- 09 March 2021 / SNF Reactivates Support of Sailing Program for People with Disabilities through a Direct Grant to Six Local Sailing Clubs in Greece, Following the Cancellation of Its Grant to the Hellenic Sailing Federation
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) reactivates support of sailing for people with disabilities through a direct grant to six renowned nautical and sailing clubs throughout Greece in order to ensure that the sailing program continues uninterrupted.
- 09 March 2021 / Inspiring Future Women in Science with the Perimeter Institute
Watch a live Q&A on Inspiring Future Women in Science featuring Asimina Arvanitaki, Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) Aristarchus Chair in Theoretical Physics at the Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics.
- 09 March 2021 / Spotlight on 25 Years of Grantmaking: Notes from SNF Senior Technical Grants Officer George Michalakopoulos
- 09 March 2021 / Digital Exhibit Explores the Lasting Legacy of an Ancient Researcher and Physician to Emperors
Every area of contemporary medicine, a new exhibit argues, has felt the influence of one ancient Greek physician: Galen.
- 09 March 2021 / The Village of Vamvakou Featured on “Street Art”
The travel documentary series, “Street Art,” (Η Τέχνη του Δρόμου), which presents Greek cities and islands through the eyes of street artist Same84, visited Sparta and the wider region of Laconia.
- 03 March 2021 / SNF Seeks to Strengthen EKAV Air Ambulance Services with $11.7 Million for Two New Helicopters
Today, Wednesday, March 3, 2021, two Augusta Westland 109 Trekker helicopters landed in Greece, thanks to a grant from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) that aims to strengthen the capabilities and efficiency of the National Center for Emergency Care’s (EKAV) air ambulance services.
- 02 March 2021 / New Round of Pandemic Relief from SNF Continues Wide-Ranging Aid
- 02 March 2021 / The Latest from UCLA’s SNF Center for the Study of Hellenic Culture
Learn about partnerships the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) Center for the Study of Hellenic Culture at UCLA has formed with the SNF Centre for Hellenic Studies at Simon Fraser University and the Benaki Museum in Athens.
- 01 March 2021 / Update: Work to Add 175 New ICU and High-Dependency Beds in 15 Hospitals across Greece through an SNF Grant is Fully Underway
The article below was originally posted on November 25, 2020. It has since been updated with new information on the progress of renovation works: