- 11 June 2015 / World Music Day at the Stavros Niarchos Park, with Dionysis Savvopoulos
On June 21, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC), celebrating World Music Day, opens its doors to the public with a concert presented by Dionysis Savvopoulos and his colleagues, especially prepared for that Sunday and the brand new, fresh and green space that is the Stavros Niarchos Park.
- 08 June 2015 / Light Up the Night at the Stavros Niarchos Park
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) opens its doors to the public, presenting 4 days—and nights—of events for the whole family, which will take place from June 21st to the 24th, combining Music and Photography, Architecture and the Environment, Sports and Creative Workshops, all-night Video Art Screenings and Art, offering a multifaceted experience, filled with Magic & Surprises.
- 06 June 2015 / Launch of Tandem Europe, a new collaboration and exchange program for culture and social innovation
The Launch of Tandem Europe, a vocational one-year exchange program that allows cultural initiatives to kick-start long-term collaboration on a European level, has been announced.
- 05 June 2015 / Maimonides Cancer Center Celebration for Survivors
On June 9, the Maimonides Medical Center will celebrate cancer survivors and their families. Hildy Simmons, former advisor to the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Board of Directors, will be honored with the Community Leadership Award for her service to the hospital and community.
- 01 June 2015 / Child Mind Institute’s Healthy Brain Network receives $1 Million Grant from the SNF
The Child Mind Institute received a $1 million grant from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation for the Healthy Brain Network (HBN), a groundbreaking initiative which intends to revolutionize child and adolescent psychiatry by providing the scientific community with an open source, unprecedentedly rich, large-scale dataset, while improving access to mental health resources in New York City and beyond. The grant will be used to fund the HBN Research Vehicle which is the cornerstone of the initiative’s community-based model.
- 22 May 2015 / Gala for The National Herald’s 100th Year Anniversary where Andreas Dracopoulos, Co-President of the SNF was honored
On May 22, The National Herald celebrated its one hundred year anniversary with a gala at the New York Public Library in New York City. Over 400 distinguished guests from the United States, Greece, and Cyprus attended, and Stavros Niarchos Foundation co-President Mr. Andreas Dracopoulos was honored.
- 20 May 2015 / Stavros Niarchos Foundation and Charles H. Revson Foundation Present 2nd Annual NYC Neighborhood Library Awards
On May 20, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation and the Charles H. Revson Foundation presented the 2nd annual NYC Neighborhood Library Awards.
- 19 May 2015 / Spring 2015 visit to Laos
From a recent visit to the Orphanage School of Luang Prabang , northern Laos . The Foundation is involved in a few projects in Lao related to health issues, education and the arts.
- 19 May 2015 / SNF announces $1,000,000 Grant in support of ArtPlace America
The SNF approved a $1,000,000 grant to support ArtPlace America’s national work in the field of creative placemaking. The $1,000,000 grant distributed over two years will support ArtPlace America’s four program areas: