
- 07 July 2014 / SEV -IVEPE launches the Program NEW KNOWLEDGE – NEW PERSPECTIVES
SEV -IVEPE launched today the Program NEW KNOWLEDGE – NEW PERSPECTIVES which aims to offer free of charge training programs for 1,000 unemployed people, aged 25 to 40 years old, providing them with the required training for the development of specific skills in order for the participants to improve their competitiveness in the job market. The program is implemented with an exclusive grant from the SNF.
- 04 July 2014 / The SNF announces a new important grant initiative to support cancer treatment
As part of its initiative to assist with providing high quality health services to all citizens, the Board of Directors of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation approved yesterday, among others, a new, large scale grant, totaling €16 million, for improving radiotherapy conditions in Greece.
- 03 July 2014 / The Mobile Medical Units Visit Psarra
On June 5th, the Mobile Medical Units will visit the island of Psarra to provide extensive medical services, free of charge, to the residents of the isolated island. This is the fifth mission of the Units, following the visits in Kastelorizo, Amorgo, Kasos and Astypalaia.