- 03 March 2015 / Free entrance at the Benaki Museum every Thursday
The SNF has renewed its support to the Benaki Museum through a grant which among others offers free admission to all visitors once a week. The program commences on Thursday March5th, and will last for one year. The grant, which runs for a second time, partially covers the operating expenses of the Museum.
- 02 March 2015 / Vima Science on the SNFCC
Vima Science hosts an extensive article on the construction of the SNFCC focusing on the various technological innovations which have been adopted during the project’s design and implementation.
- 24 February 2015 / SNF Releases Deloitte Report on Impact of Three-Year $130 Million (€100 Million) Initiative Against the Greek Crisis
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation today announced the results of Deloitte’s analysis of the Initiative Against the Greek Crisis, a three-year, $130 million (€100 million) grant program funded by the Foundation, announced in early 2012, in order to help alleviate the adverse effects of the socioeconomic crisis in Greece. The report analyzed the grants made through the Initiative and assessed their overall impact on society at large.
- 23 February 2015 / The Mobile Medical Units Visit Lipsi
On February 28th , the Mobile Medical Units will visit the island of Lipsi to provide extensive medical services, free of charge, to the residents of the island, where they will remain until March 1st.
- 20 February 2015 / SNF Brain Insight Lecture at The Mortimer B. Zuckerman Mind Brain Behavior Institute at Columbia University
On March 3rd, the SNF Brain Insight Lecture “In Darwin's Footsteps: Witnessing the Origin of a New Species in the Galapagos” will take place at the Mortimer B. Zuckerman Mind Brain Behavior Institute at Columbia University.
- 16 February 2015 / The SNF supports the Music Schools of Greece
The educational benefits of musical learning and the integration of musical art into school programs are well established and recognized internationally. In Greece Music Schools cultivate and promote musical education and train students within a specialized educational framework that recognizes and promotes the talent and music inclination of students.
- 12 February 2015 / Hellenic Sports Club For Physically Disabled People Honors the SNF
On February 8th the grantee organization Hellenic Sports Club For Physically Disabled People (PASKA) honored the SNF for its contribution with an award during an awareness raising event organized in collaboration with the Municipality of Athens’ Organization of Culture, Sports and Youth.
- 12 February 2015 / The Association of Naval Parents of Children with Special Needs ”ARGO” Honors SNF
On 9th February the Association of Naval Parents of Children with Special Needs ”ARGO” presented the SNF with an award for its important support on multiple occasions.
- 06 February 2015 / Paul Gauguin exhibition at the Fondation Beyeler, Riehen/Basel (Switzerland)
As one of the great European cultural highlights in the year 2015, the Paul Gauguin exhibition at the Fondation Beyeler brings together some fifty masterpieces by Gauguin from leading international museums and private collections.