21 APRIL 2017Maryland Film Festival Provides A FIRST LOOK at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation ParkwayThe Stavros Niarchos Foundation Parkway received its first invitation-only audience on the evening of April 20th, 2017, as donors and supporters descended on the theater for its A FIRST LOOK preview opening and donor appreciation event.
- The Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) announced the details of its new grant to the National Center for Emergency Care (EKAV), totaling 14 million euros. The grant is part of the SNF’s initiative against the Greek crisis.
- The renovated Stavros Niarchos Foundation Parkway will welcome its first visitors at a celebratory event under the title A FIRST LOOK on Thursday, April 20th.
- The 5th edition of the International Conference “Meet, See, Do” took place from 6th to 8th of April in Prishtina. The conference was organized by the Balkan Museum Network (BMN) and the Foundation Cultural Heritage without Borders (CHwB) Bosnia and Herzegovina with the support of the SNF.
- As part of its broader philanthropic activity and its continuous support to the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC), the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) establishes -and supports through an exclusive grant- the open, week-long events that are held every June at the SNFCC. Admission to the events is free for all participants.
05 APRIL 2017Inauguration of the New Library of the Law School of the University of Athens with the SNF’s supportOn April 4th the inauguration of the new Library of the Law School of the University of Athens took place. The SNF contributed to the creation of the library though a grant, which covered the purchase of all specialized equipment that would allow the library to operate.
- “Odyssée 24” is the title of the 11th edition of the European Festival of Latin and Greek, which took place on March 24. Approximately 200 groups of 5000 readers read one of the 24 epic poems of Homer’s Odyssey in public spaces simultaneously.
- On Sunday, April 2nd 2017, the Charitable Sisterhood of Veria honored the SNF for its contribution to the organization to assist people affected by the crisis.
- On Wednesday, March 29, ZEN (Zagori Excellence Network) presented the completion of the first phase of its project, Sense Zagori, funded by the SNF.