- 28 March 2016 / Metamorphosis: The SNFCC to the World June 23-26, 2016 | Public events for all ages
In June 2016, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) in Athens, will host the original cultural event under the title Metamorphosis: The SNFCC to the World.
- 23 March 2016 / The SNF participates in the European Programme for Integration and Migration, by supporting NGOs that focus on the needs of unaccompanied children reaching Greece
Given the dramatic dimensions the refugee issue has reached in Greece and throughout Europe, and as part of its grants concerning the relief of refugee populations, the SNF participates in the European Programme for Integration and Migration - EPIM, for the support and implementation of actions focusing on the need for protection of unaccompanied children reaching Greece.
- 23 March 2016 / Announcement of the program “Positive care for dementia” with the support of the SNF
On Tuesday, March 22nd, the “Positive care for dementia” program was presented to the media, which is implemented by Alzheimer’s Disease International - ADI, in collaboration with Alzheimer Hellas.
- 21 March 2016 / The Tällberg workshop “Clash of civilizations?” in Lesvos, with the support of the SNF
The Tällberg Foundation organized a workshop on the underlying cause and potential long-term consequences of Europe’s refugee crisis, “Clash of civilizations?” from March 17 to 20 on the island of Lesvos.
- 20 March 2016 / The SNF joins New York Road Runners’ Team for Kids at the 2016 United Airlines NYC Half
On Sunday, March 20th, 2016, the SNF Team ran for New York Road Runners Team for Kids, which raises funds to support New York Road Runners youth programming across all of New York City, year-round. In addition, we witnessed and helped out with the launch of Year 2 of the Youth Running Series.
- 17 March 2016 / The Mobile Medical Units travel to Schoinousa
On March 19th to March 20th , the Mobile Medical Units (MMUs) will visit the island of Schoinousa to provide extensive medical services, free of charge, to its permanent residents.
- 11 March 2016 / The Prefecture of Central Greece supports the Food Aid & Promotion of Healthy Nutrition program, with additional support by the SNF
The Prefecture of Central Greece and the Prolepsis Institute co-signed an agreement to include an additional 3,000 students in the Food Aid & Promotion of Healthy Nutrition program. The SNF matching funds contribution doubles the amount of all donations in support of the Program.
- 10 March 2016 / 6th Saint Devote Rugby Tournament in Monaco, with the SNF support
The 6th Saint Devote Rugby Tournament took place on February 27th in Monaco. This is a rugby challenge for children that highlights team spirit and the notions of generosity, sharing, solidarity, respect and fair play.
- 08 March 2016 / SNF Awards $925,000 to Hospital for Special Surgery to Support Training of Greek Orthopedic Surgeons
The SNF announced a grant of $925,000 over three years to Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS), in New York City, to support professional development programs for Greece’s orthopedic surgeons.