- 23 JANUARY 2012 / Extraordinary times demand extraordinary actions: The Stavros Niarchos Foundation commits $130 million to help ease the adverse effects of the current crisis in Greece
The Board of Directors of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation, concerned with the socio-economic crisis in Greece, has committed up to $130 million (€100 million) over the next three years to help ease the adverse effects of the deepening crisis.
- 15 JANUARY 2012 / The weekly Proto Thema features Andreas Dracopoulos, Co-President of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation, in the column “International Greeks”
Presentation of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation’s Co-President, Andreas Dracopoulos, and of the SNF’s grantmaking activities in the column titled “International Greeks” featured in the weekly newspaper Proto Thema.
- 22 DECEMBER 2011 / 2011 Soccer Tournament Ethos Cup Mimis Papaioannou
The Children’ Soccer Training Program is organizing the annual Soccer Tournament Ethos Cup Mimis Papaioanou, from December 27th to 30th in the Municipality of Ilion, with the participation of 180 young athletes, ages 15 to 17
- 19 DECEMBER 2011 / Excavation works begin at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center
Five years after the Stavros Niarchos Foundation announced its intention to fund the development of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC), and two years after the ratification of the contract by the Greek Parliament, the beginning of the construction phase of the project becomes a reality, in accordance with the initial timetable.
- 03 DECEMBER 2011 / National Herald: A Stavros Niarchos Foundation initiative to fight poverty
An extensive article in the English edition of the National Herald on the Stavros Niarchos Foundation’s new initiative to provide support towards the efforts to address homelessness and hunger in Greece.
- 29 NOVEMBER 2011 / A new initiative by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation aims to help ease effects of the growing socio-economic crisis in Greece
The Board of Directors of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation, recognizing the consequences of the extended financial crisis keenly felt across all strata of Greek society, has approved a series of grants addressing the country’s mounting social needs. Supported by an initial budget of €1,500,000 ($1,995,600), the grants will sponsor a series of pilot programs in three areas: provision of Social Housing services to prevent homelessness, operation of Day Centers to support the homeless, and distribution of Food Aid.
- 29 NOVEMBER 2011 / To Vima: Public and Municipal Libraries get an upgrade
An extensive article in the electronic daily, To Vima, on the plans to upgrade a large number of municipal and public libraries throughout Greece.
- 08 NOVEMBER 2011 / The exhibition Panagiotis Tetsis: Painting Today opens on Thursday, 10 November
The exhibition Panagiotis Tetsis: Painting Today opens on Thursday, 10 November at the New Exhibition Space, the new wing of the Athens Concert Hall.
- 02 NOVEMBER 2011 / One-day lecture series entitled “A la recherche des racines d’Alexandre le Grand” at the Goethe Institute in Paris
A one-day lecture series entitled “A la recherche des racines d’Alexandre le Grand”, organized by the Centre Culturel Hellenique, will take place on Friday, 4th November at the Goethe Institute in Paris.