- 13 October 2014 / Lecture by Nobel laureate Eric R. Kandel as part of SNF Brain Insight Lecture Series
On October 7th, the grantee Mortimer B. Zuckerman Mind Brain Behavior Institute at Columbia University presented a free public lecture by Nobel laureate Eric R. Kandel, MD, on “The Biology of Memory and Age-Related Memory Disorders.”
- 09 October 2014 / Inauguration of Renovated Cardiothoracic Surgery Department of the General Hospital “G. Papanikolaou”
On October 8th, the inauguration of the renovated Cardiothoracic Surgery Department of the General Hospital of Thessaloniki “G. Papanikolaou” took place, the renovation works of which were supported by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation.
- 07 October 2014 / SNF honored by EBEN GR
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation was honored today for its philanthropic work by EBEN GR (EUROPEAN BUSINESS ETHICS NETWORK). The Minister of Environment, Yiannis Maniatis, presented the SNF with the award.
- 06 October 2014 / The SNFCC Visitors Center announces the new programming which will take place at the Visitors Center until the end of the year
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) Visitors Centre has completed a year of successful operation. From October 2013 to the present day, it has welcomed a total of 23,347 people of all ages, of which 3,104 were students from schools in Attica. During the same period, a total of 1,796 people had the opportunity to tour the SNFCC construction site and learn first hand about the progress of the project and its future operation.
- 04 October 2014 / No Finish Line 15th Anniversary
On October 2nd, the SNF grantee Children and Future organized an event to celebrate the 15th Anniversary of the No Finish Line philanthropic event.
- 03 October 2014 / Grants Supporting the NLG and GNO
While the construction of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center proceeds according to the original timeframe, provisions are also being made to ensure the Center’s smooth future operation. Part of the preparations include monthly meetings attended by SNF and SNFCC representatives, representatives of the Greek National Opera and the National Library of Greece as well as representatives from the relevant ministries and the Office of the Prime Minister.
- 03 October 2014 / Caravan Project - “Another World is Here”
Caravan Project, with the SNF’s exclusive support, presents the project “Another World is Here”, a journey to the remote parts of Greece with the goal to reveal a “different” and inspiring Greece.
- 29 September 2014 / The sixth mission of the Mobile Medical Units to Fournoi was completed successfully
Τhe two state-of-the-art Mobile Medical Units have successfully completed their sixth mission, this time in Fournoi. Following the successful missions to the islands of Kastellorizo, Amorgos, Kasos and Astypalaia, the Mobile Medical Units gave access to the island’s residents to free comprehensive medical care and support. The mission was part of the five-year National Primary Healthcare Education and Promotion Program in island and border regions of Greece, which is supported exclusively by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation.
- 24 September 2014 / SNFCC Photography Exhibition at the French Institute
On Tuesday September 23rd, the photography exhibition “Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center: View from the Cranes” of photographer Yiorgis Yerolymbos opened to the public at the French Institute of Greece, as part of the Athens International Film Festival. The exhibition, which examines top view images from the SNFCC construction site, will last until October 18th.