- 17 November 2015 / Queens Library will host a screening of the SNF documentary “Out Here”
“Out Here,” a documentary that highlights the positive impact of all the different programs that were implemented as part of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation’s $130 million (€100 million) Initiative Against the Greek Crisis, will be screened at the Queens Public Library on November 19.
- 16 November 2015 / Inauguration event for the Center of Late Antique and Byzantine Studies at Koç University, with the SNF support
On Friday, November 13th, the inauguration event for the Center of Late Antique and Byzantine Studies at Koç University took place in Istanbul.
- 13 November 2015 / The Mobile Medical Units travel to Agios Efstratios
On November 14th, the Mobile Medical Units will visit the island of Agios Efstratios to provide extensive medical services, free of charge, to its permanent residents.
- 11 November 2015 / The 2015 Tällberg Foundation Global Leadership Prize award
The Tällberg Foundation announced today the winners of its Global Leadership Prize for 2015: Jamila Afghani from Afghanistan and Martín von Hildebrand from Colombia.
- 06 November 2015 / In February 2016 the SNFCC Visitors Center moves to its permanent location
In February 2016, the Visitors Center (VC) will relocate from the temporary building on the Esplanade where it currently operates, to the building that will permanently house the information point for the visitors, in the northeastern part of the Stavros Niarchos Park.
- 03 November 2015 / New York-Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children’s Hospital honors SNF
On Monday, November 2, the NewYork-Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children’s Hospital honored the SNF during its 3rd annual Birthday Bash.
- 03 November 2015 / D Magazine of the Italian La Repubblica hosts an extensive article on the SNFCC
The Italian weekly magazine D of La Repubblica hosts an extensive feature on the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC).
- 03 November 2015 / SNF Brain Insight Lecture at The Mortimer B. Zuckerman Mind Brain Behavior Institute at Columbia University by Dr. Richard Axel
On November 4th, the Mortimer B. Zuckerman Mind Brain Behavior Institute at Columbia University will be hosting an SNF Brain Insight Lecture. The lecture’s topic is “Scents and Sensibility: Representations of the Olfactory World in the Brain” and the speaker is Nobel Laureate Dr. Richard Axel.
- 29 October 2015 / 5th Annual Washington OXI Day Celebration
On October 28th, the Washington Oxi Day Foundation celebrated the 75th Anniversary of Oxi Day in Washington, DC.