- 28 November 2013 / Τhe Stavros Niarchos Foundation at the “Redesigning Welfare in the Mediterranean” Conference
On November 29, 2013 the Stavros Niarchos Foundation is participating in the “Redesigning Welfare in the Mediterranean” Conference organized by Fondazione Cariplo and Compagnia di San Paolo.
- 26 November 2013 / The “Journey to the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center” begins!
Approximately two years before the completion of the construction of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) and three years before the SNFCC officially opens its doors to the public, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation presented today the new program “Journey to the SNFCC” which aims to transport the general public to the near future of 2016.
- 25 November 2013 / Inauguration of the first overnight homeless shelter in Greece
The first overnight homeless shelter in Greece, established in Thessaloniki with the support of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation, will be inaugurated on Tuesday, November 26th. The shelter was designed in accordance with international best practices, and can accommodate 80 individuals. It will also offer important additional services, including emergency medical assistance, social services and psychological support.
- 25 November 2013 / The Hellenic Institute of Marine Technology (H.I.M.T.) honors the Stavros Niarchos Foundation
On November 26th , the Hellenic Institute of Marine Technology organizes the 7th Annual Meeting of Marine Technology. As part of the meeting, the Institute will award the Stavros Niarchos Foundation with the “H.I.M.T. Annual Prize 2013”for its philanthropic contributions.
- 25 November 2013 / The Captain/s Club of the Piraeus Port honors the Stavros Niarchos Foundation
On Tuesday, November 26th, the Captain/s Club of the Piraeus Port will honor the Stavros Niarchos Foundation for its philanthropic work during a special event.
- 25 November 2013 / Y. Trohopoulos talks to Vima Regarding SNFCC
Yiannis Trohopoulos, CEO of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center, talks to Vima about the development of the construction works at the SNFCC, as well as the education and the cultural needs of the Greek citizens.
- 22 November 2013 / Members of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation participate in City’s Harvest first Repackathon
On Tuesday, November 21st, 2013, members of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation’s NY Office participated in City Harvest’s first Repackathon. In three hours, the SNF crew repacked 32,000 pounds of food, surpassing their goal of 30,000 pounds!
- 21 November 2013 / Inauguration of the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit of the University Hospital of Heraklion and the Hospitality Hostel
Two significant projects were inaugurated on Monday, November 18th, in Heraklion, Crete which were completed with the support of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation. The Pediatric Intensive Care Unit of the University Hospital of Heraklion was renovated and equipped, as part of the Pediatric ICUs Renovation Program, which covers the renovation of all Pediatric ICUs in the country and is completed via an SNF grant.
- 19 November 2013 / Presentation of the Food Aid & Promotion of Healthy Nutrition Program for the 2013-2014 academic year reaching 50,000 students in socially vulnerable areas
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) and the Institute of Preventive Medicine, Environmental and Occupational Health (Prolepsis) announced that the Food Aid & Promotion of Healthy Nutrition Program shall continue during the 2013-2014 academic year, following a new grant approved by the SNF’s Board of Directors.