- 11 FEBRUARY 2019 / Chiara Fumai’s first North American Solo Exhibit to Open at ISCP
On February 12th, an exhibition of the work of Chiara Fumai, LESS LIGHT, will open at the International Studio & Curatorial Program (ISCP).
- 11 FEBRUARY 2019 / Petagma Opens its Doors in a New Neighborhood with Support from SNF
On Sunday, February 10th, the Petagma Association, the Parent Association for the Supported Living of People with Intellectual Disabilities, opened the doors of its new home in Vrilissia, Athens, in order to get acquainted with their new neighbors and discuss its work with them.
- 11 FEBRUARY 2019 / UCLA Αnnounces Νew Arts Endowment SNF Center for the Study of Hellenic Culture
On Friday, February 8th, the UCLA Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) Center for the Study of Hellenic Culture announced the creation of a new endowment for the presentation of Greek-related works of art.
- 07 FEBRUARY 2019 / Inauguration of Linear Accelerators at Attikon University General Hospital
On Thursday, February 14th, 2019 Attikon University General Hospital will hold inauguration ceremony for two new linear accelerators that have been installed in the hospital’s Radiotherapy Department, through a Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) grant.
- 06 FEBRUARY 2019 / Greek National Opera Education Project Advances in Fedora Prizes Competition
The proposal by the Greek National Opera (GNO), titled “Co-OPERAtive: An intercultural and collaborative opera hub,” which was submitted to the Fedora Prizes competition in early December 2018 in the category of educational programs, has qualified for the next phase of the competition.
- 06 FEBRUARY 2019 / «Freedom in the World 2019: Democracy in Retreat» with the SNF Agora Institute
Freedom House, which scores countries on the extent to which democratic freedoms prevail there, has charted a global decline in democracy for over a decade. On Tuesday, February 5th, Freedom House and the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) Agora Institute at Johns Hopkins University co-hosted a panel discussion of this troubling trend.
- 06 FEBRUARY 2019 / Global Editors Network announces 2019 Summit at the SNFCC
The Global Editors Network (GEN) has announced that, at the invitation of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), the 2019 GEN Summit will be held at the Stavros Niarchos Cultural Center (SNFCC) in Athens, Greece.
- 05 FEBRUARY 2019 / iMEdD Begins Work Promoting Journalistic Excellence
At the beginning of February, the new non-profit organization iMedD (incubator for Media Education and Development) announced the start of its operations, through an exclusive grant of Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF). Based in Athens, iMedD’s mission is to promote transparency, accuracy, independence, meritocracy, and excellence in journalism.
- 04 FEBRUARY 2019 / Strengthening Greece’s Arsenal in the Battle against Cancer
For Katie Theodorou, it’s cooking magazines. “I find that a waiting room with cooking magazines can be comforting.” Just as people face differing challenges in their battles with cancer, they draw strength, comfort, and hope from different sources.