- 11 MARCH 2020 / Fellowships for 80 Young Greek Artists at ARTWORKS
Are you a young Greek artist?
- 11 MARCH 2020 / SNF Centre for Hellenic Studies at Simon Frasier University Releases Annual Publication
“It was an absolute pleasure to work in such a friendly and supportive environment with so many experienced and talented officers,” says Simon Fraser University undergraduate Kyra Mainer of her experience interning at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation’s (SNF) Athens office.
- 10 MARCH 2020 / Spyros Louis’ Silver Cup, from the SNFCC, to Ancient Olympia
Spyros Louis’ Silver cup has traveled more than 290 kilometers to the Ancient Olympic Games Museum, on the occasion of the Olympic Flame Lighting Ceremony for the 2020 Olympic Games in Tokyo, which will take place on March 12th. The Cup will remain there temporarily, next to Spyros Louis’ skyphos vase, which recently became a permanent exhibit of the collection.
- 09 MARCH 2020 / Soccer Star Gives Kids in his Native Brazil a Quality Place to play
Over the weekend, kids in the Brazilian city of Taquaritinga gained a new place to play that’s not only safe and dignified, but good enough for a superstar soccer pro.
- 05 MARCH 2020 / Tällberg Foundation Seeks Nominations for 2020 Global Leadership Prize
Do you know a leader in any field of work whose vision makes them stand out not only in their field, but also in life?
- 05 MARCH 2020 / Greek National Opera has opened its Curtain on Enchantment for 80 years
Eighty years ago today, the Greek National Opera (GNO) staged its inaugural performance, Johann Strauss II’s famous operetta Die Fledermaus. To mark the anniversary, hundreds have gathered for a contemporary production of the same operetta, celebrating the GNO’s rich past and ambitious future.
- 05 MARCH 2020 / Expanding Access to Palliative Care through Tailored Training for Clinicians
Palliative care focuses on providing relief for people living with a serious illness, with a goal of improving quality of life for patients and their families. The Center to Advance Palliative Care (CAPC) works to make palliative care more broadly available to patients across the United States by improving the skills and knowledge of clinicians who serve seriously ill patients and their families.
- 04 MARCH 2020 / Applications Οpen for 2020 SNF Bioethics Academy in Athens
Advances in biology and medicine might expand the range of our scientific capabilities, but shed no light on what we should do, how those capabilities should be used.
- 04 MARCH 2020 / From Tunisian Pop to Druze Politics, a Diversity of New Commissions by Mophradat
Mophradat, a Brussels-based nonprofit, seeks to create opportunities for artists from the diverse Arab world to create and share new work.