- 20 April 2015 / Roundtable on “Advancing Global Gender Equality” as part of SNF grant to CSIS-Schieffer Series
On April 20, the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) is hosting a journalist roundtable called “Advancing Global Gender Equality” as part of the SNF grant “The CSIS-Schieffer Series Dialogues”.
- 17 April 2015 / The Philanthropy Poster Project at the Thessaloniki Concert Hall
Until May 31st, the Philanthropy Poster Project will be hosted at the Thessaloniki Concert Hall. The Philanthropy Poster Project was first presented during the 3rd Annual International SNF Conference on Philanthropy.
- 16 April 2015 / Academy Stavros Niarchos Foundation Fellowship at the Chatham House
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation supports the Academy Stavros Niarchos Foundation Fellowship at the Chatham House Academy for Leadership in International Affairs. The program is addressed to young researchers coming from Greece and the Greek diaspora.
- 15 April 2015 / SNF Honored at Queen Elizabeth II September 11th Garden Annual Gala
The Queen Elizabeth II September 11th Garden hosted its Annual Gala on April 15th. The annual event celebrates extraordinary outstanding individuals and their organizations.
- 02 April 2015 / The Mobile Medical Units Visit Nisyros
On April 3rd , the Mobile Medical Units will visit the island of Nisyros to provide extensive medical services, free of charge, to the residents of the island, where they will stay until April 6th. This is the tenth mission of the Units, following visits in Kastelorizo, Amorgos, Kasos , Astypalaia, Psarra, Fournoi, Patmos, Folegandros and Lipsi.
- 31 March 2015 / Lenia Vlavianou is the Guest Editor of this week’s Athinorama magazine
Lenia Vlavianou, Director of Public Affairs of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation, is the guest editor of Athinorama magazine, and shares her thoughts on the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center one year before its completion.
- 24 March 2015 / Inauguration of the Pears Pavilion
On March 25th, the SNF’s grantee, Coram, inaugurates the Pears Pavilion, a purpose-built home for its Post-Adoption Support service and Creative Therapy team.
- 18 March 2015 / The historic Silver Cup awarded to Spyros Louis returns to the Acropolis Museum
The Stavros Niarchos Foundationannounces that the Silver Cup awarded to Spyros Louis is returning to Athens, following its six-month stay at the Olympic Museum in Lausanne. From March 18 onwards, the historic Cup will once again be exhibited at the Acropolis Museum. The Cup will be displayed at a distinct area of the Museum where visitors will not be required to buy a ticket in order to see it, as per the Foundation’s commitment to make the Cup accessible to all.
- 16 March 2015 / Lyrical-Musical Performance “Agôn ou le duel entre Dionysos et Apollon” at the Opera of Nice and the Villa Kerylos (France)
The Opera of Nice and the Villa Kerylos, in collaboration with the association ARELAN, will present the SNF funded lyrical-musical performance “Agôn ou le duel entre Dionysos et Apollon” on March 18 and 19.