- 16 October 2020 / A History of America’s Contentious Elections from the SNF Agora Institute and the National Constitution Center
It’s the bitterly contested United States presidential race everyone is talking about. That’s right: 1800, Jefferson versus Adams.
- 13 October 2020 / SNF Continues its Pandemic Relief Efforts with New Grants Totaling over $10.8 Million
Part of the Foundation’s $100 million global COVID-19 relief initiative, the new grants provide emergency relief to vulnerable populations and support for young people while also helping lay the groundwork for recovery.
- 13 October 2020 / SNF DIALOGUES Webcast - The Butterfly Effect: Entangled Geopolitics
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) DIALOGUES discussed new geopolitical balances and evolving relations between countries.
- 13 October 2020 / Student Journalists Focus on Women and Water in the Developing World at CSIS bootcamp
In the latest virtual Journalism Bootcamp at Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS), University of Iowa students focused on the impact of climate change on development needs in cities.
- 12 October 2020 / HSS Continues Transatlantic Knowledge Exchange for Orthopedic Surgeons through the Pandemic
In past years, the HSS-Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) Orthopedic Seminar Program has offered a cohort of surgeons from Greece hands-on professional development.
- 09 October 2020 / In Chile, Special Olympics Empowers Teachers to Create Inclusion during Remote Learning
Over the past several months, school systems around the world have searched for virtual learning opportunities that are more accessible for students and teachers alike.
- 09 October 2020 / Jeb Bush, Donna Brazile, and Julian Castro Join Busy Fall Schedule at Penn’s SNF Paideia Program
“Civil Discourse in Uncivil Times” is the topic of this year’s Silfen Forum at the University of Pennsylvania, co-hosted by the University’s Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) Paideia Program, but it could well be the heading for the totality of the program’s fall offerings.
- 07 October 2020 / Congratulations to Rockefeller University and Nobel Laureate Charles M. Rice
This week, Rockefeller University virologist Charles M. Rice was awarded the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine, alongside Harvey J. Alter and Michael Houghton, for his work contributing to a cure for hepatitis C. The Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) congratulates Professor Rice and The Rockefeller University on this momentous recognition.
- 07 October 2020 / New FDNY Fire Zone will Help Kids be Prepared for Emergency
The New York City Fire Department (FDNY) has inaugurated a state-of-the-art new educational facility to help teach kids how to react in a fire emergency.