- 24 April 2014 / The SNFCC Visitors Center marks the sixth month of its operation and launches the new program “Scope of Activities – Meeting Points”
The Visitors Center of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center opened its doors in October 2013. Since then, the VC has welcomed hundreds of visitors daily, providing information on the construction progress at the site, and the history, the structure and the role of the SNFCC, as well as on its future programs for the public and visitors, when it will officially begin its operation in 2016.
- 22 April 2014 / A substantial grant by the SNF to the National Museum of Contemporary Art
The Board of Directors of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation has approved a €3 million grant to the National Museum of Contemporary Art (EMST), for the immediate completion of the substantial reconstruction works at the Museum’s building, the former Fix Brewery.
- 21 April 2014 / Greek surgeons at Hospital for Special Surgery
From April 23 – 26, sixteen orthopaedic surgeons from Greece are continuing their education at Hospital for Special Surgery in a seminar program which will focus on the latest advances in hip and shoulder surgery, as well as the latest techniques in sports medicine. This is the seventh such program at HSS for Greek orthopaedic surgeons supported by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation.
- 17 April 2014 / The Mobile Medical Units Visited the Island of Kasos
Following the first two successful missions to the border islands of Kastelorizo and Amorgos, the two Mobile Medical Units completed effectively their third mission to Kasos, the southernmost island of the Dodecanese.
- 15 April 2014 / Recharging the Youth Conference
On April 3rd and 4th, 2014, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation, in collaboration with the Peterson Institute for International Economics, convened an international conference in New York City, as part of its Recharging the Youth initiative. The focus of the conference was global youth unemployment and the pressing need for collective action on this issue.
- 15 April 2014 / Participants of the 2nd Travel Trade Athens Workshop Visit SNFCC
On April 15th participants of the 2nd Travel Trade Athens Workshop visited the Visitors Center of the SNFCC, where SNFCC representatives presented the project, its philosophy and the aspiration to become an educational, recreational and environmental landmark of international appeal.
- 14 April 2014 / Kathimerini: “The Dream takes Flesh and Bones”
Kathimerini reports on the progress of the SNFCC construction works in an article entitled “The Dream takes Flesh and Bones”.
- 10 April 2014 / The Mobile Medical Units Visit Kasos
The Mobile Medical Units are visiting the island of Kasos. As was the case with the visits to Kastelorizo and Amorgos, the Mobile Medical Units will offer the residents of Kasos free access to comprehensive health care services. The Units will be in Kasos from Wednesday April 9th till Sunday April 13th.
- 03 April 2014 / University of Pennsylvania Scholarship Celebration in New York
On April 2nd, 2014 the University of Pennsylvania hosted a Scholarship Celebration in New York, bringing together the donors of undergraduate student scholarships with the extraordinary student recipients that those scholarships support. At the event, SNF staff members met with the student recipient of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation World Scholar Scholarship Fund, which was established by the Foundation to support students from Africa and other parts of the world.