- 28 March 2014 / SNF to Participate in Seminar Organized by Carnegie UK Trust in Collaboration with OECD
On March 31st, the SNF will participate in a multi-stakeholder one day seminar organized by Carnegie UK Trust in collaboration with the OECD in Paris.
- 27 March 2014 / Musical storytelling of three fairytales for adults, in two voices at the Visitors Center on April 5th
The monthly themed series entitled “Action Radius – Points of Contact” taking place at the Visitors Center of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC), is inaugurated with the event entitled “On the path of magical fairytales: Three Greek magical fairytales (and one more) in two voices”, narrated by Lilly Lambrelli with vocals and vocal improvisations by Elli Arvaniti, which will take place on Saturday, April 5th.
- 26 March 2014 / Exhibition on “No Country for Young Men: Contemporary Greek Art in Times of Crisis” inaugurated at Palais Des Beaux-Arts
The exhibition “No Country for Young Men: Contemporary Greek Art in Times of Crisis” opens to the public on March 27th at the Palais des Beaux-Arts (BOZAR Centre for Fine Arts), in Brussels with the support of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation.
- 19 March 2014 / SNF Launches Two Initiatives in Partnership with The Mortimer B. Zuckerman Mind Brain Behavior Institute at Columbia University
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation announced today the beginning of two initiatives, in partnership with The Mortimer B. Zuckerman Mind Brain Behavior Institute at Columbia University, to enhance understanding of the biology of the mind and the complexity of human behavior.
- 19 March 2014 / The “Journey to the SNFCC”continues in the Municipalities of Metamorfosi and Alimos with two “Opera in a Suitcase” performances
The “Journey to the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center” continues and visits additional municipalities in the wider region of Attica.
- 18 March 2014 / Reception at Greek Embassy in Washington D.C. to introduce the new Center for Talented Youth in Greece
On March 18th, 2014 Anatolia College and Johns Hopkins Center for Talented Youth (CTY) held a reception at the Greek Embassy in Washington D.C. to introduce the new Center for Talented Youth Greece at Anatolia College to the local community.
- 17 March 2014 / The Mobile Medical Units Visit Amorgos
Following the successful first mission of the two Mobile Medical Units to Kastelorizo, on January 17-20, the Mobile Units completed their second trip, this time to Amorgos, where they offered free access to comprehensive healthcare services to all of the island’s residents.
- 13 March 2014 / The SNF supports the earthquake stricken Kefalonia, with a grant amounting to €1.3 million towards the Nursing Home – Lixouri Charity Foundation
Following the devastating earthquake that hit Kefalonia during the two previous months, and having as its primary objective the support of the island’s inhabitants, the Board of Directors of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (www.SNF.org) approved an emergency grant amounting to €1.3 million, towards the Nursing Home for the Elderly – Lixouri Charitable Foundation (www.girokomeio-lixouriou.gr). This donation by the Foundation is the single largest grant for emergency relief to respond to a natural disaster that the Foundation has ever provided worldwide.
- 12 March 2014 / The Guardian Presents: “How the ancient Greeks shaped modern mathematics”
The Guardian hosts a video animation produced by the grantee Royal Institution (Ri), with the SNF’s support, on how Ancient Greek revolutionary thinkers changed the way we see mathematics, as not merely a way of performing calculations, but a way of understanding and testing the reality of the world around us. Ancient thinking is still helping engineers, scientists, economists, architects gain a better understanding of our world.