- 24 September 2014 / SNFCC Photography Exhibition at the French Institute
On Tuesday September 23rd, the photography exhibition “Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center: View from the Cranes” of photographer Yiorgis Yerolymbos opened to the public at the French Institute of Greece, as part of the Athens International Film Festival. The exhibition, which examines top view images from the SNFCC construction site, will last until October 18th.
- 24 September 2014 / SNF Grant Establishes Fellowship at Chatham House Academy for Leadership in International Affairs
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation is pleased to announce a €1 million grant for the establishment of the permanently endowed «Academy Stavros Niarchos Foundation Fellowship» at the Chatham House Academy for Leadership in International Affairs in the United Kingdom.
- 22 September 2014 / “Jihad 3.0" - Panel discussion as part of the SNF funded CSIS-Schieffer Series Dialogues
On September 22nd, the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) is hosting a panel on “Jihad 3.0”, as part of the SNF funded CSIS-Schieffer Series Dialogues.
- 18 September 2014 / Academy Stavros Niarchos Foundation Fellowship at the Chatham House Academy for Leadership in International Affairs
The Academy Stavros Niarchos Foundation Fellowship at the Chatham House Academy for Leadership in International Affairs is designed to allow young promising leaders from Greece and the Greek diaspora an opportunity to advance their knowledge, develop research skills and build links with the policy, academic and other communities in the UK and the wider EU.
- 18 September 2014 / Inauguration of Renovated 2nd Thoracic Surgery Department of the General Hospital of Nikaia
September 18th, marked the inauguration of the renovated 2nd Thoracic Surgery Department of the General Hospital of Nikaia. The Stavros Niarchos Foundation through a grant supported the renovation works and purchase of equipment. The 2nd Thoracic Surgery Department consists of a High Dependency Unit, two recovery chambers, the doctor’s office, the supervisor’s space and a storage space.
- 17 September 2014 / Landmark Metropolitan Museum Exhibition: “Assyria to Iberia at the Dawn of the Classical Age”
September 22nd, 2014 will mark the opening of the landmark-exhibition at the Metropolitan Museum in New York titled “Assyria to Iberia at the Dawn of the Classical Age”, which features art of the First Millennium B.C. from the Middle East to Western Europe. The exhibition was made possible by the support, among others, of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation.
- 17 September 2014 / The Mobile Medical Units Visit Fournoi
On September 18th, the Mobile Medical Units will visit the island of Fournoi to provide extensive medical services, free of charge, to the residents of the isolated island, where they will remain until September 21st. This is the sixth mission of the Units, following the visits in Kastelorizo, Amorgo, Kasos and Astypalaia and Psarra.
- 15 September 2014 / SNF honored with the 2014 Alumni Achievement Awards by the American College of Greece
On Friday, September 12th, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation was honored for its contribution to Education during the 2014 Alumni Achievement Awards ceremony organize by The American College of Greece (ACG).
- 11 September 2014 / The SNF announces an emergency relief grant to help combat the Ebola Epidemic In West Africa
The SNF has announced a $500,000 emergency relief grant to the international non-profit organization Doctors Without Borders, to help combat the Ebola outbreak in West Africa.