- From September 17-19, Special Olympics Hellas (SOH) traveled to the Greek village of Vamvakou as part of its Families Program and was hosted by the Vamvakou Revival team.
- A rich program of concerts and new opera and ballet productions arrives onstage in Stavros Niarchos Hall and the Alternative Stage at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center through the Greek National Opera (GNO)’s October to December 2021 program.
- The soccer legends of Greece’s 2004 Euro championship team are working to mentor young players and foster an environment of healthy competition through a series of youth soccer tournaments around Greece.
- Earlier today, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) welcomed the Heads of State and Government of the EuroMED7 Group, a collection of European countries on the Mediterranean, including Greek Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis, French President Emmanuel Macron, and President of the Republic of Cyprus Nicos Anastasiades, and Prime Ministers Mario Draghi of Italy, Pedro Sanchez of Spain, Robert Abela of Malta. Also participating in the summit were Prime Ministers Andrej Plenkovic of Croatia and Janez Jansa of Slovenia, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Portugal Augusto Santos Silva, and President of the European Commission Ursula von der Leyen.
- See what’s on the autumn schedule at UCLA’s SNF Center for the Study of Hellenic Culture. Hear from the director and performer of a “raw” theatrical work based on the life of a general in the Greek Revolution.
- As part of its mission to offer a variety of interesting life experiences to their athletes, Special Olympics Hellas is taking a field trip to the village of Vamvakou in Laconia.
15 SEPTEMBER 2021Arts festival for audiences with autism and developmental disabilities coming to Lincoln Center through SNF-LC Agora InitiativeBig Umbrella Outdoors, a weekend-long festival designed to welcome audiences with autism and other developmental disabilities, kicks off September 17 at Lincoln Center as part of Restart Stages. The program includes an inclusive silent disco, dancers from Ballet For All Kids, immersive and relaxed performances, and a multisensory playscape.