- 01 February 2020 / February in Vamvakou
February may be cold, but at least spring is around the corner!
- 31 January 2020 / The SNFCC is Long on Offerings for the Shortest Month
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Centre (SNFCC) continues its strong start to 2020 with yet another exciting monthly program of events for all ages.
- 29 January 2020 / "Singing in the Brain", the Latest SNF Brain Insight Lecture at Columbia
The sun is up, the birds are singing, and Dr. Sarah Woolley is learning how young humans develop the ability to communicate using their voices.
- 29 January 2020 / SNF Scholar Recognized at Trinity Laban Showcase
Every year, Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance’s faculty nominate exceptional young musicians studying there to take part a Gold Medal Showcase, celebrating their talent.
- 29 January 2020 / Lanthimos Goes to the Opera
Internationally acclaimed Greek director Yorgos Lanthimos has begun work on a new short film production in Greece, a joint commission by the Greek National Opera (GNO) and the non-profit NEON.
- 29 January 2020 / Art Made Under the Volcano Comes to Brooklyn
New York crowds with fascinating museums: the Met, MoMA, and now the Transient Museum of a Thousand Conversations.
- 27 January 2020 / Grant Contracts Supporting Greek Nursing Sector and Educational Programs Ratified by Law
On January 27th, 2020, four separate grant contracts between the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) and the Greek State representing components of SNF’s Health Initiative were ratified by the Greek Parliament.
- 27 January 2020 / From Hunter to Hellas, a hands-on learning experience
The 15,000 undergraduate students at Hunter College, part of the City University of New York, hail from approximately 150 countries, a majority work to support themselves during their studies, and many are the first in their families to attend college. Through a grant from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), Hunter College Honors students who are majoring in Classics have the opportunity to study in Greece. The ten students who formed the second cohort to take part with SNF support recently returned to New York.
- 27 January 2020 / Academy Will Help Young Greeks Put Food on the Table… for the Rest of Us
Food producers in Greece are looking for employees; young Greeks need jobs. The ReGeneration Academy for Food Innovation, an intensive 75-hour program co-organized by New Agriculture for a New Generation and ReGeneration, with support from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), offers people 29 and younger who are interested in the food industry an entry point.