- 24 January 2020 / The SNF Honored with the International Olympic Committee Trophy 2019
During an event by the Hellenic Olympic Committee (HOC), the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) was honored with the International Olympic Committee Trophy 2019.
- 23 January 2020 / French Institute to Hold Night of Ideas in Greece
On January 30, 2020, the French Institute of Greece will hold a Night of Ideas, an annual event organized simultaneously in 89 countries that celebrates the flow of ideas between countries, cultures, disciplines, and generations.
- 22 January 2020 / Stellar Live Theater, Free On-Demand for UK State Schools
Live theater’s greatest assets as an experience—its intimacy, the fact that each performance represents a singular instance that won’t be repeated—also make it difficult to access as an education resource. A relatively new project from London’s National Theatre that makes high-quality recordings of world-class theater performances available on-demand to educators is now available free of charge for state schools around the United Kingdom.
- 22 January 2020 / The First Talkie Produced in Greece, a Lost Classic Found again
The first Greek film with sound and speech, considered lost for many decades, was found in the Cinémathèque Française archives. It now returns to the big screen at Stavros Niarchos Hall with support from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), through a collaboration between the Greek Film Archive Foundation and the Greek National Opera (GNO).
- 21 January 2020 / Open Event on Culture
At the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) we believe that culture is a necessity.
- 20 January 2020 / The Metropolitan Cathedral of Athens Presents its Collection of Relics
The new Museum at the Metropolitan Cathedral of Athens officially opened on Sunday, January 19, in presence of His Excellency The President of the Hellenic Republic, Mr. Prokopios Pavlopoulos, and his Beatitude the Archbishop of Athens and All Greece, Hieronymus.
- 20 January 2020 / Open Event on the Health Initiative
Healthcare is more than treatment and cure. It is dignity, respect, and hope for those in need. This is our belief at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF).
- 15 January 2020 / European Communication Institute Awards Anna-Kynthia Bousdoukou
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) offers our warmest congratulations to Anna-Kynthia Bousdoukou, who has been honored by the European Communication Institute for the work of the nonprofit organization iMEdD (the incubator for Media Education and Development), whose mission is to support sound, independent journalism through the use of new technologies, as well as her work for the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) in relation to the SNF’s efforts to support good journalism.
- 15 January 2020 / SNF Agora event: From Russia with Bots
How the Future First Began in Russia, the latest event from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) Agora Institute at Johns Hopkins University, seems to portend with its title the dawn of a rosy new era. But like so many things on the internet, it’s not what it first seems.