- 12 February 2016 / Dedication of the vascular lab of the Peconic Bay Medical Center, with the SNF support
On Thursday January 28th, the non-invasive vascular lab of the Peconic Bay Medical Center was dedicated in honor of SNF’s support. The grant includes the renovation of the spaces and the purchase of sophisticated equipment necessary for the non-invasive procedures.
- 11 February 2016 / The Mobile Medical Units travel to Anafi
On February 13th to 14th , the Mobile Medical Units will visit the island of Anafi to provide extensive medical services, free of charge, to its permanent residents. This is the 17th mission of the Units, following visits in Kastelorizo, Amorgos, Kasos , Astypalaia, Psarra, Fournoi-Thimaina, Patmos, Folegandros, Lipsi, Nisyros, Tilos, Serifos, Ano Koufonisi, Agios Efstratios, Kimolos and Agathonisi.
- 06 February 2016 / Prime Minister A.Tsipras visits the SNFCC
On Saturday, February 6th, the Prime Minister of the Hellenic Republic, Mr. Alexis Tsipras visited the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC). He was joined by the Minister of Culture, Mr. Aristides Baltas, and the Minister of State, Mr. Nikos Pappas.
- 03 February 2016 / The SNF responds to the Severe Drought Crisis in Ethiopia with a €250,000 Emergency Relief Grant to Oxfam
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation announced an emergency relief grant of €250,000/$271,000 to Oxfam to help address some of the critical needs of the inhabitants of Ethiopia’s most drought-stricken areas.
- 29 January 2016 / Andreas Dracopoulos is awarded the rank of the Officer of the Legion of Honor of the Republic of France
By virtue of a decree by the President of the Republic of France, issued on January 5th, 2016, the SNF’s Co-President, Mr. Andreas Dracopoulos, has been awarded the rank of the Officer of the Legion of Honor of the Republic of France.
- 28 January 2016 / The Hellenic Olympic Committee honored the SNF
On Wednesday, January 27th 2016, the Hellenic Olympic Committee (HOC) honored the Stavros Niarchos Foundation with the IOC TROPHY. The award was established in 1985 by the International Olympic Committee, and the theme for 2015 focuses on ‘Sport and Innovation’, in recognition of innovate ideas and methods that promote the athletic spirit.
- 27 January 2016 / Installation of the mast on the SNFCC energy canopy
On January 8th, 2016, the mast of the SNFCC building was placed on top of the energy canopy, marking the completion of another milestone in the project’s construction. The mast is 40 meters high and weighs 1,600 kg.
- 26 January 2016 / Athletic Home for the Homeless Greek Football Team with the support of the SNF
On Sunday, January 24th, the new Home for the Homeless Greek Football Team was inaugurated, which regards a mobile soccer field according to the World Cup for Homeless standards. The field is established by the NGO Diogenis through an SNF grant.
- 26 January 2016 / Grant to the General Hospital of Athens “Ippokratio”
On Monday, January 25th, the General Hospital of Athens “Ippokratio” honored the SNF for its contribution for the purchase of state-of-the-art ultrasound equipment, specialized for cardiology use that will replace the existing obsolete ones.