- 01 June 2015 / Child Mind Institute’s Healthy Brain Network receives $1 Million Grant from the SNF
The Child Mind Institute received a $1 million grant from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation for the Healthy Brain Network (HBN), a groundbreaking initiative which intends to revolutionize child and adolescent psychiatry by providing the scientific community with an open source, unprecedentedly rich, large-scale dataset, while improving access to mental health resources in New York City and beyond. The grant will be used to fund the HBN Research Vehicle which is the cornerstone of the initiative’s community-based model.
- 22 May 2015 / Gala for The National Herald’s 100th Year Anniversary where Andreas Dracopoulos, Co-President of the SNF was honored
On May 22, The National Herald celebrated its one hundred year anniversary with a gala at the New York Public Library in New York City. Over 400 distinguished guests from the United States, Greece, and Cyprus attended, and Stavros Niarchos Foundation co-President Mr. Andreas Dracopoulos was honored.
- 20 May 2015 / Stavros Niarchos Foundation and Charles H. Revson Foundation Present 2nd Annual NYC Neighborhood Library Awards
On May 20, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation and the Charles H. Revson Foundation presented the 2nd annual NYC Neighborhood Library Awards.
- 19 May 2015 / Spring 2015 visit to Laos
From a recent visit to the Orphanage School of Luang Prabang , northern Laos . The Foundation is involved in a few projects in Lao related to health issues, education and the arts.
- 19 May 2015 / SNF announces $1,000,000 Grant in support of ArtPlace America
The SNF approved a $1,000,000 grant to support ArtPlace America’s national work in the field of creative placemaking. The $1,000,000 grant distributed over two years will support ArtPlace America’s four program areas:
- 15 May 2015 / The Mobile Medical Units Visit Serifos
On May 16th, the Mobile Medical Units will visit the island of Serifos to provide extensive medical services, free of charge, to the residents of the island, where they will stay until May 18th. This is the twelfth mission of the Units, following visits in Kastelorizo, Amorgos, Kasos , Astypalaia, Psarra, Fournoi, Patmos, Folegandros, Lipsi ,Nisyros, and Tilos.
- 12 May 2015 / The SNF announces its New Cycle of Grants
The Board of Directors of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation approved 67 new grants, totaling €11.3 million, during its April 2015 bi-annual meeting. The new grants cover the Foundation’s four main programmatic areas (Arts & Culture, Education, Health & Sports and Social Welfare) and provide support to international and Greek non-profit organizations.
- 07 May 2015 / Visit of the Minister of Culture, Education and Religion at the SNFCC
On Wednesday, May 6th, the Minister of Culture, Education and Religion, Mr. Aristides Baltas, visited the construction site of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center. Mr. Baltas, who was accompanied by the General Secretary, Mr. Dimitris Hasapis, was given a tour of the site and was informed by the progress of the construction works by representatives of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation and the SNFCC.
- 06 May 2015 / The SNF offers emergency relief support to Nepal, in the aftermath of the catastrophic earthquake
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation has announced a total grant of $500,000 to Oxfam GB, and the International Federation of Red Cross, to assist international relief efforts aiming to provide critical support to the people of Nepal, who are suffering from the recent massive earthquake.