- 18 June 2014 / SOS Children’s Villages Press Conference
On Tuesday, June 17th, SOS Children’s Villages, held its annual press conference on the operation of the 6 Support Centers for the Child and Family throughout Greece; whose operation is funded through a grant by the Foundation.
- 17 June 2014 / Internship Program at the SNFCC
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation offers a limited number of internships with the aim of gaining practical experience by working on the planning and construction of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) project.
- 17 June 2014 / Popaganda: The heart and soul of the grant and the much more
George Agouridis, Board Member of the SNF and Lenia Vlavianou, Director of Public Affairs, talk about the activities of the SNF and SNFCC to Katerina I. Anesti.
- 12 June 2014 / Inauguration of the Melissa Orphanage for Girls
Today, marked the inauguration of the Melissa Orphanage for Girls after a relocation of the Orphanage’s administrative services, in addition to renovation works on the Orphanage’s main building. The Stavros Niarchos Foundation provided support for both actions.
- 12 June 2014 / Inauguration of the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at the Ippokrateio Hospital of Thessaloniki
Today, the second Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at the Ippokrateio Hospital of Thessaloniki was inaugurated. The Stavros Niarchos Foundation assisted in funding both renovation works, and the purchase of updated equipment.
- 11 June 2014 / The John Jay College of Criminal Justice Bi-annual International Conference 2014
John Jay College of Criminal Justice’s bi-annual international conference is taking place in Athens, with the Stavros Niarchos Foundation’s support. The conference, taking place from June 12th to June 14th focuses on the theme of “Contending Approaches to Justice and World Order”.
- 10 June 2014 / The Mobile Medical Units returned from Astypalaia
The two state-of-the-art Mobile Medical Units have successfully completed yet another mission, this time in Astypalaia, where the border island’s residents had the opportunity to receive comprehensive medical care and support, completely free of charge, from the professional volunteer doctors taking part in the five-year National Primary Healthcare Education and Promotion Program in island and border regions of Greece.
- 10 June 2014 / Ashoka Changemakers’ day
On May 12 & 13, SNF grantee Ashoka is organizing the Ashoka Changemakers’ day, a European summit for social innovation in Paris.
- 06 June 2014 / The Center for Modern Greece opens today at the Freie University in Berlin
The interdisciplinary Center for Modern Greece, which was created through a grant by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation, is being inaugurated today at Freie Universität in Berlin. The inauguration will coincide with a speech by the President of the European Court, Professor Vassilios Skouris.