- 09 December 2016 / The National Herald on the SNFCC
The National Herald reports on the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center, heralding the innovative project and the Stavros Niarchos Foundation for its decision to complete the SNFCC amidst the crisis.
- 09 December 2016 / SNFCC is getting ready for the festivities
The trees along the Canal sparkle, the stars adorn the walls, the great installation for the Christmas tree in the middle of the Agora is almost completed to welcome us in a great warm and hospitable celebration full of music, cheerful events and treats!
- 08 December 2016 / The SNF, in collaboration with Columbia Journalism School, in NYC, establishes a Mass Media Scholarship Program for Greek journalists
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) has awarded a $1.3 million grant to Columbia Journalism School, in New York City, for the implementation of a three-year pilot program, allowing both entry-level and mid-career mass media professionals, as well as recent journalism program graduates from Greece, to participate in three intensive summer courses.
- 08 December 2016 / Real-Life Acoustic Performance Tests at Stavros Niarchos Hall successfully completed
On December 7th Arup Acoustics, consultants for acoustic design, successfully completed the last of a series of “real life” performance tests at the building of the Greek National Opera at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center.
- 07 December 2016 / The Municipality of Thessaloniki Honors the SNF
The Municipality of Thessaloniki as part of the event entitled “100 donations, 1.000 thank you”, whose goal was to recognize the support of individuals and organizations for the support of those in need, honored the Stavros Niarchos Foundation for its contributions to the city’s social welfare structure.
- 05 December 2016 / Perimeter Particle Physicist Awarded New Horizons Prize
Asimina Arvanitaki will share the New Horizons in Physics Prize from the Breakthrough Foundation – a $100,000 award that recognizes exceptionally promising young researchers.
- 02 December 2016 / The Financial Times on the SNFCC
The Financial Times (FT) report on the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center referring to the SNFCC as “Greece’s new temple to high culture.”
- 01 December 2016 / HSS Professional Orthopedic Seminar Program Focuses on Greek National Joint Replacement Surgeons
Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS) will host surgeons from Greece for an annual symposium dedicated to teaching the latest techniques and innovations in complex hip and knee reconstruction.
- 29 November 2016 / 2016 Tällberg Foundation Global Leadership Prize
The Tällberg Foundation announced today the winners of its Global Leadership Prize for 2016: Sunitha Krishnan from India and Christiana Figures from Costa Rica.