- 31 MARCH 2011 / National Herald article on panel discussion about Greece and the financial crisis
Article in The National Herald on a panel discussion concerning Greece and the financial crisis, with the participation of economists from Yale and Penn State University.
- 30 MARCH 2011 / The Stavros Niarchos Foundation is funding the Preliminary Master Plan for the regeneration of the Faliron Bay coastal zone
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation, in response to a grant request by the Greek State, has provided funding amounting to EURO €3 million for the carrying out of the Preliminary Master Plan intended for the regeneration of the Faliron Bay area (coastal front of Kallithea-Moshato-Paleo Faliro).
- 18 MARCH 2011 / Retrospective exhibition on Ioannis Altamuras opening at the Benaki Museum
The opening of a major retrospective exhibition on the life and work of Ioannis Altamuras will take place on the 30th of March at the Pireos Annex of the Benaki Museum. The exhibition will remain open to the public until the 22nd of May 2011.
- 15 MARCH 2011 / Laying of the foundation stone for the new Mary Rose Museum in Portsmouth (United Kingdom)
The ceremony to lay the foundation stone for the new Mary Rose Museum will take place on March 18th 2011 in the presence of HRH Prince Harry. The Stavros Niarchos Foundation supports the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Learning Center, which is part of the new Mary Rose Museum.
- 04 MARCH 2011 / The National Herald: Maria Callas exhibition
An article in The National Herald about the exhibition Maria Callas: A Woman, a Voice, a Myth at the Italian Cultural Institute in New York. The exhibition takes place in collaboration with the Consulate General of Greece in New York, with major support from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation.
- 01 MARCH 2011 / The Huffington Post: Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation’s International Leadership Award
An op-ed piece in The Huffington Post on the importance of research in eliminating pediatric AIDS, and Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation’s selection of this year’s recipient of its International Leadership Award (ILA), which was funded by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation.
- 27 FEBRUARY 2011 / The National Herald: Maria Callas exhibition
Article in The National Herald about the exhibition Maria Callas: A Woman, a Voice, a Myth at the Italian Cultural Institute in New York. The exhibition takes place in collaboration with the Consulate General of Greece in New York, with major support from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation.
- 02 FEBRUARY 2011 / An interview and an article about SNFCC in travel times magazine
An interview in the magazine travel times (www.traveltimes.gr) with Lenia Vlavianou about the SNFCC followed by an article on the history of Faliron Bay’s redevelopment plans.
- 29 JANUARY 2011 / Opening of the new library of the Hellenic Federation of Mountaineering and Climbing
The Hellenic Federation of Mountaineering and Climbing is holding an event, on Saturday, January 29th 2011, to mark the completion of the work on the interior of the Federation’s new library