- 20 May 2014 / 9/11 Memorial and Museum opens its doors to the public
On May 21, the 9/11 Memorial and Museum at ground zero is officially opening its doors to the public. The Stavros Niarchos Foundation is one of its founding donors.
- 19 May 2014 / Inauguration of the V Contemporary Art Biennale by the ONCE Foundation
On May 20th, ONCE Foundation is inaugurating the V Contemporary Art Biennale in the emblematic Cibeles Centro Centro Culture and Citizenship in Madrid, Spain.
- 14 May 2014 / The SNFCC at Art Athina
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) is participating at the 19th Art Athina annual art fair in order to present the project to its future visitors.
- 12 May 2014 / John Jay College of Criminal Justice hosts panel discussion on “Greek and European Union Policies on Migration: Challenges and Prospects”
On May 13, the Consulate General of Greece in New York and the John Jay College of Criminal Justice of the City University of New York are hosting a panel discussion on “Greek and European Union Policies on Migration: Challenges and Prospects”. Chief Operating Officer of the SNF, Vasili Tsamis will be one of the panelists.
- 12 May 2014 / Second SNF Brain Insight Lecture at The Mortimer B. Zuckerman Mind Brain Behavior Institute at Columbia University
On May 14th, the second SNF Brain Insight Lecture will take place at the Mortimer B. Zuckerman Mind Brain Behavior Institute at Columbia University. The lecture’s topic is “More Years, More Life: Potentials and Challenges of Brain Aging” and the speaker is Dr. Ursula Staudinger, Director of the Columbia Aging Center, Professor of Socio-medical Sciences and Professor of Psychology at Columbia University’s Mailman School of Public Health.
- 12 May 2014 / “North and South Korea: What’s Next?” panel discussion as part of the SNF funded CSIS-Schieffer Series Dialogues
On May 13, the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) will be hosting a panel on “North and South Korea: What’s Next?”, as part of the SNF funded CSIS-Schieffer Series Dialogues. The Schieffer Series is a major public event series hosted by CBS News chief Washington correspondent and host of the “Face the Nation” news hour, Bob Schieffer. Through the Schieffer Series, CSIS informs the general public about timely issues of international importance, by bringing together its experts with key players in government and media for engaging discussion in front of a live audience.
- 09 May 2014 / A high school student shares his thoughts on the SNFCC
Kimonas is a high school student at the Musical High School of Pallini. During a school visit, Kimonas along with his classmates visited the Visitors Center of the SNFCC, where they received information on the SNFCC, the progress of its construction as well as the type of services it will offer to visitors and especially youth. When he got home that day, Kimonas was kind enough to send us a message sharing with us his thoughts on the visit, the SNFCC and the future. We would like to thank Kimonas for allowing us to post his letter.
- 08 May 2014 / The Brooklyn Botanic Garden will be honored with the National Medal for Museum and Library Service
Τhe grantee organization Brooklyn Botanic Garden will be honored with the National Medal for Museum and Library Service, the US’s highest award for museums and libraries, during a ceremony taking place at the White House.
- 08 May 2014 / Athens Voice Presents the SNFCC
Free Press Athens Voice spoke with Elly Andriopoulou and Yiannis Trohopoulos on what exactly is happening at the site of the former horse track.