03 FEBRUARY 2017The National Herald writes about the visit of the SNF’s Co-President, Andreas Dracopoulos, to the Saint Demetrios Greek American School in Astoria, New YorkThe SNF’s Co-President, Andreas Dracopoulos, along with the Chief Operating Officer, Vasili Tsamis and the Director of Programs & Strategic Initiatives, Stelios Vasilakis, visited the Saint Demetrios Greek American School in Astoria, New York. They were given a tour of the premises and exchanged views with the students and teachers.
03 FEBRUARY 2017Presentation of the program "Memories of the German Occupation in Greece", with the SNF supportOn Thursday, February 2nd, a presentation of the ongoing project "Memories of the German Occupation in Greece" took place at the National Kapodistrian University of Athens (NKUA).
- The Minister of Culture Ms. Lydia Koniordou visited the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center on Monday, January the 30th.
30 JANUARY 2017“Caring with Art”. Museum of Greek Children’s Art exhibition opening with the SNF supportOn Saturday, January 28th, the Museum of Greek Children’s Art inaugurated the exhibition “Caring with Art. From the ego’s microcosm to the world of we”.
- The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) welcomes winter’s final month with a schedule full of events for everyone. Exhibitions, film screenings, lectures, guided tours, workshops and activities for all ages – and, of course, loads of music and dance promise to expedite spring’s arrival.
- On Thursday, January 26th, 2017 the Botsis Foundation presented their 33rd Mass Media Award Ceremony, in presence of the President of the Hellenic Republic, Mr. Prokopios Pavlopoulos.
- The new, state of the art, Library of the Athens School of Fine Arts (ASFA) was inaugurated on Monday, January 23rd. The relocation of the Library to its new, larger, building was made possible through the support of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation.
17 JANUARY 2017Scholarship Program for Journalists from Greece in collaboration with Columbia Journalism SchoolThe Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) presented at a Press Conference in Greece a three-year grant for intensive summer journalism courses for younger as well as more experienced journalists and journalism graduates. The program is exclusively supported by the SNF, and implemented by Columbia Graduate School of Journalism, in New York City.
- Athens makes it to the list of the 52 top international destinations for 2017 by The New York Times.