- 10 JUNE 2010 / A new initiative to renovate all Pediatric ICUs, and to support all Foster Care Institutions in Greece
In its last meeting, and as part of its commitment to expand its activities in Greece, the Foundation’s Board of Directors approved, among others, two grants that will contribute towards high-quality health care services, child protection and care for those in need. In particular, the grants pertain to renovating all Pediatric Intensive Care Units (ICUs) and to supporting all nineteen Foster Care Institutions in Greece. The two grants have a combined budget of nearly five (5) million Euros.
- 26 MAY 2010 / Anatolia College organizes a Plaque Unveiling Ceremony
On Friday, May 28th, the Anatolia College will hold a Plaque Unveiling Ceremony to honor the Stavros Niarchos Foundation and the donors who matched the Foundation’s grant to Anatolia for renovation works to the Raphael Hall.
- 24 MAY 2010 / Wall Street Journal article
The article discusses the Foundation’s overall grant-making activities and philosophy, focusing on its recent grant to the Lower East Side Tenement Museum.
- 22 MAY 2010 / The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center and the Municipal Sports and Leisure Park in the Νews
The weekend edition of “To Vima” newspaper featured an extensive article on the two parks developed through a grant from the Foundation, namely the Stavros Niarchos Park...
- 20 MAY 2010 / Inauguration event in Hellinopyrgos
The Syrmos Melathron of Hellinopyrgos, which was renovated with support from the Foundation, will be inaugurated on Saturday, May 22nd, in Karditsa.
- 20 MAY 2010 / Inauguration of the Museum of the Macedonian Struggle in Kastoria
The Museum of the Macedonian Struggle in Kastoria will be inaugurated on Sunday, May 23rd. The Museum is housed in the Picheon Manor, which was restored and converted into a Museum through the Foundation’s support.
- 18 MAY 2010 / Inauguration of new exhibition areas at the Folklore Museum of Xanthi
The Museum will be inaugurating its new exhibition areas on Wednesday, May 19, also celebrating International Museum Day.
- 10 MAY 2010 / One-day conference by ELISA – Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children
On Friday, the 14th of May 2010, ELISA - Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children is organizing a scientific conference on the topic “0-5. Parents & Children invest in the present and the future.
- 10 MAY 2010 / ELISA - Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children
On Friday, the 14th of May 2010, ELISA - Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children is organizing a scientific conference on the topic “0-5. Parents & Children invest in the present and the future.” The event, which will be held at the National Hellenic Research Foundation, is part of a grant by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation, aimed at raising public awareness on child abuse.