- The SNFCC Membership Program has officially launched offering the opportunity to join one of the Basic Membership levels.
- The Stavros Niarchos Foundation celebrates its 20th anniversary, fulfilling the original purpose of its establishment: to contribute, with all the means at its disposal, to the improvement of the lives of those less privileged and to support organizations and projects that are expected to achieve a broad, lasting and positive impact for society at large.
- The International Rescue Committee (IRC) receives a $15 million grant over five years from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) to support its emergency response efforts and organizational infrastructure systems. This is the largest foundation award the IRC has ever received for its infrastructure programs.
27 OCTOBER 2016The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) Earns the Prestigious Platinum Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) CertificationThe U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC), the organization that has developed the leading international certification system for green buildings, has announced that the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) has received a Platinum level LEED certification, the highest possible rating for environmentally conscious and sustainable buildings.
- On October 24th, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation was honored with the 2016 Hadrian Award from the World Monuments Fund. The annual Hadrian Award is given to a person or organization to recognize leadership towards appreciation and preservation of the world’s art and architecture. It was named after Roman Emperor Hadrian, who was regarded as a great patron of the arts.
- On October 11th, the Science Museum in London opened their new permanent interactive gallery designed to inspire the next generation.
21 OCTOBER 2016SNF Honored with Humanitarian Champion Award by the Center for Urban Community ServicesOn Wednesday, October 19th, the Center for Urban Community Services (CUCS) honored the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) with the Humanitarian Champion Award.
- On Tuesday, October 18th, Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS) honored Dr. Thomas Sculco for his longstanding service to HSS. Dr. Sculco, now Surgeon-in-Chief Emeritus, was officially appointed the Thomas P. Sculco, MD Chair in Orthopedic Surgery.
20 OCTOBER 2016Time and Cosmos in Greco-Roman Antiquity Exhibit Opens at the Institute for the Study of the Ancient WorldOn Wednesday, October 19th the Time and Cosmos in Greco-Roman Antiquity exhibition opened to the public at The Institute for the Study of the Ancient World (ISAW) in New York City. The exhibit explores ancient origins of modern conceptualization and organization of time.