- 18 July 2020 / SNF Continues Pandemic Relief Efforts with New Grants Totaling over $2.75 Million
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) has announced a new round of grants in its $100 million global relief initiative to help alleviate the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic. This third round brings the total allocated to $61.5 million and places particular emphasis on supporting expert organizations working collaboratively to address challenges tied to the pandemic’s socioeconomic impact.
- 18 July 2020 / The National Herald Launches Archive Chronicling a Century of Greek-American Life
Since 1915, The National Herald has both captured and been a part of the rich and varied life of Greek-American communities.
- 17 July 2020 / Mitt Romney on U.S.-China Competition at the CSIS Schieffer Series
As some commentators see China and the United States sliding into a new cold war, U.S. Senator Mitt Romney joins a discussion hosted by the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) on “U.S.-China Relations and Great Power Competition.”
- 17 July 2020 / Music and Murals Come to the Village of Vamvakou
In a traditional Greek mountain village in the Peloponnese, you’d expect to find a town square with a “kafeneio” and a tavern—but probably not also a rich trove of public contemporary art.
- 16 July 2020 / FDNY Foundation Receives Grant from the SNF to Provide Protective Equipment for First Responders
New support for essential PPE builds on previous SNF grants to strengthen Fire Department’s ability to keep the public safe.
- 16 July 2020 / Showcasing Sparta’s Rich Archaeological Heritage to Bring New Vitality to the City
On Monday, July 6, 2020, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) and the Greek state signed agreements for a $5.097.000 grant to expand and comprehensively upgrade the Archaeological Museum of Sparta and a $347.665 grant to showcase the mosaics at the so-called “House of Europa.”
- 13 July 2020 / SNFCC was Awarded 1st Prize in the “Mobility Actions” Category for its Participation in European Mobility Week 2019
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) was awarded by the Hellenic Ministry of Environment and Energy the 1st prize in the “Mobility Actions” category, as part of recognizing sustainable mobility actions that participated in last year’s European Mobility Week.
- 10 July 2020 / Young people meet Trophy Challenge of agri-food innovation
In Greece, fewer than 10% of people running farms are under 40 years old. But the young participants of the “Trophy Challenge” have interesting, innovative ideas for evolving and developing the country’s agri-food sector.
- 08 July 2020 / Young Greek Artists Selected for Third SNF ARTWORKS Fellowship
It’s what all emerging artists hope for: a stretch of time to dedicate themselves, without constraint, to their artistic practice.