- On Tuesday, March 21st, the Press conference for the international philanthropic race No Finish Line took place, which will run for the first time in Athens, between April 26th-30th. The race is supported by the SNF and will be held at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC).
- On Saturday, March 18th, the Fédération Monégasque de Rugby hosted its seventh Challenge Sainte Devote sport event in Monaco, for which the Stavros Niarchos Foundation is a lead supporter.
- On Monday, March 20th, Theater of War presented an evening of dramatic readings of Sophocles' ancient Greek plays, Ajax and Philoctetes. Actors Reg E. Cathey, Frances McDormand, David Strathairn, Kathryn Erbe performed.
20 MARCH 2017The Coronary Unit of the General Hospital of Thessaloniki “George Papanikolaou” was renovated with the support of the SNFOn Thursday March 16th, the renovated Coronary Unit of the General Hospital of Thessaloniki was inaugurated. The renovation was made possible through a grant from the SNF.
- From March 9th to March 11th, SNF Grantee University of Nice Sophia Antipolis hosted the International Conference “Ugo Foscolo: Between Italy and Greece” in Nice, France, and Ventimiglia, Italy, supported by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation.
15 MARCH 2017Announcement by the SNFCC AE: Close Collaboration between the SNFCC and the Stavros Niarchos FoundationFollowing the appointment of the new Board of Directors (BoD) of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC), a video conference was organized on March 9, 2017 between the Board of Directors of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) and the BoD of the SNFCC.
- On Monday, March 13th, the book presentation of Ambassador Vassilis Kaskarelis “The Perfect Storm. NATO after September 11th” took place in presence of H.E. the President of the Hellenic Republic, Mr. Prokopios Pavlopoulos.
- Continuing the efforts that began a few years back, in what has become by now a tradition, the SNF will present at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) a full week of open events (18-25 June), free and accessible to all, offering visitors a multifaceted program which transforms the public space into a platform of exploration, experimentation, and expression through the offerings of culture, education and sports.
- On Wednesday March 8th 2017 the inauguration of the renovated playground on the island of Lipsi took place. The renovation was made possible with an SNF grant, and this constitutes the only playground area on the island.