- As the culmination of its 40th anniversary year, Public Art Fund presents the citywide exhibition “Good Fences Make Good Neighbors” by world-renowned artist, Ai Weiwei, which opens on Thursday, October 12th and will be on view throughout New York City.
11 OCTOBER 2017The Municipality of Athens wins prestigious award for its initiatives towards vulnerable social groupsAmong 21 countries and a total of 206 entries, the Municipality of Athens was awarded the first prize of EU’s Urban Innovative Actions, accompanied by an award of $5.9 million, for its proposal “Curing the Limbo’’ with regards to refugees’ social integration.
- The Center for Talented Youth – Greece (CTY Greece) begun its operation in 2013, in collaboration with the internationally renowned Johns Hopkins University, with a founding grant from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF).
- On Sunday, October 8th, 2017, the organization HIGGS (Higher Incubator Giving Growth & Sustainability), on the occasion of its two years of operation, held an NGO Fair, a large celebration dedicated to the Greek NGO ecosystem.
- On October 7th and October 8th, 2017, the Center for Talented Youth – Greece, will hold an award ceremony in Athens and in Thessaloniki, respectively.
- Following the success of its first year, the commemorative exhibition “Odysseys”, supported by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation, continues at the National Archaeological Museum, on the occasion of the Museum’s 150th anniversary. The exhibition, which had been very well received by the public, is extended until Sunday, March 25th, 2018.
04 OCTOBER 2017Inauguration of the “3rd Frissiras Award for European Painting”, supported by the SNFOn Wednesday October 4th, 2017, the Frissiras Museum inaugurated the exhibition of the “3rd Award for European Painting”, made possible through an exclusive grant from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation.
- The winners of the annual “Oscars of Libraries” have been selected! New York City’s most exceptional library branches were awarded top honors and a $20,000 prize at the fourth annual NYC Neighborhood Library Awards, held on Monday October 2nd, at Hearst Tower.
- On October 2nd, 2017, the Nobel Committee announced Michael W. Young, Professor at Rockefeller University in New York, has won the 2017 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine. He shares the prize with Jeffrey Hall and Michael Rosbash of Brandeis University.