- On Monday, May 29th, at the premises of the Journalists’ Union of Athens Daily Newspapers (ESIEA), ActionAid Hellas held a Press Conference for the presentation of the organization’s new initiative in Greece against economic and social exclusion, namely the establishment of a multipurpose venue for action and change, named Epikentro. In collaboration with organizations and experienced professionals, Epikentro aspires to provide innovative educational programs, access to information, as well as particular psychosocial, counselling and legal support services.
- On the occasion of the completion of 45 years of active presence and implementation of actions for rescue and preservation of the cultural heritage and the natural environment, the Hellenic Society for the Environment and Cultural Heritage organized an event on Tuesday, May 30th to honor its supporters.
26 MAY 2017Educational Seminars for Greek Orthopaedic Surgeons at the Hospital for Special Surgery, supported by the SNFHospital for Special Surgery (HSS) has announced program details and application deadlines for the newest round of professional education programs for orthopaedic surgeons from Greece, supported by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation.
- Friday, May 26th, marks the official launch of the first Mind the Fact Festival, an innovative festival of art, culture and social solidarity.
26 MAY 2017Lecture entitled “Missing Children in Greece and Europe, actions and initiatives for the prevention and treatment of the phenomenon”On the occasion of the International Missing Children's Day, on Thursday, May 25th, the organization “Smile of the Child” held a lecture at the Zappeion Hall, entitled Missing Children in Greece and Europe, actions and initiatives for the prevention and treatment of the phenomenon”, as part of its program SAFE (Sustainable Alliance for Missing Children in Greece).
- The first tree planted in the Stavros Niarchos Park turned three years old today.
- Condé Nast Traveller India named the SNFCC among one of the top must-sees for art lovers visiting the city of Athens. The article notes “the view from the upper deck is one of the great vistas in Europe”.
- A recent article featured in Inside Philanthropy, listed the Stavros Niarchos Foundation among top funders responding to the refugee crisis. The article mentions the International Rescue Committee and Doctors Without Borders as top recipients of grants in this space, both of which are SNF grantees.
25 MAY 2017Victoria Newhouse Lecture for her book “Chaos and Culture: Renzo Piano Building Workshop and the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center”On Wednesday, May 24th, Victoria Newhouse spoke about her new book ‘Chaos and Culture: Renzo Piano Building Workshop and the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center’ at the Morgan Library & Museum in New York City.