- 12 May 2014 / “North and South Korea: What’s Next?” panel discussion as part of the SNF funded CSIS-Schieffer Series Dialogues
On May 13, the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) will be hosting a panel on “North and South Korea: What’s Next?”, as part of the SNF funded CSIS-Schieffer Series Dialogues. The Schieffer Series is a major public event series hosted by CBS News chief Washington correspondent and host of the “Face the Nation” news hour, Bob Schieffer. Through the Schieffer Series, CSIS informs the general public about timely issues of international importance, by bringing together its experts with key players in government and media for engaging discussion in front of a live audience.
- 09 May 2014 / A high school student shares his thoughts on the SNFCC
Kimonas is a high school student at the Musical High School of Pallini. During a school visit, Kimonas along with his classmates visited the Visitors Center of the SNFCC, where they received information on the SNFCC, the progress of its construction as well as the type of services it will offer to visitors and especially youth. When he got home that day, Kimonas was kind enough to send us a message sharing with us his thoughts on the visit, the SNFCC and the future. We would like to thank Kimonas for allowing us to post his letter.
- 08 May 2014 / The Brooklyn Botanic Garden will be honored with the National Medal for Museum and Library Service
Τhe grantee organization Brooklyn Botanic Garden will be honored with the National Medal for Museum and Library Service, the US’s highest award for museums and libraries, during a ceremony taking place at the White House.
- 08 May 2014 / Athens Voice Presents the SNFCC
Free Press Athens Voice spoke with Elly Andriopoulou and Yiannis Trohopoulos on what exactly is happening at the site of the former horse track.
- 07 May 2014 / Inauguration of the Intensive Care Unit at the Neonatal Department of the University Hospital of Ioannina
Τhe renovated Intensive Care Unit at the Neonatal Department of the University Hospital of Ioannina was inaugurated today. The Stavros Niarchos Foundation supported the purchase of specialized equipment for the Neonatal Department. The grant was part of the Pediatric - Neonatal Intensive Care Units’ Renovation Program.
- 06 May 2014 / Ιnauguration of the new Day Care Center for the Homeless in Thessaloniki
On May 8th, the inauguration of the new Day Care Center for the Homeless in Thessaloniki will take place.
- 02 May 2014 / Yale University recognizes SNF’s grant to Yale School of Art
Yale University recognized the Stavros Niarchos Foundation’s recent grant to the Yale School of Art, as well as the Foundation’s significant overall commitment to the University over the years, during a ceremony held on May 1st.
- 02 May 2014 / Foreign Ambassadors Visit the SNFCC
SNF and SNFCC staff welcomed foreign ambassadors to Greece who responded to the SNFCC’s invitation for a tour of the SNFCC construction site.
- 30 April 2014 / Fourteenth Annual Stavros Niarchos Foundation Lecture at the Peterson Institute for International Economics
The Fourteenth Annual Stavros Niarchos Foundation Lecture at the Peterson Institute for International Economics took place yesterday, April 29, in Washington.