- 10 July 2020 / Young people meet Trophy Challenge of agri-food innovation
In Greece, fewer than 10% of people running farms are under 40 years old. But the young participants of the “Trophy Challenge” have interesting, innovative ideas for evolving and developing the country’s agri-food sector.
- 08 July 2020 / Young Greek Artists Selected for Third SNF ARTWORKS Fellowship
It’s what all emerging artists hope for: a stretch of time to dedicate themselves, without constraint, to their artistic practice.
- 03 July 2020 / An “Off Season” Film Festival
When the prospect of fully restarting tourism seems remote and uncertain, what meaning does the “off season” have? What is “out of season” and what is “in season” during a period of profound disruption to the normal cadence of time?
- 03 July 2020 / Sports Paths Returns to Remote Islands to Help Kids Stay Active
More than 1,300 children living on 13 remote islands, including Agios Efstratios, Samothraki and Psara, are eagerly looking forward to welcoming back Sports Paths and the program’s swimming lessons, sports, creative activities, and wonderful instructors.
- 02 July 2020 / Greek Ministry of Health Event Recognizes SNF’s Global COVID-19 Relief Initiative
A special event hosted by the Greek Ministry of Health recognized the Stavros Niarchos Foundation’s (SNF) contribution to strengthening the preparedness of the Greek National Health System to respond to challenges like COVID-19.
- 02 July 2020 / Columbia Announces Summer Grants in Public Humanities for Students
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Public Humanities Initiative (SNFPHI) has announced the recipients of its summer grants in public humanities.
- 01 July 2020 / The SNFestival RetroFuture Edition came to an end, the events remain on demand!
People from more than 60 countries came together to enjoy 8 days and 30 online events at the Summer Nostos Festival: RetroFuture Edition
- 01 July 2020 / Exploring Injustice through the Book of Job
Theater of War Productions, known for bringing together provocative texts, talented actors, and participants with “skin in the game” to delve into urgent and difficult issues, is presenting The Job Project on Wednesday, July 1 through an online performance open to the public.
- 28 June 2020 / SNF Co-President Andreas Dracopoulos in Kathimerini
The SNF co-President, Mr. Andreas Dracopoulos gave an interview to the Greek newspaper Kathimerini, speaking, among others, about the future of Greece, the lessons that the world community can learn from the crisis of Covid 19 and the notion of philanthropy at large.