- 15 December 2016 / NYU Center for Ballet and the Arts Receives Stavros Niarchos Foundation Grant
The Center for Ballet and the Arts (CBA) at New York University has received a grant from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) to continue its mission of bringing together the artistic and academic communities.
- 15 December 2016 / Archaeology Magazine Includes SNFCC Archaeological Findings in Top 10 Discoveries of 2016
Τhe prominent US magazine “Archaeology” has included the archaeological findings that were found during the construction of the SNFCC at the 10 most important archaeological discoveries of 2016.
- 15 December 2016 / The SNF Supports the National Herald Foundation
The SNF, through its Employee Matching Contribution Program, and the SNF’s co-President Mr. Andreas Dracopoulos through a personal donation, support the National Herald Foundation, contributing towards the newspaper’s charitable activities.
- 14 December 2016 / Greek Diaspora Fellowship Program Selects 21 Diaspora Fellows to Conduct Projects with Greek Universities
Beginning in January, twenty-one Greek- and Cypriot-born scholars, hailing from a cross-section of sixteen prominent United States and Canadian universities, will travel to Greece to conduct academic projects with their peers at Greek universities, working in areas that range from public health to chemical genomics research, and from English language curriculum to continuing education studies in urban food security.
- 12 December 2016 / Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center Membership Program
In June 2016, during the four-day Metamorphosis events, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC), officially inaugurated the SNFCC Membership Program, with the registration of over 40,000 members. The two-year subscription for these members was covered by a grant by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF).
- 10 December 2016 / The Union of Attica Mayors honors the SNF
On Friday, December 9, the Union of Attica Mayors and the Union of Attica Municipalities organized an event to honor individuals and organizations for their important services to the community.
- 09 December 2016 / The National Herald on the SNFCC
The National Herald reports on the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center, heralding the innovative project and the Stavros Niarchos Foundation for its decision to complete the SNFCC amidst the crisis.
- 09 December 2016 / SNFCC is getting ready for the festivities
The trees along the Canal sparkle, the stars adorn the walls, the great installation for the Christmas tree in the middle of the Agora is almost completed to welcome us in a great warm and hospitable celebration full of music, cheerful events and treats!
- 08 December 2016 / The SNF, in collaboration with Columbia Journalism School, in NYC, establishes a Mass Media Scholarship Program for Greek journalists
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) has awarded a $1.3 million grant to Columbia Journalism School, in New York City, for the implementation of a three-year pilot program, allowing both entry-level and mid-career mass media professionals, as well as recent journalism program graduates from Greece, to participate in three intensive summer courses.