- 15 February 2017 / First Linear Accelerator Installed at the University Hospital of Heraklion
The first SNF funded brand-new linear accelerator (linac) has been installed at the University General Hospital of Heraklion in Greece, as part of the SNF’s Radiotherapy Program.
- 14 February 2017 / Worldreader to Expand Early Childhood Reading Program to Jordan
- 10 February 2017 / Have you heard of “gezlemes”?
Find out more about the stories behind the food experience at the SNFCC!
- 07 February 2017 / Program for moving infants from public maternity hospitals and rehabilitating them into foster families, with the exclusive support of the SNF
A Press Conference was held on Tuesday, February 7, to launch the program for moving infants from public maternity hospitals and rehabilitating them into foster families. The program is initiated by SOS Children’s Villages and the Social Welfare Center of the Region of Attica, with the exclusive support of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation, and deals with the care and rehabilitation of infants from public hospitals, enhancing their prospects of growing up in a warm, safe and supportive family environment, through foster care families.
- 06 February 2017 / Delivery Ceremony of the SNFCC to the Greek Society
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center, is Yours!
- 03 February 2017 / The National Herald writes about the visit of the SNF’s Co-President, Andreas Dracopoulos, to the Saint Demetrios Greek American School in Astoria, New York
The SNF’s Co-President, Andreas Dracopoulos, along with the Chief Operating Officer, Vasili Tsamis and the Director of Programs & Strategic Initiatives, Stelios Vasilakis, visited the Saint Demetrios Greek American School in Astoria, New York. They were given a tour of the premises and exchanged views with the students and teachers.
- 03 February 2017 / Presentation of the program "Memories of the German Occupation in Greece", with the SNF support
On Thursday, February 2nd, a presentation of the ongoing project "Memories of the German Occupation in Greece" took place at the National Kapodistrian University of Athens (NKUA).
- 31 January 2017 / Visit of the Minister of Culture, Ms Lydia Koniordou, at the SNFCC
The Minister of Culture Ms. Lydia Koniordou visited the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center on Monday, January the 30th.
- 30 January 2017 / “Caring with Art”. Museum of Greek Children’s Art exhibition opening with the SNF support
On Saturday, January 28th, the Museum of Greek Children’s Art inaugurated the exhibition “Caring with Art. From the ego’s microcosm to the world of we”.