- 25 June 2015 / The SNF Announces a Second “Initiative Against The Greek Crisis”
Within the next year, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation will allocate an additional €100 million, in order to further alleviate the adverse effects of the crisis in Greece
- 25 June 2015 / The first SNFCC RUN was completed in success
In a spirit of optimism and hope for the future, the SNFCC RUN evening race took place on Tuesday, June 23rd, 2015. The route connected the heart of Athens to the sea, as the race started at the Panathenaic Stadium and finished at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC).
- 24 June 2015 / The concept of Environmental Sustainability and its implementation in the SNFCC
The construction of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) started in the fall of 2012. In the 33 months since then, the project has progressed consistently towards its targeted completion in 2016, when the Stavros Niarchos Foundation will deliver it as a gift to the Greek State.
- 23 June 2015 / Educational Program “Chess in Schools” Presentation & Program Review
On the occasion of the completion of the two-year educational program “Chess in Schools”, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation, which supported the implementation of the program in our country, held a press conference this morning, with the two main partners which implemented the program: the Kasparov Chess Foundation Europe (www.kcfe.eu) and its founder, Mr. Garry Kasparov, and the Association of Thessaloniki Chess Players (www.skakistis.gr) and its president, Mr. Giannis Antoniadis.
- 17 June 2015 / Fireflies in the Night
On Monday, June 22, the Stavros Niarchos Park turns into an outdoor cinema, and presents the three-night video art program “Fireflies in the Night”, organized by Robert Storr, Dean of Yale School of Art, with curators Barbara London, Kalliopi Minioudaki and Francesca Pietropaolo.
- 16 June 2015 / Incarnation: Photography exhibition by Vassilis Makris
On June 21st, at 18:00, the photographic exhibition of Vassilis Makris, entitled: Incarnation opens at the Stavros Niarchos Park. Through the lens of the applied photography specialist, Vassilis Makris, the birth and evolution of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center is illustrated, featuring the principal dancers of the Greek National Opera (GNO), Maria Kousouni and Vangelis Bikos.
- 15 June 2015 / SNFCC RUN: Running into the Future
On Tuesday, June 23, on the occasion of the Olympic Day, the city of Athens “runs to the future”, participating in an evening race that is part of the four days—and nights—of events entitled “Light Up the Night at the Stavros Niarchos Park”.
- 11 June 2015 / His Beatitude Archbishop of Athens and All Greece Hieronymus visits the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center
On Thursday, June 11th, His Beatitude Archbishop Hieronymus visited the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center.
- 11 June 2015 / World Music Day at the Stavros Niarchos Park, with Dionysis Savvopoulos
On June 21, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC), celebrating World Music Day, opens its doors to the public with a concert presented by Dionysis Savvopoulos and his colleagues, especially prepared for that Sunday and the brand new, fresh and green space that is the Stavros Niarchos Park.