- 06 May 2016 / The American Ireland Fund announces the $ 1M SNF Grant
On Thursday, May 5th, the American Ireland Fund hosted its annual dinner during which they announced the $1M SNF grant towards the expansion of the Music Generation Program.
- 05 May 2016 / The President of Nea Dimokratia Mr. K. Mitsotakis visits the SNFCC
On Wednesday, May 4th, the President of Nea Dimokratia Mr. Kyriakos Mitsotakis visited the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC).
- 28 April 2016 / Physics at the “Precision Frontier” Gets $8m Boost from New Partnership
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation and Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics have launched an $8 million partnership to fuel the groundbreaking research of one of the world’s top emerging theoretical particle physicists.
- 28 April 2016 / Kenya Libraries Go Digital with the SNF support
The non-profit organization Worldreader aims to change the lives of thousands of people in Kenya, giving digital access to books with the support of the SNF.
- 22 April 2016 / Lifebox Foundation celebrates its 5th anniversary in London
On April 18th & 19th, 2016 Lifebox Foundation organized an event to celebrate its 5th anniversary in London, to thank numerous supporters from the medical and philanthropic sectors, including the SNF, for their contribution towards to its mission.
- 20 April 2016 / Opening Ceremony of the Pan-Hellenic Games Special Olympics “Loutraki 2016”
On April 18th, 2016, the Opening Ceremony of the Pan-Hellenic Games of Special Olympics "Loutraki 2016" took place at the Sports Hall "George Giannopoulos” of the Municipality of Loutraki.
- 19 April 2016 / Inauguration of the new angiography equipment at ELPIS Hospital, with the SNF support
On Monday April 18th an event at the General Hospital of Athens “Elpis” was held for the recent procurement of a modern cardiac imaging system at the Department of Cardiology, which was implemented through an SNF grant.
- 18 April 2016 / Major Exhibition at The Met to Present Three Centuries of Greek Art from Alexander to Cleopatra
The conquests of Alexander the Great transformed the ancient world, making trade and cultural exchange possible across great distances. Alexander’s retinue of court artists and extensive artistic patronage provided a model for his successors, the Hellenistic kings, who came to rule over much of his empire.
- 15 April 2016 / Innovative educational programs for medical students and young orthopedic residents
The NGO Regeneration & Progress successfully designed 3 innovative educational programs in the field of medicine, with the support of the SNF.