- 09 December 2015 / Construction of the SNFCC Energy Canopy has been completed
With the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) nearing completion, today the Stavros Niarchos Foundation presented the hitherto construction development of the project, on the occasion of the completion of the Energy Canopy, the last important milestone of the construction phase, and one of the most innovative elements of the SNFCC.
- 03 December 2015 / SNF extends a new grant to PRAKSIS, in support of the Social Housing Program
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation (www.SNF.org) has approved a new grant, totaling €5,717,000, to the Nonprofit Organization PRAKSIS, in support of the program Syn sto Plin (Plus to Minus) and specifically the Social Housing project, which is implemented in Attica and Thessaloniki, Greece.
- 24 November 2015 / Τhe SNF announces new cycle of grants totaling more than $37 Million
The Board of Directors of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation, as part of the Foundation’s latest cycle of grants, has approved 111 new grants, totaling $37.65 million (€33.29 mil), in support of non-profit organizations, whose activities are expected to have a positive and lasting impact globally, while also focusing on the increasing needs of Greece.
- 19 November 2015 / The National Herald on the SNF’s and its Co-President, Andreas Dracopoulos’s, contribution for the National African-American History and Culture Museum in Washington
The National Herald features the SNF’s grant, and the personal contribution by the Foundation’s Co-President, Andreas Dracopoulos, to the National African-American History and Culture Museum, which is currently under construction in Washington, DC.
- 18 November 2015 / Nominations Open for Third Annual NYC Neighborhood Library Awards, Honoring City’s Exceptional Public Libraries
The “Oscars of libraries” has launched its third awards season, and is asking New Yorkers to nominate neighborhood libraries that go above and beyond to serve their communities – libraries that will ultimately vie for top honors and the shot at a $20,000 prize.
- 17 November 2015 / Queens Library will host a screening of the SNF documentary “Out Here”
“Out Here,” a documentary that highlights the positive impact of all the different programs that were implemented as part of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation’s $130 million (€100 million) Initiative Against the Greek Crisis, will be screened at the Queens Public Library on November 19.
- 16 November 2015 / Inauguration event for the Center of Late Antique and Byzantine Studies at Koç University, with the SNF support
On Friday, November 13th, the inauguration event for the Center of Late Antique and Byzantine Studies at Koç University took place in Istanbul.
- 13 November 2015 / The Mobile Medical Units travel to Agios Efstratios
On November 14th, the Mobile Medical Units will visit the island of Agios Efstratios to provide extensive medical services, free of charge, to its permanent residents.
- 11 November 2015 / The 2015 Tällberg Foundation Global Leadership Prize award
The Tällberg Foundation announced today the winners of its Global Leadership Prize for 2015: Jamila Afghani from Afghanistan and Martín von Hildebrand from Colombia.