- 24 November 2015 / Τhe SNF announces new cycle of grants totaling more than $37 Million
The Board of Directors of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation, as part of the Foundation’s latest cycle of grants, has approved 111 new grants, totaling $37.65 million (€33.29 mil), in support of non-profit organizations, whose activities are expected to have a positive and lasting impact globally, while also focusing on the increasing needs of Greece.
- 19 November 2015 / The National Herald on the SNF’s and its Co-President, Andreas Dracopoulos’s, contribution for the National African-American History and Culture Museum in Washington
The National Herald features the SNF’s grant, and the personal contribution by the Foundation’s Co-President, Andreas Dracopoulos, to the National African-American History and Culture Museum, which is currently under construction in Washington, DC.
- 18 November 2015 / Nominations Open for Third Annual NYC Neighborhood Library Awards, Honoring City’s Exceptional Public Libraries
The “Oscars of libraries” has launched its third awards season, and is asking New Yorkers to nominate neighborhood libraries that go above and beyond to serve their communities – libraries that will ultimately vie for top honors and the shot at a $20,000 prize.
- 17 November 2015 / Queens Library will host a screening of the SNF documentary “Out Here”
“Out Here,” a documentary that highlights the positive impact of all the different programs that were implemented as part of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation’s $130 million (€100 million) Initiative Against the Greek Crisis, will be screened at the Queens Public Library on November 19.
- 16 November 2015 / Inauguration event for the Center of Late Antique and Byzantine Studies at Koç University, with the SNF support
On Friday, November 13th, the inauguration event for the Center of Late Antique and Byzantine Studies at Koç University took place in Istanbul.
- 13 November 2015 / The Mobile Medical Units travel to Agios Efstratios
On November 14th, the Mobile Medical Units will visit the island of Agios Efstratios to provide extensive medical services, free of charge, to its permanent residents.
- 11 November 2015 / The 2015 Tällberg Foundation Global Leadership Prize award
The Tällberg Foundation announced today the winners of its Global Leadership Prize for 2015: Jamila Afghani from Afghanistan and Martín von Hildebrand from Colombia.
- 06 November 2015 / In February 2016 the SNFCC Visitors Center moves to its permanent location
In February 2016, the Visitors Center (VC) will relocate from the temporary building on the Esplanade where it currently operates, to the building that will permanently house the information point for the visitors, in the northeastern part of the Stavros Niarchos Park.
- 03 November 2015 / New York-Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children’s Hospital honors SNF
On Monday, November 2, the NewYork-Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children’s Hospital honored the SNF during its 3rd annual Birthday Bash.