- Asimina Arvanitaki will share the New Horizons in Physics Prize from the Breakthrough Foundation – a $100,000 award that recognizes exceptionally promising young researchers.
- The Financial Times (FT) report on the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center referring to the SNFCC as “Greece’s new temple to high culture.”
01 DECEMBER 2016HSS Professional Orthopedic Seminar Program Focuses on Greek National Joint Replacement SurgeonsHospital for Special Surgery (HSS) will host surgeons from Greece for an annual symposium dedicated to teaching the latest techniques and innovations in complex hip and knee reconstruction.
- The Tällberg Foundation announced today the winners of its Global Leadership Prize for 2016: Sunitha Krishnan from India and Christiana Figures from Costa Rica.
Replacement of radiotherapy equipment in public hospitals
24 NOVEMBER 2016Inauguration event at the General Hospital of Athens “Korgialenio – Benakio” with the SNF supportOn Monday, November 21st the inauguration event for the SNF grant towards the General Hospital of Athens “Korgialenio – Benakio” took place. The grant includes the acquisition of the new modern CT scanner and the renovation of the surrounding area of the Radiology Department.
- The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center obtained another award, this time by the Institute of Structural Engineers, a professional body for structural engineering and public safety based in United Kingdom. The SNFCC has been honored with an award in ‘Arts or Entertainment’ category.
- The President of the United States, Barack Obama, delivered his official speech on Wednesday, November 16th, 2016 at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC), as part of the President’s State visit to Athens.
- The Stavros Niarchos Foundation will hand over the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center to the Greek State in early 2017. During the transition phase, the Foundation continues its mission to introduce the project to the public through a daily and dynamic program of free public events that, offers visitors an opportunity to experience SNFCC’s programmatic potential, and its place as an urban destination for everyone.