- 06 MAY 2014 / Ιnauguration of the new Day Care Center for the Homeless in Thessaloniki
On May 8th, the inauguration of the new Day Care Center for the Homeless in Thessaloniki will take place.
- 02 MAY 2014 / Yale University recognizes SNF’s grant to Yale School of Art
Yale University recognized the Stavros Niarchos Foundation’s recent grant to the Yale School of Art, as well as the Foundation’s significant overall commitment to the University over the years, during a ceremony held on May 1st.
- 02 MAY 2014 / Foreign Ambassadors Visit the SNFCC
SNF and SNFCC staff welcomed foreign ambassadors to Greece who responded to the SNFCC’s invitation for a tour of the SNFCC construction site.
- 30 APRIL 2014 / Fourteenth Annual Stavros Niarchos Foundation Lecture at the Peterson Institute for International Economics
The Fourteenth Annual Stavros Niarchos Foundation Lecture at the Peterson Institute for International Economics took place yesterday, April 29, in Washington.
- 29 APRIL 2014 / The Stavros Niarchos Foundation announces its New Cycle of Grants
The Board of Directors of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation during the course of its bi-annual meeting in the spring of 2014, approved 67 new grants, totaling approximately €16,000,000, in support of programs and initiatives by Greek and international not for profit organizations.
- 29 APRIL 2014 / The US Ambassador Visits the SNFCC
The US Ambassador to Greece, Mr. David Pearce, visited the Visitors Center of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center and took a tour of the SNFCC construction site. The Ambassador had the opportunity to get informed on the progress of the SNFCC’s construction works and received a presentation on the future of the project.
- 29 APRIL 2014 / «Together for Children» Honors SNF
The organization «Together for Children» honors during a special ceremony the SNF for its support and philanthropic activities. The SNF has provided various grants to «Together for Children» supporting the operation of the emergency helpline which accepts all types of requests related to children and is operated by expert social workers and psychologists. In addition the SNF has supported the establishment of an early intervention and rehabilitation unit for children at the Aglaia Kyriakou Children’s Hospital-Kallithea branch.
- 28 APRIL 2014 / The Municipality of Nikaia participates in the “Journey to the SNFCC”
The “Journey to the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center” continues in various Municipalities across Attica, through the public’s open participation in free cultural and educational events, carried out as part of the program of the same name. The main purpose of the program is to acquaint the citizens with the SNFCC and its philosophy, as well as to cultivate a fresh culture, through which the country’s contemporary citizens may openly engage with the project that is soon to regenerate their everyday lives.
- 26 APRIL 2014 / SNF Receives “Food Bank Partner” Award by the European Federation of Food Banks
On April 25, the European Federation of Food Banks (FEBA) held its yearly General Assembly in Lyon, France. At this event, member food banks exchange experiences, strengthen ties and launch collaborative projects.