- 05 June 2014 / Reopening of the 18th Century decorative arts galleries at the Louvre
On June 6, the Louvre will reopen its 18th Century decorative arts galleries. This is the first time since 2005 that the public will be able to access and view the specific collection.
- 03 June 2014 / The SNF supports flood relief and recovery efforts in Serbia and Bosnia-Herzegovina
In recognition of the urgent need for emergency relief for millions of people in Serbia and Bosnia-Herzegovina, the Board of Directors of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation approved an emergency grant of €300,000, in active support of the relief and recovery efforts in response to the recent devastating floods.
- 03 June 2014 / No Finish Line Award Ceremony
On June 4, SNF grantee Children and Future organizes its annual Award Ceremony to distribute funds raised during the November No Finish Line 2013 fundraising event. The SNF is a major sponsor of the event
- 27 May 2014 / The SNF Elected Member of the EFC Governing Council
The European Foundation Centre announced its new Governing Council and Management Committee for 2014-2015 during the Annual General Assembly and Conference which took place on May 15-17 in Sarajevo
- 27 May 2014 / Τhe Mobile Medical Units will visit Astypalaia
On May 29th, the Mobile Medical Units will visit the island of Astypalaia. This is the fourth visit of the Mobile Medical Units who so far have completed visits to Kastelorizo, Amorgo and Kasos. The Mobile Units will be accompanied by a scientific team consisting of the following specialties: gynecologist, a dietician, cardiologist, dentist, orthopedist, ophthalmologist, pulmonologist and otolaryngologist.
- 26 May 2014 / The planting of the Stavros Niarchos Park has begun
On Friday, Μay 23rd at 10:07 AM the first tree of the Stavros Niarchos Park was planted. An olive tree of 3,5 meters height was planted at the Mediterranean garden of the park.
- 23 May 2014 / Symposium αddressing Violence Against Children organized by Enfance et Partage
On May 26th, the grantee organization Enfance et Partage is hosting a symposium at the French Ministry of Health to address violence against children. Health and child protection professionals will be present. Recently, several tragic cases of violence on children have hit the headlines in France and abroad.
- 22 May 2014 / The “Journey to the SNFCC” continues to additional Municipalities
The “Journey to the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center” continues in additional Municipalities across Attica, through the open participation of the public in free cultural and educational events held as part of the program of the same name.
- 20 May 2014 / 9/11 Memorial and Museum opens its doors to the public
On May 21, the 9/11 Memorial and Museum at ground zero is officially opening its doors to the public. The Stavros Niarchos Foundation is one of its founding donors.