- 12 MAY 2009 / Presentation of the Encyclopedia of the Greek Press, 1784-1974
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation is pleased to announce the completion of a major academic milestone: a compilation of the history of the Greek Press, from 1784 to 1974, in the form of a four-volume Encyclopedia. The Stavros Niarchos Foundation provided exclusive funding for the project, which is the result of twelve years of research by 340 faculty members and research staff at the Institute for Neohellenic Research at the National Hellenic Research Foundation.
- 05 MAY 2009 / Niarchos Prize for Survivorship presented to Four Honorees by Survivor Corps
This year Survivor Corps honored four recipients with the Niarchos Prize for Survivorship...
- 13 APRIL 2009 / Veria Central Public Library Inaugurates ”The Magic Boxes”
His Excellency the President of the Hellenic Republic, Mr. K. Papoulias, will inaugurate The Magic Boxes, the renovated children/s section in Veria/s Central Public Library, on Sunday, April 26th, at 18.30.
- 10 APRIL 2009 / Mimis Papaioannou Ethos Cup” welcomes the first Girls' Soccer Tournament Academy
The Children/s Soccer Training program will host the first Girls’ Soccer Tournament Academy for participants aged up to 21 years old. The ”Mimis Papaioannou Ethos Cup,” organized within the context of the Soccer Tournament Academy, will take place in the Municipality of Ano Liosia, Attica, from April 13th to 15th, 2009 from 13.00 to 18.00, with the participation of 8 teams comprising 160 young athletes.
- 08 APRIL 2009 / 2008 Architecture Awards Ceremony and Exhibition
On April 14th, the Hellenic Institute of Architecture will present the winners of the 2008 Architecture Awards and inaugurate the opening of an exhibition of the contestant works. The award ceremony will be held at the Benaki Museum at 19.00. The Stavros Niarchos Foundation is the exclusive donor for the Awards ceremony and the exhibition, which will be on view from April 15th to June 7th, 2009.
- 20 MARCH 2009 / March 22nd - World Water Day
March 22 is ”World Water Day,” a day intended to draw international attention to the critical lack of clean, safe drinking water worldwide. The UN General Assembly designated the day in 1992.
- 11 MARCH 2009 / Ecoweek’s Tree Planting Initiative in the Municipality of Zacharo
A tree planting event will take place on Saturday, March 14th in the fire-stricken Municipality of Zacharo in the Peloponnese. The tree planting initiative is part of an environmental program designed and implemented by the not-for-profit organization Ecoweek.
- 27 JANUARY 2009 / Renzo Piano's Environmentally Progressive Concept Design for the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC)
- 24 JANUARY 2009 / Renzo Piano's Environmentally Progressive Concept Design for Athens' Modern Urban Icon, The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC)
The Board of Directors of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) and the Renzo Piano Building Workshop (RPBW), a world-renowned architectural firm, revealed the concept design today for the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC), housing the National Library of Greece and the Greek National Opera, both set within the Stavros Niarchos Park.