- 26 APRIL 2011 / Opening of the exhibition Romanian Kiosk Company
The opening of the exhibition, Romanian Kiosk Company, by the first Stavros Niarchos Foundation Artist in Residence, Mircea Nicolae, took place on Monday, April 25 at the 32 Edgewood Ave Gallery at Yale University. The exhibition is supported through the Dean’s Resource Fund provided by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation.
- 20 APRIL 2011 / To Vima article on excavation project at the Ismenion hill in Thebes
Article in the online daily To Vima about the first joint Greek-American archaeological survey and excavation project at the Ismenion hill in Thebes, Greece.
- 17 APRIL 2011 / National Herald article on seminars for Greek orthopedic surgeons at the Hospital for Special Surgery
Article in The National Herald about the seminars which were organized at the Hospital for Special Surgery in Manhattan and were attended by sixteen Greek orthopedic surgeons.
- 15 APRIL 2011 / Interview of Ioannis Trohopoulos in To Vima online
The Director of the Veria Central Public Library and Head of the Future Library initiative talks to To Vima regarding this new project, supported through a grant from the Foundation.
- 13 APRIL 2011 / The Stavros Niarchos Foundation supports the “Public/Municipal Libraries in Greece Program” study
With a grant to the non profit organization Future Library (www.futurelibrary.gr), the Stavros Niarchos Foundation supports a study aimed at documenting the current state of public and municipal libraries in Greece, and the preparation of a plan and proposals for actions to improve them.
- 08 APRIL 2011 / Bucknell professors receive approval for first U.S.-Greek archaeological dig in Thebes
LEWISBURG, PΑ – Two Bucknell University professors have been selected to lead the first joint Greek-American archaeological dig in the ancient city of Thebes, Greece – the first such excavation of the historic Ismenion Hill area in nearly a century.
- 05 APRIL 2011 / The Stavros Niarchos Foundation grants $500,000 to assist Japan relief and aid operations
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) announced today that it will grant $500,000 to assist Japan relief and aid operations. The funds will be directed to the Japanese Red Cross Society (JRCS) and the Japan Society in equal grants of $250,000.
- 03 APRIL 2011 / Ioannis Trohopoulos, Director of the Veria Central Public Library, talks to The National Herald
The director of the Veria Central Public Library, Ioannis Trohopoulos, talks to The National Herald about the library, the award in 2010 from the Bill &Melinda Gates Foundation, and his collaboration with the Stavros Niarchos Foundation.
- 31 MARCH 2011 / Press coverage on the preliminary Master Plan for the redevelopment of Faliron Bay
A series of articles in the Greek press on the presentation of Renzo Piano’s preliminary Master Plan for the redevelopment of the Faliron Bay coastal front.