- 23 June 2020 / Greek Prime Minister Highlights Diaspora Language Tools
The StaEllenika initiative, which offers Greek language learning pathways to young people around the globe, was the focus of an online event held today with Greek Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis.
- 23 June 2020 / A $7.5 Million “Thank You” to More Than 4,600 Greek ICU Staff
Greece is gradually inching back toward normalcy, cautiously planning for the future. For most, the past few months have proved challenging, but for some, daily conditions have been extremely demanding.
- 22 June 2020 / “Parontes” at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center
As of Saturday 20 June, “Parontes”, the multi-media project of iMEdD featuring 43 photojournalism pieces, is presented on the perimeter of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Centre (SNFCC) park.
- 18 June 2020 / The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Congratulates the New “Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center S.A.” Board
Following the first meeting of the new Board of Directors of the “Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center S.A.”, all of us at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) congratulate the Board’s new members and wish them every success.
- 17 June 2020 / Nature and hospitality in an online film festival from Vamvakou
You wouldn’t guess it by looking at this small mountain village on the slopes of Mount Parnon, but 90 years ago, Vamvakou hosted an early open-air cinema.
- 17 June 2020 / UCLA Launches SNF Center for the Study of Hellenic Culture
The University of California, Los Angeles has announced the formal launch of its Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) Center for the Study of Hellenic Culture.
- 17 June 2020 / SNF DIALOGUES Webcast: The Interplay between Technology and Democracy: Pοtential and Limitations
The SNF DIALOGUES and the SNF Agora Institute open, during the Summer Nostos Festival: RetroFuture Edition, an online discussion on what technology might mean for democratic systems.
- 16 June 2020 / Mobile Medical Unit Missions to Remote Areas of Greece Resume
The Mobile Medical Units (MMUs) set sail once again for remote islands and isolated regions of mainland Greece, after more than two months of avoiding travel to help contain the pandemic and providing remote care.
- 15 June 2020 / Hellenic Fire Department Better Equipped for Fire Season with Key Progress in €25 million SNF Grant
Even as the pandemic and its effects occupy our collective attention, other pressing needs remain on a number of different fronts. One of these fronts, as fire season starts, is protecting the people and the natural environment of Greece by ensuring that the Fire Department has what they need to fulfill their mission.