04 JULY 2017The three-day music festival Schoolwave will be held for the first time at the SNFCC, with the SNF support24 school and university bands from all over Greece and many guests come together at the Great Lawn of the Stavros Niarchos Park at SNFCC for a long weekend of live performances that are open to all!
- During the past few days of very high temperatures in Athens, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC), suggested a heatwave "survival guide", inviting children and adults to discover a shelter from the heat at the Waterjets, the Canal and the Great Lawn, through several simple steps!
- Kathimerini hosts an interview with director Bryan Doerries regarding the performance of Antigone in Ferguson by the Theater of War that took place as part of the Summer Nostos Festival 2017.
30 JUNE 2017Floga - Parents Association of Children with Cancer – Inauguration of a new Hostel for adolescents and young adults, with the SNF supportOn Friday, June 30th, the organization Floga - Parents Association of Children with Cancer, with more than 30 years of essential presence and intervention within the field of medical, psychological and social care for children suffering from cancer, inaugurated its new Hostel, in the presence of His Beatitude Archbishop of Athens and All Greece, Hieronymus.
- Today, after six months of collaboration, intense and creative work, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) extends farewell to the participants of the internship program, while thanking them for their valuable help and contribution.
- The Mobile Medical Units, an initiative and exclusive grant of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), running under the scientific supervision of the Olympic Village Polyclinic, returns to Psara three years after its first visit there, to mark the completion of yet another successful mission to provide free comprehensive medical care and support to the residents of the isolated island.
28 JUNE 2017The successful completion of Summer Nostos Festival 2017 was celebrated with music, dance and a spectacular fireworks show, and by renewing its promise for next year!More than 140,000 visitors, 413 Greek and international artists, 4,500 runners, more than 75 unique events, 5 stages and multiple play areas were brought together at Summer Nostos Festival (SNFestival), between June 18-25, the summer’s great celebration with free admission for all, organized by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) in Athens, Greece.
- On Tuesday, June 27th, the art installation “Once Upon A Place” by Aman Mojadidi opened in Times Square in New York City, with lead support provided by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation.
- On Friday, June 23rd, 2017, when the Olympic Day was also celebrated worldwide as the Olympic Day, the evening race SNF RUN: Running into the Future took place for the third consecutive year, with more than 4, 500 participations.