- 01 JULY 2010 / Inauguration of the restored windmills on the island of Patmos
The restoration of the Patmos island windmills will be celebrated with an inaugural event, which will be held on Saturday, July 10th, beneath the landmark Holy Monastery of St. John the Theologian and Evangelist.
- 24 JUNE 2010 / Press conference on the scientific expedition Our Planet Reviewed
The press conference on the scientific expedition “Our Planet Reviewed” will be held on 06/25/2010 at the National Museum of Natural History in Paris, to inform the public about biodiversity research in Mozambique and Madagascar.
- 21 JUNE 2010 / Soccer School for young athletes by the veteran football player, Mimis Papaioannou
The Mimis Papaioannou Children’s Soccer Training Program is organizing yet another annual Soccer School, from July 23-27 in Volos. The program has been supported by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation since 2003.
- 20 JUNE 2010 / Soccer School for young athletes
The renowned retired soccer player Mimis Papaioannou is organizing yet another annual “Soccer School,” within the context of the “Children’s Soccer Training Program.
- 17 JUNE 2010 / Conference on “Immigration in Greece: Challenges and Politics”
The Conference “Immigration in Greece: Challenges and Politics”, organized by the Research Center for Progressive Policy, will take place on the 23rd of June at the Megaron Karatza in central Athens.
- 14 JUNE 2010 / Xenakis On Water: A discussion about Xenakis in Central Park on WQXR
The percussionist Douglas Perkins discusses Xenakis in Central Park, a celebration of the composer’s work...
- 10 JUNE 2010 / Presentation of new grants in Health & Medicine and Social Welfare
The Foundation has acted on its announced commitment by approving, in the Spring meeting of its Board of Directors, some of the largest grant-making initiatives...
- 10 JUNE 2010 / A new initiative to renovate all Pediatric ICUs, and to support all Foster Care Institutions in Greece
In its last meeting, and as part of its commitment to expand its activities in Greece, the Foundation’s Board of Directors approved, among others, two grants that will contribute towards high-quality health care services, child protection and care for those in need. In particular, the grants pertain to renovating all Pediatric Intensive Care Units (ICUs) and to supporting all nineteen Foster Care Institutions in Greece. The two grants have a combined budget of nearly five (5) million Euros.
- 26 MAY 2010 / Anatolia College organizes a Plaque Unveiling Ceremony
On Friday, May 28th, the Anatolia College will hold a Plaque Unveiling Ceremony to honor the Stavros Niarchos Foundation and the donors who matched the Foundation’s grant to Anatolia for renovation works to the Raphael Hall.