- 15 May 2015 / The Mobile Medical Units Visit Serifos
On May 16th, the Mobile Medical Units will visit the island of Serifos to provide extensive medical services, free of charge, to the residents of the island, where they will stay until May 18th. This is the twelfth mission of the Units, following visits in Kastelorizo, Amorgos, Kasos , Astypalaia, Psarra, Fournoi, Patmos, Folegandros, Lipsi ,Nisyros, and Tilos.
- 12 May 2015 / The SNF announces its New Cycle of Grants
The Board of Directors of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation approved 67 new grants, totaling €11.3 million, during its April 2015 bi-annual meeting. The new grants cover the Foundation’s four main programmatic areas (Arts & Culture, Education, Health & Sports and Social Welfare) and provide support to international and Greek non-profit organizations.
- 07 May 2015 / Visit of the Minister of Culture, Education and Religion at the SNFCC
On Wednesday, May 6th, the Minister of Culture, Education and Religion, Mr. Aristides Baltas, visited the construction site of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center. Mr. Baltas, who was accompanied by the General Secretary, Mr. Dimitris Hasapis, was given a tour of the site and was informed by the progress of the construction works by representatives of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation and the SNFCC.
- 06 May 2015 / The SNF offers emergency relief support to Nepal, in the aftermath of the catastrophic earthquake
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation has announced a total grant of $500,000 to Oxfam GB, and the International Federation of Red Cross, to assist international relief efforts aiming to provide critical support to the people of Nepal, who are suffering from the recent massive earthquake.
- 04 May 2015 / SNF Brain Insight Lecture at The Mortimer B. Zuckerman Mind Brain Behavior Institute at Columbia University
On May 5th, the Mortimer B. Zuckerman Mind Brain Behavior Institute at Columbia University will host the SNF Brain Insight Lecture “How Mind and Brain Enable Self-Control: The Marshmallow Test and Beyond” by Dr. Walter Mischel.
- 02 May 2015 / Mount Sinai Queens promotes its Capital Expansion Campaign
On May 1st, Mount Sinai Queens introduced the Capital Expansion Campaign for the new and expanded facilities of the hospital in Astoria, Queens to potential donors and leaders of the local community. The Stavros Niarchos Foundation was an early supporter of the expansion, with a grant for the new Emergency Department.
- 29 April 2015 / AHEPA awards Stavros Niarchos Foundation with 2015 Archbishop Iakovos Humanitarian Award
On April 29th, AHEPA awarded the Stavros Niarchos Foundation with the 2015 Archbishop Iakovos Humanitarian Award for its dedication to philanthropy, charity, preservation of Hellenism and appreciation of the immigrant experience in America and the American dream.
- 27 April 2015 / Inauguration of the new facilities at the Center “Children of Spring”
Sunday, April 26th 2015, marked the inauguration of the new facilities of the Day Center for People with Special Needs “Children of Spring” in Alexandria Imathias.
- 23 April 2015 / The Mobile Medical Units Visit Tilos
On April 23rd, the Mobile Medical Units will visit the island of Tilos to provide extensive medical services, free of charge, to the residents of the island, where they will stay until April 26th. This is the eleventh mission of the Units, following visits in Kastelorizo, Amorgos, Kasos , Astypalaia, Psarra, Fournoi, Patmos, Folegandros, Lipsi and Nisyros.