- 03 March 2016 / Metamorphosis: The SNFCC to the World
From June 23rd to June 26th, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) will open its doors to the public, presenting a multifaceted program of activities.
- 22 February 2016 / The 61st regular assembly of the Special Advisory Committee of the Greek State with the SNF for the SNFCC was held, for the first time, at the SNFCC worksite
Just a few months before the completion of the construction of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) and its delivery to the Greek State, the 61st regular assembly of the Special Advisory Committee of the Greek State with the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) for the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) was held, for the first time, inside the SNFCC worksite. The assembly aims towards the timely preparation and collaboration between all involved parties, in order to safeguard the optimal future operation of the project.
- 22 February 2016 / SNFCC Impact Study
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) has asked The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) to draft (2010) and then update (2016) a study on the economic, environmental and social impact of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC).
- 19 February 2016 / Italian Minister of Foreign Affairs, Mr. Paolo Gentiloni, visits the SNFCC
On Thursday, February 18th, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Italy, Mr. Paolo Gentiloni, during his official visit to Athens, visited the construction site of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC).
- 12 February 2016 / Dedication of the vascular lab of the Peconic Bay Medical Center, with the SNF support
On Thursday January 28th, the non-invasive vascular lab of the Peconic Bay Medical Center was dedicated in honor of SNF’s support. The grant includes the renovation of the spaces and the purchase of sophisticated equipment necessary for the non-invasive procedures.
- 11 February 2016 / The Mobile Medical Units travel to Anafi
On February 13th to 14th , the Mobile Medical Units will visit the island of Anafi to provide extensive medical services, free of charge, to its permanent residents. This is the 17th mission of the Units, following visits in Kastelorizo, Amorgos, Kasos , Astypalaia, Psarra, Fournoi-Thimaina, Patmos, Folegandros, Lipsi, Nisyros, Tilos, Serifos, Ano Koufonisi, Agios Efstratios, Kimolos and Agathonisi.
- 06 February 2016 / Prime Minister A.Tsipras visits the SNFCC
On Saturday, February 6th, the Prime Minister of the Hellenic Republic, Mr. Alexis Tsipras visited the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC). He was joined by the Minister of Culture, Mr. Aristides Baltas, and the Minister of State, Mr. Nikos Pappas.
- 03 February 2016 / The SNF responds to the Severe Drought Crisis in Ethiopia with a €250,000 Emergency Relief Grant to Oxfam
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation announced an emergency relief grant of €250,000/$271,000 to Oxfam to help address some of the critical needs of the inhabitants of Ethiopia’s most drought-stricken areas.
- 29 January 2016 / Andreas Dracopoulos is awarded the rank of the Officer of the Legion of Honor of the Republic of France
By virtue of a decree by the President of the Republic of France, issued on January 5th, 2016, the SNF’s Co-President, Mr. Andreas Dracopoulos, has been awarded the rank of the Officer of the Legion of Honor of the Republic of France.