- 17 JUNE 2007 / A. C. Dracopoulos Interview regarding the SNFCC
On the occasion of signing a Memorandum of Understanding with the Greek Government regarding the construction of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center, Mr. Andreas C. Dracopoulos, member of its Board of Directors, granted an interview to the Greek daily newspaper Kathimerini (which is distributed in Greece with the International Herald Tribune), the National Herald of New York and the Vima.
- 27 MAY 2007 / Holy Metropolitan Church of Limnos - Inauguration Ceremony of the Renovated Mansion
On May 27 the Holy Metropolitan Church of Limnos Island will reopen its mansion to the public, having undergone a renovation funded by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation. At the inauguration ceremony, which will be held by the Metropolitan Bishop Ierotheos, Minister of the Aegean, MP’s, local authorities, as well as media and press have been invited to attend.
- 12 MAY 2007 / ACS - Inauguration of the Optimal Match (OM) Learning Center ”Stavros Niarchos Foundation”
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation supports the educational thriving of children with learning difficulties, by having provided for the equipment and renovations for the creation of the Optimal Match (OM) Learning Center at the American Community Schools of Athens. Today, one year later, the inauguration of the OM Learning Center, named after its grant-maker, takes place on the ACS’ campus, at 09.00 a.m.
- 04 MAY 2007 / Holy Metropolitan Church of Monemvassia and Sparta - Inauguration Ceremony of the Home for the Elderly
On Friday, May 4th the Health Minister Dimitris Avramopoulos, inaugurated at 19:00 the Old People’s Home of the Holy Metropolitan Church of Monemvassia and Sparta, in Elica- Laconia. The Home was constructed and fully equipped by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation. This grant will be the first, in memory of the late Mary A. Dracopoulos, sister of the founder Stavros S. Niarchos, at their county of origin, Laconia.
- 19 APRIL 2007 / International Knowledge Sharing: Greek Orthopedic Surgeons Practicing in Underserved Areas of Greece Come to New York to Continue Their Medical Education
Hospital for Special Surgery’s International Learning and Training Center is Helping Make an Impact on Patient Care Worldwide
- 31 JANUARY 2007 / Grants dedicated in memory of Mary A. Dracopoulou
On the occasion of the death of Mary A. Dracopoulou, sister of the late Stavros Niarchos, founder of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation, the Board of Directors of the Foundation has unanimously decided to dedicate in her memory all the upcoming grants that will be approved during the spring of 2007.
- 12 DECEMBER 2006 / Inauguration of the Medical and Occupational Treatment Shelter of Trikala
The inauguration of the Medical and Occupational Shelter in Trikala (Thessaly) took place on Tuesday, December 12 at Pili of Trikala. The Stavros Niarchos Foundation provided exclusive funding for renovating and equipping the shelter to be a safe and pleasant environment for children with special needs.
- 20 NOVEMBER 2006 / Foundation of Infants and Children in Alexandroupolis
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation inaugurated on Monday, November 20, at 12:00 in Alexandroupolis, the Center for Infants of the Holy Metropolitan Church (H.M.C.) of Alexandroupolis. The Stavros Niarchos Foundation -in order to create a center for the hosting of orphans and children from poor/one parent families- has totally covered all the construction, equipment and furnishing expenses.
- 14 NOVEMBER 2006 / New home for the Friends of Merimna
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation supports the purchase of a new building for the “Friends of Merimna” whose inauguration will take place November 14, 2006 at 11.30 a.m., by the Health Minister, Mr. D. Avramopoulos.