- On Monday, July 25th the Minister of Finance, Mr. Euclid Tsakalotos visited the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC).
25 JULY 2016Inauguration of the Renovated Pediatric Clinic at the University General Hospital of Thessaloniki AHEPAOn Thursday, July 21st the inauguration event of the renovated Pediatric Clinic at the University General Hospital of Thessaloniki AHEPA took place.
- The Hills of the newly refurbished Governor’s Island in New York Harbor officially opened to the public after a ribbon cutting ceremony on Tuesday, July 19th, 2016. The Hills is a 10-acre park on the southern end of the island.
- The Super Puma helicopter of the Hellenic Fire Department was acquired following an SNF grant in 2005 aiming to contribute to the more efficient firefighting and the more rapidly transfer of the 1st Catastrophe Management Unit (EMAK) to the vulnerable areas.
- Τhe SNF’s Board of Directors has approved a grant to the Benaki Museum for the repair and restoration works as well as the cost of the necessary equipment for the Patrick and Joan Leigh Fermor House in Kardamyli. The unique property is expected to operate as a center for educational activities in collaboration with educational institutions in Greece and abroad.
- The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center has received an ENR 2016 Global Best Projects Award. The industry magazine Engineering News Record, during the 4th Annual Global Best Projects competition, honored the project teams behind outstanding design and construction efforts of the past year on a global level.
13 JULY 2016SNF Co-President Andreas Dracopoulos Receives the Rank of the Officer of the Legion of Honor of the Republic of FranceOn Tuesday, July 12th, Andreas Dracopoulos, Co-President of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation, was awarded the rank of Officer of the Legion of Honor of the Republic of France.
13 JULY 2016G.W. Bowersock comments on The Pergamon and the Hellenistic Kingdoms of the Ancient World at the METDistinguished scholar G.W. Bowersock has written an enlightening article about his experience at The Pergamon and the Hellenistic Kingdoms of the Ancient World exhibit, at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, for The New York Review of Books.
08 JULY 2016Inauguration of the renovated operating rooms at the “Andreas Syggros” Hospital of Cutaneous & Veneral DiseasesOn Tuesday, July 5th, the inauguration of the renovated operating rooms at the “Andreas Syggros” Hospital of Cutaneous & Veneral Diseases took place.