- 13 July 2015 / Article in The New York Times referencing the SNF’s grants to help combat the crisis in Greece
The New York Times report on the current worsening situation in Greece, referencing, among others, the SNF’s grants to the Municipalities of Athens and Thessaloniki, allocated as part of the Foundation’s Initiative Against the Greek Crisis.
- 09 July 2015 / The Co-President of the SNF, Mr. Andreas Dracopoulos, talks to “Time”
Mr. Andreas Dracopoulos, Co-President of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation’s Board of Directors, talks to “Time” about the socioeconomic crisis in Greece, underlining the need that people who can, actively contribute to dealing with the current situation.
- 08 July 2015 / The SNF Launches a New Initiative to Combat the Crisis in Greece, with Grants to the Country’s Two Largest Municipalities, as well as to Welfare & Health Care Organizations
The Foundation has approved the immediate allocation of funds exceeding €23 million, as part of its €100 million initiative, with the aim of providing, within the next year, relief against the crisis in Greece
- 25 June 2015 / The SNF Announces a Second “Initiative Against The Greek Crisis”
Within the next year, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation will allocate an additional €100 million, in order to further alleviate the adverse effects of the crisis in Greece
- 25 June 2015 / The first SNFCC RUN was completed in success
In a spirit of optimism and hope for the future, the SNFCC RUN evening race took place on Tuesday, June 23rd, 2015. The route connected the heart of Athens to the sea, as the race started at the Panathenaic Stadium and finished at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC).
- 24 June 2015 / The concept of Environmental Sustainability and its implementation in the SNFCC
The construction of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) started in the fall of 2012. In the 33 months since then, the project has progressed consistently towards its targeted completion in 2016, when the Stavros Niarchos Foundation will deliver it as a gift to the Greek State.
- 23 June 2015 / Educational Program “Chess in Schools” Presentation & Program Review
On the occasion of the completion of the two-year educational program “Chess in Schools”, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation, which supported the implementation of the program in our country, held a press conference this morning, with the two main partners which implemented the program: the Kasparov Chess Foundation Europe (www.kcfe.eu) and its founder, Mr. Garry Kasparov, and the Association of Thessaloniki Chess Players (www.skakistis.gr) and its president, Mr. Giannis Antoniadis.
- 17 June 2015 / Fireflies in the Night
On Monday, June 22, the Stavros Niarchos Park turns into an outdoor cinema, and presents the three-night video art program “Fireflies in the Night”, organized by Robert Storr, Dean of Yale School of Art, with curators Barbara London, Kalliopi Minioudaki and Francesca Pietropaolo.
- 16 June 2015 / Incarnation: Photography exhibition by Vassilis Makris
On June 21st, at 18:00, the photographic exhibition of Vassilis Makris, entitled: Incarnation opens at the Stavros Niarchos Park. Through the lens of the applied photography specialist, Vassilis Makris, the birth and evolution of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center is illustrated, featuring the principal dancers of the Greek National Opera (GNO), Maria Kousouni and Vangelis Bikos.