- 14 April 2014 / Kathimerini: “The Dream takes Flesh and Bones”
Kathimerini reports on the progress of the SNFCC construction works in an article entitled “The Dream takes Flesh and Bones”.
- 10 April 2014 / The Mobile Medical Units Visit Kasos
The Mobile Medical Units are visiting the island of Kasos. As was the case with the visits to Kastelorizo and Amorgos, the Mobile Medical Units will offer the residents of Kasos free access to comprehensive health care services. The Units will be in Kasos from Wednesday April 9th till Sunday April 13th.
- 03 April 2014 / University of Pennsylvania Scholarship Celebration in New York
On April 2nd, 2014 the University of Pennsylvania hosted a Scholarship Celebration in New York, bringing together the donors of undergraduate student scholarships with the extraordinary student recipients that those scholarships support. At the event, SNF staff members met with the student recipient of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation World Scholar Scholarship Fund, which was established by the Foundation to support students from Africa and other parts of the world.
- 02 April 2014 / "Renzo Piano Building Workshop – Piece by Piece” Exhibition Guide
The exhibition "Renzo Piano Building Workshop – Piece by Piece” opened in Padua on March 15th at the Palazzo della Ragione, as part of the International Biennial Architecture, showcasing models of architectural projects spanning more than thirty years by the Renzo Piano Building Workshop. The exhibition first took place in the Gagosian Gallery in New York, where it was solely funded by the SNF.
- 01 April 2014 / The “Journey to the SNFCC”continues in the municipalities of Lykovrisi-Pefki, Kropia and Peristeri
The “Journey to the SNFCC” continues in various municipalities across Attica, through the open participation of the public in cultural and educational events carried out as part of the program. The main purpose of the program is to give citizens the opportunity to familiarize themselves with the SNFCC and its philosophy, as well as to create a fresh approach through which the country’s citizens may engage with the project that aims to contribute in the enhancement of their everyday lives.
- 31 March 2014 / The First “Concert in a Pocket” at the VC
On March 29th the first of the “Opera in a Pocket” series of concerts took place at the SNFCC Visitors Center by the Greek National Opera.
- 28 March 2014 / SNF to Participate in Seminar Organized by Carnegie UK Trust in Collaboration with OECD
On March 31st, the SNF will participate in a multi-stakeholder one day seminar organized by Carnegie UK Trust in collaboration with the OECD in Paris.
- 27 March 2014 / Musical storytelling of three fairytales for adults, in two voices at the Visitors Center on April 5th
The monthly themed series entitled “Action Radius – Points of Contact” taking place at the Visitors Center of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC), is inaugurated with the event entitled “On the path of magical fairytales: Three Greek magical fairytales (and one more) in two voices”, narrated by Lilly Lambrelli with vocals and vocal improvisations by Elli Arvaniti, which will take place on Saturday, April 5th.
- 26 March 2014 / Exhibition on “No Country for Young Men: Contemporary Greek Art in Times of Crisis” inaugurated at Palais Des Beaux-Arts
The exhibition “No Country for Young Men: Contemporary Greek Art in Times of Crisis” opens to the public on March 27th at the Palais des Beaux-Arts (BOZAR Centre for Fine Arts), in Brussels with the support of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation.