- 27 April 2017 / The Architectural Exhibition “Renzo Piano Building Workshop – Piece by Piece”
On April 27th at 19:00 the opening of the architectural exhibition “Renzo Piano Building Workshop – Piece by Piece” took place at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center. The exhibition is organized by the Fondazione Renzo Piano and the Renzo Piano Building Workshop, with the exclusive support of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation.
- 27 April 2017 / The National and Kapodistrian University of Athens honors the SNF
Celebrating 180 years since its establishment, the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens holds a series of cultural and scientific events that take place throughout the year. As part of the scheduled activities, on Wednesday, April 26th 2017, the Educational Institution organized an event in honor of its Donors and Benefactors.
- 27 April 2017 / Ethnikos Kirikas on the Role of SNF co-President A. Dracopoulos in Greek American Community
Ethnikos Kirikas hosts an op-ed by published Mr. Antonis Diamataris focusing on the future of leadership in the Greek American community.
- 27 April 2017 / Madison Square Boys & Girls Club Hosts 2017 Youth of the Year Dinner
On Wednesday, April 26th the Madison Square Boys & Girls Club (MSBGC), SNF grantee, hosted their annual Youth of the Year Dinner, which honors four of their most outstanding Clubhouse members.
- 26 April 2017 / No Finish Line Athens starts, with the SNF support
Running for the first time in Athens, the leading international philanthropic race No Finish Line, starts today, on Wednesday, April 26th, at 19:00, and will be held at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC).
- 25 April 2017 / SNF Brain Insight Lecture at The Mortimer B. Zuckerman Mind Brain Behavior Institute at Columbia University by Dr. Thomas Jessell
On April 25, Columbia University Professor Thomas M. Jessell, PhD, shared his pioneering research into how the brain tells the body to move — and what happens in diseases when this process goes awry.
- 25 April 2017 / Finale of the 2017 Aegean Chess Championship, with the support of the SNF
On Sunday, 22 April 2017, the finalists of the 2017 Chess Championship were held in Antiparos with the support of the ISN.
- 21 April 2017 / Maryland Film Festival Provides A FIRST LOOK at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Parkway
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Parkway received its first invitation-only audience on the evening of April 20th, 2017, as donors and supporters descended on the theater for its A FIRST LOOK preview opening and donor appreciation event.
- 20 April 2017 / Grant totaling 14 million euros to the National Center for Emergency Care
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) announced the details of its new grant to the National Center for Emergency Care (EKAV), totaling 14 million euros. The grant is part of the SNF’s initiative against the Greek crisis.