- 12 November 2016 / Update on access to the Lighthouse
We would like to inform you that from Monday November 14th until Thursday November 17th, access to the Lighthouse, where the exhibition “Yiannis Moralis – Christos Kapralos” is taking place, will be closed to the public.
- 11 November 2016 / The SNF to receive award for its contribution in Sports
On Friday, November 11th the AIMS Best Marathon Runner Awards took place in honor of internationally acclaimed athletes of the Marathon. The event was organized in the context of the 21st International AIMS Conference.
- 11 November 2016 / Inauguration of the New Francis Crick Institute in London
On Wednesday, October 9th, Her Majesty The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh, accompanied by The Duke of York, performed the opening of the new Francis Crick Institute in central London.
- 09 November 2016 / The SNFCC wins prestigious international award
The SNFCC is proud to announce that it has been named Best International Project of the Year in the 2016 UK Building Awards, at a big celebration held last night in London.
- 07 November 2016 / National Museum of African American History and Culture in Washington, D.C.
The National Museum of African American History and Culture celebrated its long-awaited opening during a weekend (September 23-25, 2016) of festivities, the culminating moment of which was the inauguration of the Museum by President Obama, on Saturday, September 24th, 2016. The weekend celebrations for the Smithsonian Institution’s newest museum included a reception at the White House in the afternoon of Friday, September 23rd.
- 04 November 2016 / SNFCC Membership Program
The SNFCC Membership Program has officially launched offering the opportunity to join one of the Basic Membership levels.
- 03 November 2016 / Stavros Niarchos Foundation: 20 years of grantmaking activity
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation celebrates its 20th anniversary, fulfilling the original purpose of its establishment: to contribute, with all the means at its disposal, to the improvement of the lives of those less privileged and to support organizations and projects that are expected to achieve a broad, lasting and positive impact for society at large.
- 03 November 2016 / International Rescue Committee Receives $15 Million Gift From the SNF
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) receives a $15 million grant over five years from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) to support its emergency response efforts and organizational infrastructure systems. This is the largest foundation award the IRC has ever received for its infrastructure programs.
- 27 October 2016 / The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) Earns the Prestigious Platinum Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Certification
The U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC), the organization that has developed the leading international certification system for green buildings, has announced that the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) has received a Platinum level LEED certification, the highest possible rating for environmentally conscious and sustainable buildings.