- From March 9th to March 11th, SNF Grantee University of Nice Sophia Antipolis hosted the International Conference “Ugo Foscolo: Between Italy and Greece” in Nice, France, and Ventimiglia, Italy, supported by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation.
15 MARCH 2017Announcement by the SNFCC AE: Close Collaboration between the SNFCC and the Stavros Niarchos FoundationFollowing the appointment of the new Board of Directors (BoD) of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC), a video conference was organized on March 9, 2017 between the Board of Directors of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) and the BoD of the SNFCC.
- On Monday, March 13th, the book presentation of Ambassador Vassilis Kaskarelis “The Perfect Storm. NATO after September 11th” took place in presence of H.E. the President of the Hellenic Republic, Mr. Prokopios Pavlopoulos.
- Continuing the efforts that began a few years back, in what has become by now a tradition, the SNF will present at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) a full week of open events (18-25 June), free and accessible to all, offering visitors a multifaceted program which transforms the public space into a platform of exploration, experimentation, and expression through the offerings of culture, education and sports.
- On Wednesday March 8th 2017 the inauguration of the renovated playground on the island of Lipsi took place. The renovation was made possible with an SNF grant, and this constitutes the only playground area on the island.
08 MARCH 2017Opening of the exhibition “The Berlin Painter and His World: Athenian Vase-Painting in the Early Fifth Century B.C.”On Saturday, March 4th, the exhibition “The Berlin Painter and his World Exhibition: Athenian Vase-Painting in the Early Fifth Century B.C.” was inaugurated at the Princeton University. The exhibition is made possible through an SNF grant.
- It is always a true pleasure and source of great pride that we see our partners work together, exchange experience and best practice, and share common vision and goals.
- On Saturday, March 4th, 2017 the inauguration of the new Sensory Environment at the Foundation “White Butterflies” took place. The Sensory environment was created with an exclusive grant from the SNF.
- On Wednesday, March 1, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation, co-supported a screening of the Academy Award Nominated Short Subject Documentary, 4.1 Miles, at the United Nations Headquarters in New York City.