- 06 May 2015 / The SNF offers emergency relief support to Nepal, in the aftermath of the catastrophic earthquake
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation has announced a total grant of $500,000 to Oxfam GB, and the International Federation of Red Cross, to assist international relief efforts aiming to provide critical support to the people of Nepal, who are suffering from the recent massive earthquake.
- 04 May 2015 / SNF Brain Insight Lecture at The Mortimer B. Zuckerman Mind Brain Behavior Institute at Columbia University
On May 5th, the Mortimer B. Zuckerman Mind Brain Behavior Institute at Columbia University will host the SNF Brain Insight Lecture “How Mind and Brain Enable Self-Control: The Marshmallow Test and Beyond” by Dr. Walter Mischel.
- 02 May 2015 / Mount Sinai Queens promotes its Capital Expansion Campaign
On May 1st, Mount Sinai Queens introduced the Capital Expansion Campaign for the new and expanded facilities of the hospital in Astoria, Queens to potential donors and leaders of the local community. The Stavros Niarchos Foundation was an early supporter of the expansion, with a grant for the new Emergency Department.
- 29 April 2015 / AHEPA awards Stavros Niarchos Foundation with 2015 Archbishop Iakovos Humanitarian Award
On April 29th, AHEPA awarded the Stavros Niarchos Foundation with the 2015 Archbishop Iakovos Humanitarian Award for its dedication to philanthropy, charity, preservation of Hellenism and appreciation of the immigrant experience in America and the American dream.
- 27 April 2015 / Inauguration of the new facilities at the Center “Children of Spring”
Sunday, April 26th 2015, marked the inauguration of the new facilities of the Day Center for People with Special Needs “Children of Spring” in Alexandria Imathias.
- 23 April 2015 / The Mobile Medical Units Visit Tilos
On April 23rd, the Mobile Medical Units will visit the island of Tilos to provide extensive medical services, free of charge, to the residents of the island, where they will stay until April 26th. This is the eleventh mission of the Units, following visits in Kastelorizo, Amorgos, Kasos , Astypalaia, Psarra, Fournoi, Patmos, Folegandros, Lipsi and Nisyros.
- 21 April 2015 / Fifteenth Annual Stavros Niarchos Foundation Lecture at the Peterson Institute
On April 20, the Peterson Institute hosted the Fifteenth Annual Stavros Niarchos Foundation Lecture which was delivered by Agustín Carstens, Governor of the Bank of Mexico.
- 21 April 2015 / ‘Naftika Chronika’ honors the SNF with the ‘Efkranti’ award
The ‘Efkranti’ award ceremony took place on Monday, April 20th 2015, at the Aikaterini Laskaridis Foundation. The awards are organized by Naftika Chronika magazine, in collaboration with the Hellenic Association of Maritime Economists.
- 21 April 2015 / Food Bank For New York City 13th Annual Can Do Awards Dinner
On April 21, Food Bank For New York City is honoring its partners in the fight against hunger — Tom Colicchio and Lori Silverbush, Stavros Niarchos Foundation and Sandra Lee-Simply Living Publishing — at the 13th Annual Can Do Awards Dinner. Mario Batali and Susan Cahn, long-time Food Bank supporters and the 2013 Can Do Award honorees, will serve as this year’s Honorary Chairs.