- 18 May 2021 / World Child Cancer Works to Improve Access to Childhood Cancer Services across Africa
In the United States and Europe, childhood cancer survival rates generally top 80%, whereas in low- and middle-income countries, that rate can fall as low as 10%. With support from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF), World Child Cancer is working to provide access to services to diagnose and treat childhood cancers—and change these numbers—in Ghana, Cameroon, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, and Sierra Leone.
- 17 May 2021 / SNF Ithaca Initiative to Foster Civil Discourse Launches at the University of Delaware
The University of Delaware Joseph R. Biden, Jr. School of Public Policy & Administration has announced the launch of a new pilot program designed to incubate the foundational skills and attitudes that allow civil discourse to flourish, through a major grant from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF): the SNF Ithaca Initiative.
- 17 May 2021 / Celebrate Pride and Juneteenth at Lincoln Center’s Restart Stages, part of the SNF-LC Agora Initiative
Celebrate Pride with the National Queer Theater, Juneteenth with artist Carl Hancock Rux, and simply being able to enjoy live performance in New York City again with an incredible lineup of artists including Moses Sumney.
- 17 May 2021 / Sculptures by Takis to Fill the Outdoor Spaces at the SNFCC
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) in Athens will hold an exhibition featuring iconic sculptures by renowned Greek artist Takis (Panagiotis Vassilakis, 1925-2019). The exhibition takes place in collaboration with the Takis Foundation – Research Center for the Art and the Sciences (K.E.T.E) and with support from the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF).
- 11 May 2021 / Mobile Medical Units Join Vaccination Effort on the Greek Islands
The volunteer doctors and nurses of the Mobile Medical Units are lending their time and skills to Greece’s national COVID-19 vaccination campaign, joining Mobile Medical Units (MMU) missions to Greek islands in the coming months.
- 10 May 2021 / Free Live Music Returns Today to a Newly Verdant Lincoln Center
Starting today and throughout May, New Yorkers will be able to experience a variety of live outdoor music performances, from salsa to Dvořák, at Lincoln Center, offered free through Restart Stages as part of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation-Lincoln Center (SNF-LC) Agora Initiative.
- 05 May 2021 / Spotlight on 25 Years of Grantmaking: Notes from SNF Program Officer, Alex Simon-Fox
- 03 May 2021 / You Are Here, a Lincoln Center Commission through the SNF-LC Agora Initiative, Mirrors Return to Live Experiences in NYC
To begin, 25 sculptures in the midst of an “aural garden” at Lincoln Center’s outdoor campus will present audio portraits of 25 New Yorkers. Over time, these representations will be replaced by the real thing—live performances by the people themselves. You Are Here, a project created by GALLIM choreographer and artistic director Andrea Miller, will be presented this summer through Restart Stages, part of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation-Lincoln Center (SNF-LC) Agora Initiative.
- 01 May 2021 / Condolences from SNF’s Board of Directors for the Passing of Pavlos Ioannidis
The Board of Directors of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) express their heartfelt condolences for the passing of Pavlos Ioannidis, Honorary Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Onassis Foundation.