- 06 October 2014 / The SNFCC Visitors Center announces the new programming which will take place at the Visitors Center until the end of the year
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) Visitors Centre has completed a year of successful operation. From October 2013 to the present day, it has welcomed a total of 23,347 people of all ages, of which 3,104 were students from schools in Attica. During the same period, a total of 1,796 people had the opportunity to tour the SNFCC construction site and learn first hand about the progress of the project and its future operation.
- 04 October 2014 / No Finish Line 15th Anniversary
On October 2nd, the SNF grantee Children and Future organized an event to celebrate the 15th Anniversary of the No Finish Line philanthropic event.
- 03 October 2014 / Grants Supporting the NLG and GNO
While the construction of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center proceeds according to the original timeframe, provisions are also being made to ensure the Center’s smooth future operation. Part of the preparations include monthly meetings attended by SNF and SNFCC representatives, representatives of the Greek National Opera and the National Library of Greece as well as representatives from the relevant ministries and the Office of the Prime Minister.
- 03 October 2014 / Caravan Project - “Another World is Here”
Caravan Project, with the SNF’s exclusive support, presents the project “Another World is Here”, a journey to the remote parts of Greece with the goal to reveal a “different” and inspiring Greece.
- 29 September 2014 / The sixth mission of the Mobile Medical Units to Fournoi was completed successfully
Τhe two state-of-the-art Mobile Medical Units have successfully completed their sixth mission, this time in Fournoi. Following the successful missions to the islands of Kastellorizo, Amorgos, Kasos and Astypalaia, the Mobile Medical Units gave access to the island’s residents to free comprehensive medical care and support. The mission was part of the five-year National Primary Healthcare Education and Promotion Program in island and border regions of Greece, which is supported exclusively by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation.
- 24 September 2014 / SNFCC Photography Exhibition at the French Institute
On Tuesday September 23rd, the photography exhibition “Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center: View from the Cranes” of photographer Yiorgis Yerolymbos opened to the public at the French Institute of Greece, as part of the Athens International Film Festival. The exhibition, which examines top view images from the SNFCC construction site, will last until October 18th.
- 24 September 2014 / SNF Grant Establishes Fellowship at Chatham House Academy for Leadership in International Affairs
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation is pleased to announce a €1 million grant for the establishment of the permanently endowed «Academy Stavros Niarchos Foundation Fellowship» at the Chatham House Academy for Leadership in International Affairs in the United Kingdom.
- 22 September 2014 / “Jihad 3.0" - Panel discussion as part of the SNF funded CSIS-Schieffer Series Dialogues
On September 22nd, the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) is hosting a panel on “Jihad 3.0”, as part of the SNF funded CSIS-Schieffer Series Dialogues.
- 18 September 2014 / Academy Stavros Niarchos Foundation Fellowship at the Chatham House Academy for Leadership in International Affairs
The Academy Stavros Niarchos Foundation Fellowship at the Chatham House Academy for Leadership in International Affairs is designed to allow young promising leaders from Greece and the Greek diaspora an opportunity to advance their knowledge, develop research skills and build links with the policy, academic and other communities in the UK and the wider EU.