- 11 June 2014 / The John Jay College of Criminal Justice Bi-annual International Conference 2014
John Jay College of Criminal Justice’s bi-annual international conference is taking place in Athens, with the Stavros Niarchos Foundation’s support. The conference, taking place from June 12th to June 14th focuses on the theme of “Contending Approaches to Justice and World Order”.
- 10 June 2014 / The Mobile Medical Units returned from Astypalaia
The two state-of-the-art Mobile Medical Units have successfully completed yet another mission, this time in Astypalaia, where the border island’s residents had the opportunity to receive comprehensive medical care and support, completely free of charge, from the professional volunteer doctors taking part in the five-year National Primary Healthcare Education and Promotion Program in island and border regions of Greece.
- 10 June 2014 / Ashoka Changemakers’ day
On May 12 & 13, SNF grantee Ashoka is organizing the Ashoka Changemakers’ day, a European summit for social innovation in Paris.
- 06 June 2014 / The Center for Modern Greece opens today at the Freie University in Berlin
The interdisciplinary Center for Modern Greece, which was created through a grant by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation, is being inaugurated today at Freie Universität in Berlin. The inauguration will coincide with a speech by the President of the European Court, Professor Vassilios Skouris.
- 05 June 2014 / Reopening of the 18th Century decorative arts galleries at the Louvre
On June 6, the Louvre will reopen its 18th Century decorative arts galleries. This is the first time since 2005 that the public will be able to access and view the specific collection.
- 03 June 2014 / The SNF supports flood relief and recovery efforts in Serbia and Bosnia-Herzegovina
In recognition of the urgent need for emergency relief for millions of people in Serbia and Bosnia-Herzegovina, the Board of Directors of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation approved an emergency grant of €300,000, in active support of the relief and recovery efforts in response to the recent devastating floods.
- 03 June 2014 / No Finish Line Award Ceremony
On June 4, SNF grantee Children and Future organizes its annual Award Ceremony to distribute funds raised during the November No Finish Line 2013 fundraising event. The SNF is a major sponsor of the event
- 27 May 2014 / The SNF Elected Member of the EFC Governing Council
The European Foundation Centre announced its new Governing Council and Management Committee for 2014-2015 during the Annual General Assembly and Conference which took place on May 15-17 in Sarajevo
- 27 May 2014 / Τhe Mobile Medical Units will visit Astypalaia
On May 29th, the Mobile Medical Units will visit the island of Astypalaia. This is the fourth visit of the Mobile Medical Units who so far have completed visits to Kastelorizo, Amorgo and Kasos. The Mobile Units will be accompanied by a scientific team consisting of the following specialties: gynecologist, a dietician, cardiologist, dentist, orthopedist, ophthalmologist, pulmonologist and otolaryngologist.