- 19 OCTOBER 2011 / WNYC: Film Fest Reflects Societal Changes in Greece
WNYC, New York City’s public radio station, interviews NYC Greek Film Festival Director James DeMetro and features clips of some of the festival’s films.
- 17 OCTOBER 2011 / Stavros Niarchos Foundation Volunteers for New York Cares Day
On October 15, 2011, over 7,000 volunteers provided more than $1 million in service to New York City public schools through creating colorful murals, re-painting hundreds of classrooms, and organizing dozens of libraries and storage closets.
- 15 OCTOBER 2011 / Ta Nea: This is how Alexander came to the Louvre
An extensive interview in Ta Nea with Louvre’s curator Sophie Descamps-Lequime on the museum’s major exhibit on ancient Macedonia.
- 02 OCTOBER 2011 / To Vima: Alexander conquers the Louvre
Extensive article on Sunday’s edition of To Vima on the comprehensive Louvre exhibit on ancient Macedonian culture and society, In the Kingdom of Alexander the Great – Ancient Macedonia.
- 01 OCTOBER 2011 / Athenian daily, Ta Nea, interviews SNF Co-President, Andreas Dracopoulos
In an extensive interview with Ta Nea, Andreas Dracopoulos discusses the Foundation’s philosophy and grant-making activities, and the importance of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center.
- 29 SEPTEMBER 2011 / The National Herald: The Holy Cross school in Brooklyn attracts more students
An article in The National Herald on major educational and facility improvements at the Holy Cross school in Brooklyn, leading to increases in the student body. The facility improvements (roof playground, greenhouse) have been supported by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation.
- 28 SEPTEMBER 2011 / The historical Spartathlon ultramarathon revives for yet another year
For the seventh year running, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation supports the historical Spartathlon ultramarathon, which celebrated, this year, the 29th anniversary of the first contemporary revival of the historical journey by British Philhellene John Fodden and his team.
- 27 SEPTEMBER 2011 / Kathimerini: Sparta – Athens: A race for athletes from all over the world
An article in Kathimerini on the Spartathlon 250km race from Athens to Sparta, which will start on September 30th, with the participation of 350 runners from 39 countries worldwide.
- 19 SEPTEMBER 2011 / The Kingdom of Alexander the Great travels to the Louvre with support from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation is supporting, through a grant to the Louvre Museum, the much-anticipated exhibition, In the Kingdom of Alexander the Great – Ancient Macedonia» (Au Royaume d’Alexandre le Grand – La Macedoine Antique).