- 27 September 2021 / Learn how our brains decide and create at Columbia’s SNF Brain Insight Lecture
Can knowing how our brains make decisions help us innovate and produce better ideas?
- 27 September 2021 / New highlights from Greek cinema come to New York
A woman with a secret has lost her memory, but not her skill in the kitchen. A reclusive farmer in Northern Greece fights back against a mining company. A former Olympic diver embarks on an unexpected road trip.
- 26 September 2021 / October in Vamvakou
Village life is proverbially slow. But this doesn’t hold true for the Greek village of Vamvakou, where there’s something new on offer every day—even for visitors who have been before.
- 24 September 2021 / Le Figaro feature spotlights the revival of the GNO and the role of SNF support
The Greek National Opera (GNO) continues to prove that it has earned its place as an international creative force, drawing the interest of audiences and media outlets from around the world. In a new feature, the French newspaper Le Figaro lifts up the GNO’s recent work and the support the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) has lent it, which, according to the article, enables the GNO to “radiate internationally.”
- 23 September 2021 / To get to know their city, SNF Paideia fellows circumnavigate it
Before the school year starts, fellows in the University of Pennsylvania’s Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) Paideia Program took a walk around Philadelphia—literally. The undergraduate fellows joined with faculty and staff to walk the city’s 100-mile perimeter, different groups taking different segments.
- 23 September 2021 / The Potato Eaters meet the lesson planners: Van Gogh at School helps kids interact with art
Van Gogh is going to school. A new program from the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam is offering free, interactive art lessons and teaching resources for primary and secondary school students based on the painter’s life and work.
- 22 September 2021 / Special Olympics Hellas travels to Vamvakou
From September 17-19, Special Olympics Hellas (SOH) traveled to the Greek village of Vamvakou as part of its Families Program and was hosted by the Vamvakou Revival team.
- 20 September 2021 / The Greek National Opera returns to the stage
A rich program of concerts and new opera and ballet productions arrives onstage in Stavros Niarchos Hall and the Alternative Stage at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center through the Greek National Opera (GNO)’s October to December 2021 program.
- 20 September 2021 / Spartathlon runners set to race ancient ultramarathon course from Athens to Sparta