- Renzo Piano comes to Athens (Tuesday 20/06), on the occasion of the Summer Nostos Festival, for a comprehensive discussion with the New York Times architectural critic, Michael Kimmelman, whose work focuses on urban and public spaces.
16 JUNE 2017Associated Press’s article with a reference on the SNF’s grant to the National Center for Emergency Care (EKAV) was republished by The New York Times and the Washington PostIn an article featured in the Associated Press, on Thursday, June 15th, regarding the impact of the financial crisis and the austerity policies on the national health system, as well as the provided healthcare services, a special reference is made to the recent grant from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) towards the National Center for Emergency Care (EKAV), totaling 14 million euro.
16 JUNE 2017Prince Henry of Wales (Prince Harry) inaugurates the “Stavros Niarchos Foundation Floor” at Chatham HouseOn Thursday, June 15th, the inauguration of the “Stavros Niarchos Foundation Floor” at Chatham House took place, in the presence of Prince Henry of Wales.
15 JUNE 2017The transfer of the first 10.000 books to the National Library of Greece just began, with the SNF's supportThe SNF supports the transition of NLG to its new home, at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center and encourages its successful operation.
- The European Foundation Centre (EFC) announced the new members of its governing bodies during the annual General Assembly and Conference of the organization that took place in Warsaw, from May 31st to June 2nd.
- WWF Greece with the cooperation and the scientific support of the Urban Environment Lab of the School of Architecture, National Technical University of Athens, organized a competition, which was open to undergraduate students enrolled at the Faculties of Architecture and corresponding Departments in Greek Polytechnics and Universities.
- We were excited to be together with the veteran players of FC Barcelona and the Greek National Team who offered a unique game to the island's local community.
- Within a few days, the curtain opens for the Summer Nostos Festival (SNFestival), the summer’s greatest celebration, organized and exclusively funded by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) that will welcome thousands of visitors of all age groups and interests at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC).
- This spring, a representative from SNF visited Lao. The SNF assists with projects of “World Education” focusing on issues of UXOs in Lao, supports restoration works of the old Temples in Luang Prabang, and assists the local Orphanage School with supplies and vocational training.