- 16 June 2015 / Incarnation: Photography exhibition by Vassilis Makris
On June 21st, at 18:00, the photographic exhibition of Vassilis Makris, entitled: Incarnation opens at the Stavros Niarchos Park. Through the lens of the applied photography specialist, Vassilis Makris, the birth and evolution of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center is illustrated, featuring the principal dancers of the Greek National Opera (GNO), Maria Kousouni and Vangelis Bikos.
- 15 June 2015 / SNFCC RUN: Running into the Future
On Tuesday, June 23, on the occasion of the Olympic Day, the city of Athens “runs to the future”, participating in an evening race that is part of the four days—and nights—of events entitled “Light Up the Night at the Stavros Niarchos Park”.
- 11 June 2015 / His Beatitude Archbishop of Athens and All Greece Hieronymus visits the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center
On Thursday, June 11th, His Beatitude Archbishop Hieronymus visited the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center.
- 11 June 2015 / World Music Day at the Stavros Niarchos Park, with Dionysis Savvopoulos
On June 21, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC), celebrating World Music Day, opens its doors to the public with a concert presented by Dionysis Savvopoulos and his colleagues, especially prepared for that Sunday and the brand new, fresh and green space that is the Stavros Niarchos Park.
- 08 June 2015 / Light Up the Night at the Stavros Niarchos Park
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) opens its doors to the public, presenting 4 days—and nights—of events for the whole family, which will take place from June 21st to the 24th, combining Music and Photography, Architecture and the Environment, Sports and Creative Workshops, all-night Video Art Screenings and Art, offering a multifaceted experience, filled with Magic & Surprises.
- 06 June 2015 / Launch of Tandem Europe, a new collaboration and exchange program for culture and social innovation
The Launch of Tandem Europe, a vocational one-year exchange program that allows cultural initiatives to kick-start long-term collaboration on a European level, has been announced.
- 05 June 2015 / Maimonides Cancer Center Celebration for Survivors
On June 9, the Maimonides Medical Center will celebrate cancer survivors and their families. Hildy Simmons, former advisor to the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Board of Directors, will be honored with the Community Leadership Award for her service to the hospital and community.
- 01 June 2015 / Child Mind Institute’s Healthy Brain Network receives $1 Million Grant from the SNF
The Child Mind Institute received a $1 million grant from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation for the Healthy Brain Network (HBN), a groundbreaking initiative which intends to revolutionize child and adolescent psychiatry by providing the scientific community with an open source, unprecedentedly rich, large-scale dataset, while improving access to mental health resources in New York City and beyond. The grant will be used to fund the HBN Research Vehicle which is the cornerstone of the initiative’s community-based model.
- 22 May 2015 / Gala for The National Herald’s 100th Year Anniversary where Andreas Dracopoulos, Co-President of the SNF was honored
On May 22, The National Herald celebrated its one hundred year anniversary with a gala at the New York Public Library in New York City. Over 400 distinguished guests from the United States, Greece, and Cyprus attended, and Stavros Niarchos Foundation co-President Mr. Andreas Dracopoulos was honored.