- The first four new linear accelerators (linacs), funded exclusively by the SNF, have been installed at the University General Hospital of Heraklion, the Theageneio Anticancer Hospital of Thessaloniki, the University General Hospital of Patra and more recently at the General Hospital of Larissa, as part of the SNF’s Radiotherapy Program.
- On Friday, May 12th, the SNF was awarded by the University Hospital of Larissa, the Hellenic Anticancer Society of Larissa and the Scientific Community of Radiation Technologists for its contribution to support cancer treatment in Greece. The Foundation’s program includes the replacement of obsolete linear accelerators in public hospitals around the country, with ten new, state-of-the-art and high precision linear accelerators.
15 MAY 2017“Stavros Niarchos Foundation” Scholarship Program at Deree - The American College of Greece, with the SNF supportFor the third consecutive academic year, the “Stavros Niarchos Foundation” Scholarship Program implemented from Deree – The American College of Greece through a grant by the SNF, offers the opportunity to talented students, already enrolled in Greek public universities, to attend courses at Deree, whilst continuing to pursue a public university degree.
- Almost two years after the launch of the project for the cataloguing and digitization of the scientific collection of Emmanouil Kriaras, a distinguished Greek philologist and lexicographer, the digital platform hosting Kriaras’ entire book collection has finally been completed.
- On Thursday, May 11th, the Fire Department of the City of New York (FDNY) Foundation hosted its annual dinner in support and celebration of New York’s Bravest.
11 MAY 2017Stavros Niarchos Foundation Research Training Program in Clinical & Experimental MedicineThe World Hellenic Biomedical Association – WHBA has announced a new training program for top graduates from medical departments of Greek universities, entitled the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Research Training Program in Clinical & Experimental Medicine (RTP-CEM).
- This June, the Summer Nostos Festival (SNFestival) proposes a homecoming (nostos), a collective “return” to all those things and ideas that the arrival of summer means for each one of us, with an entire week of free events for all, that will take place between June 18 and June 25, 2017.
- On Wednesday, May 10, the American School of Classical Studies at Athens (ASCSA), a SNF grantee, held their annual spring gala in New York City.
- Travel + Leisure has mentioned the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center as part of a story on an artistic revitalization evident in the city of Athens.