- 21 September 2020 / Stress, Sleep, and Resilience at the SNF Brain Insight Lecture
It goes without saying that 2020 has been an exceptionally stressful year. But how does all this extra stress affect our sleep, our mental health, and our aging?
- 17 September 2020 / Schieffer Series on U.S. Trade and Economic Leadership in the Next Decade
What does the United States need to do now to remain a global economic leader in 2030? Experts from the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) Trade Commission on Affirming American Leadership share their recommendations, a year in the making.
- 16 September 2020 / Apply now for 2021 Global Governance Fellowship at Chatham House
Applications remain open for the 2021 Stavros Niarchos Foundation Academy Fellowship (SNF) at Chatham House’s Queen Elizabeth II Academy.
- 16 September 2020 / Celebrating Women’s Suffrage at the SNF Agora Institute
Marking the 100th anniversary of the 19th amendment, an important milestone in women’s voting rights in the U.S., the Stravros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) Agora Institute at Johns Hopkins University will explore how women have shaped our democracy with a three-day event from September 17 to 19.
- 10 September 2020 / Athens Photo World 2020 Awards at the SNFCC
It’s an indelible, haunting image. A Syrian refugee, wearing a makeshift cape made of garbage bags draped over his shoulders like a superhero, gives his daughter a kiss as he carries her through the rain.
- 04 September 2020 / Mobile Medical Units Maintain Busy Schedule of Visits to Greek Islands
After a summer busy with visits to dozens of regions, the Mobile Medical Units are continuing at the same pace in the fall. In less than a month, they will travel more than 700 kilometers to visit the residents of Lipsi, Granitsa, Agrafa, Agathonisi, and Patmos.
- 02 September 2020 / Collaborating on Technology to Assist People with Physical Disabilities
ETH Zurich’s CYBATHLON aims to inspire research and development of technology to assist people with physical disabilities in going about their lives.
- 02 September 2020 / Damien Lewis Stars in Theater of War Project Featured in The New Yorker
Powerhouse performances and uncanny relevance are hallmarks of Theater of War Productions, which redeploys ancient plays to confront modern ills, and both are in full evidence in the company’s latest production.
- 31 August 2020 / From the Oliphant to the Psaltery, Byzantine Instruments Star in Digital Exhibition
Queue up your favorite oksivafon album and dive into the fantastical world of Byzantine musical instruments through a new digital exhibition showcasing their depiction on objects from pitchers to caskets.