24 NOVEMBER 2017Inauguration of the Walk the Plank’s new Cobden Works creative hub, in Salford (UK), with the SNF’s supportOn Thursday, November 23th, Walk the Plank inaugurated Cobden Works, UK’s first purpose-built outdoor arts complex, which has been made possible through the support of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation.
- On Tuesday, November 28th, 2017, PEN America will host “Breakout: Voices from the Inside”, an annual event to recognize and celebrate excellence in prison writing. The event is open to the public, and will take place in New York City.
- On Monday, November 20th, 2017, the Child Mind Institute (CMI) hosted their annual Child Advocacy Award Dinner in New York.
22 NOVEMBER 2017Article in the New York Times referencing the SNF’s contribution to the revitalization of AthensThe New York Times presents the work of grantee Ilias Lalaounis Jewelry Museum, referencing the SNF’s support to the Museum’s «Jewelry Resident Program». The SNF has supported the establishment and the one-year operation of two live metalsmithing and traditional crafts studio workshops.
- The internship program of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) pertains to paid internship positions and is implemented through the exclusive support of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), in the framework of its continued support to the SNFCC over five years.
- On Tuesday, November 21st, 2017, as part of the official State visit to Athens, the President of the Republic of Poland, Andrzej Duda, visited the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC).
- The 18th edition of the leading international philanthropic race No Finish Line began on Saturday, November 11th, in Monaco, and it finished on Sunday, November 19th. The sports event was held on the occasion of the Universal Children’s Day, celebrated on the 20th of November.
20 NOVEMBER 2017Columbia University Announces a New Initiative: the Institute for Ideas and ImaginationOn Friday, November 17, 2017, Columbia University announced a new initiative, the Institute for Ideas and Imagination, for which lead support is provided by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation, in addition to the Andrew M. Mellon Foundation.
20 NOVEMBER 2017The Mobile Medical Units have successfully completed their first mission in the island of SamothraceFrom November 15th to November 18th, 2017, the Mobile Medical Units (MMUs) visited Samothrace to provide the island’s residents with free comprehensive medical care and support, offered by the highly qualified scientific personnel.