- 22 May 2020 / Honoring Theodore Papazoglou: SNF and HFRI Rename Program for Greek Scientific Research
Honoring his exceptional dedication and presence in advancing the cause of scientific research, the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) and the Hellenic Foundation for Research and Innovation are renaming the program to provide support for promising research in Greece in memory of Theodore Papazoglou. Dr. Papazoglou passed away earlier this month after a battle with COVID-19.
- 20 May 2020 / "PRESENT" after the Lockdown
A journalistic chronicle by iMEdD captures the first days of a “new normal” immediately following lifting of the lockdown in Greece.
- 18 May 2020 / SNFestival RetroFuture | Online | Line Up Announcement
Long-run predictions about AI and humanity’s shared future? Check.
- 18 May 2020 / Columbia’s Institute for Ideas and Imagination Αnnounces Third Class of Fellows
Columbia University has announced the latest class of Fellows it will welcome to its Institute for Ideas and Imagination in Paris. Lead support for the Institute, part of the University’s Paris Global Center, was provided by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF).
- 18 May 2020 / Greek Language Tools Coming to U.S. Schools
The StaEllinika initiative, announced in April by the Greek Ministry of Foreign Affairs, serves as the platform of suite of apps for young Greek language learners developed through Simon Fraser University (SFU).
- 14 May 2020 / DIALOGUES Webcast: The Challenge to the Economy
The SNF DIALOGUES discussed the impacts of COVID-19 on the global economy and what comes next. SNF Co-President Andreas Dracopoulos spoke about the responsibility of foundations and the role of younger generations.
- 13 May 2020 / “A Courageous Space” for Discussion in Penn’s SNF Paideia Program
A new course offered at the University of Pennsylvania as part of the SNF Paideia Program is opening a space for conversations that might seem unimaginable elsewhere in 2020.
- 13 May 2020 / SNFCC Makes it to the Front Page of Kappa Magazine in View of a Live Concert
It’s the size of a football field, weighs as much as 160 buses, and generates energy—both electrical and artistic.
- 11 May 2020 / EXIT: SPRING, the Greek National Opera's first Online Festival
For now, we are unable to visit the Greek National Opera (GNO). We can, however, still enjoy some of the magic that experience when we attend a performance in person.