- It’s an idea that was born at sea and nourished by salt, sunlight, and breeze—an idea for recording, protecting, and showcasing the rich heritage of the 33 Cycladic islands.
- If you’re one of those people who puts up Christmas decorations as early as November, then Vamvakou is the place for you.
02 DECEMBER 2021First project in New York Times Headway initiative looks back at past predictions of the futureHeadway, a new initiative from The New York Times launching today, brings together leading journalists to look at the world’s challenges through the lens of progress.
- If your New Year’s resolution is to eat at one of the world’s coolest restaurants in 2022, look no further than Athens and the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC). Forbes has named the SNFCC’s Delta, created in collaboration with Deipnosofistirion, as one of the coolest restaurants on earth for the coming year.
- For many people, there’s a sight, smell, or sound that signals the holidays are here. If you live in Athens, chances are the sight of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) decked out in thousands of lights is one of those.
- The SNF Ithaca Initiative at the University of Delaware recently convened scholars from the SNF Agora Institute at Johns Hopkins, the SNF Paideia program at the University Pennsylvania, and other universities to collaborate on how best to facilitate civil discourse on campus and beyond.
- Last Saturday, November 27, the local elementary school in Nikaia, Greece, welcomed students—but this time the kids weren’t there to sit through classes. Instead, they enjoyed basketball, dancing, experiments, astronomy, arts, and mystery stories.
- More than 130 early-career researchers, PhD candidates, and postdocs from the Foundation for Research & Technology – Hellas (FORTH) have dedicated the last five years to research through the ARCHERS program, with the support of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF). Their research focuses on cultural heritage preservation, the environment, energy, and health.